The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@BuddyThomas , really enjoyed your photoa (in a different thread) of the outdoor decorations that you and Phil put up for Christmas. My favorite was the Santa train on your lawn! :joyfull:

Anyway, I thought of you a few times recently, while I was watching various holiday TV shows from N.Y. City. (A somewhat revamped 2020 Macy's Parade; the Rockefeller Center tree lighting festivities; and some other show, whose title slips my mind at the moment.) It was odd not seeing the usual, massive crowds for any of these events, and I'm sure you'll be thrilled when things finally return to normal again in the city. In the meantime, happy holidays to the both of you.

93boomer

Premium Member
My turn, and hopefully this will be sort of nothing. It’s already something for someone, just not me yet.

My day off tomorrow, one guy just texted me and said his girlfriend’s dad had to get tested for work and tested positive. His gf and her mom both don’t feel well and are going to get rapid tests. He is trying to get a rapid test ASAP. He was supposed to work tomorrow.

I know you can get a rapid test without symptoms and show negative even if you are positive. I told him not to come in tomorrow, and suggested he stay away from them regardless of test results. He hasn’t been to their house in two days.

He last worked on Saturday. (I stayed home that day.) I last saw him at shift change on Thursday. He is OCD and very careful about this stuff. He cleans more than anyone else.

Hopefully he dodged a bullet, or the two people who worked after him on Saturday need to get tested, and we’ll be short handed (obviously worse for anyone who may get ill.)

It does feel different this time around. More people being less careful, etc.
My DD’s best friend’s whole family thought they had it. All the symptoms. Negative tests but her Mom was positive. All are getting better except her best friend so she went to ER yesterday. Worse coughing and she has asthma. If you have respiratory problems, they send you there. Her test came back negative. Sent her home with steroids and no diagnosis.
My Mom has a brother and a sister that all did have it. Hubby knows men at work that have had it.
It seems like at first no one we knew had it. Now, you hear every day about someone that has. It’s worrying. 😟

BuddyThomas

@BuddyThomas , really enjoyed your photoa (in a different thread) of the outdoor decorations that you and Phil put up for Christmas. My favorite was the Santa train on your lawn! :joyfull:

Anyway, I thought of you a few times recently, while I was watching various holiday TV shows from N.Y. City. (A somewhat revamped 2020 Macy's Parade; the Rockefeller Center tree lighting festivities; and some other show, whose title slips my mind at the moment.) It was odd not seeing the usual, massive crowds for any of these events, and I'm sure you'll be thrilled when things finally return to normal again in the city. In the meantime, happy holidays to the both of you.
Same to you! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Lilofan

I had never even heard of Popeyes until a year or so ago. I've never had it. I LOVE KFC though...the closest one to us is in Arnhem, though, so we don't get it often. I'm so sad they don't have the sides here like they do in the US. You can only get corn on the cob, coleslaw, or fries. Their fries are AWFUL, I don't like coleslaw, so corn it is. For a while last year they had mashed potatoes and gravy, but they discontinued it after a month or two, so I can't get that anymore. I like the buffet ones in the US where they have mac n cheese, green beans, biscuits, etc...you can get whatever you want.

I have only eaten at CFA twice that I can remember...once in high school on a speech and debate trip, and then once in college when my brother and a friend of ours and I were judging a speech tournament and a blizzard hit and we were snowed in in Cheyenne. If I remember correctly that was the only place in the mall that was still open and would take a check or something? I remember we hadn't planned on staying overnight because it's only an hour from Laramie to Cheyenne, so we were just going to judge for the day, make some money, and then drive home, but while we were judging rounds, the storm hit and the road was closed. The tournament organizers gave us our paychecks, but it was a weekend and the banks were closed, so we couldn't cash the checks. That was the only money we had because we hadn't planned on staying there. And no one would cash a check for us, etc. I don't really remember the chicken at all....I only remember they didn't have regular fries, only waffle fries, which are nasty. I have never been a fan of waffle fries. ..they always taste burnt to me. I remember one of those two times, the kids meal came with a little golden book. That is the extent of my memory of CFA.
It is very hard to find a KFC buffet. There is one in Palm Coast FL if it is still there. All you can eat on several items including crispy and original chicken. The franchise purposely leaves the buffet line empty of chicken and the customer has to ask for what they want and gets 2-3 pieces at a time. The bread pudding and green beans are very good.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It is very hard to find a KFC buffet. There is one in Palm Coast FL if it is still there. All you can eat on several items including crispy and original chicken. The franchise purposely leaves the buffet line empty of chicken and the customer has to ask for what they want and gets 2-3 pieces at a time. The bread pudding and green beans are very good.

O.k. So let me get this straight. It is a chicken buffet and yet, chicken is MIA, unless you find someone to bring more out?! Pass. :D

Lilofan

O.k. So let me get this straight. It is a chicken buffet and yet, chicken is MIA, unless you find someone to bring more out?! Pass. :D
Not even that classy. No waiter service. We the customers have to go to buffet area which is no more than 10 items, ask for some chicken and a few minutes later it gets put out on our clean plate. Others paying in the dining place just ordered off the menu and didn't want to deal with the buffet set up, and the buffet is only from 1130-2pm. .

Tony the Tigger

It seems like at first no one we knew had it. Now, you hear every day about someone that has. It’s worrying.
^This. Exactly.

Following up: last night, he and his gf’s mom tested negative, but gf tested positive. Both mom & gf felt unwell.

And as of this afternoon, he does, too. Bedridden, bad headache, no energy. Hit him hard and quick. (He’s in his 20’s, should be OK.)

For the rest of us, it’s now about when did he get it. Tomorrow is my 5th day since briefly seeing him, which is a good place to be, I think.

93boomer

Premium Member
^This. Exactly.

Following up: last night, he and his gf’s mom tested negative, but gf tested positive. Both mom & gf felt unwell.

And as of this afternoon, he does, too. Bedridden, bad headache, no energy. Hit him hard and quick. (He’s in his 20’s, should be OK.)

For the rest of us, it’s now about when did he get it. Tomorrow is my 5th day since briefly seeing him, which is a good place to be, I think.
Good luck!! I hope you don’t get it. 🤞🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom