Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

JT3000

I'm still not sold on photos of the final product. Is it impressive? Absolutely, especially the unprecedented amount of movement. Is it aesthetically pleasing? To me, no. This has been my complaint all along, but it's so cramped and cluttered and the removal of the construction and scaffolding equipment did not change that which I was hoping would. Everything is on top of everything else, it looks like there's very little walking space or room to breathe. No "vista" views, if you will.

Maybe, but you don't actually go fast on this. We'll have to wait and see whether this properly feels like a wild race or yet another instance where actual fast movement should have been utilized over simulated fast movement.

*First Harry Potter, (several mediocre to horrible attractions omitted), Hagrid's, and now this.

Galaxy's Bland isn't a cramped, cluttered corridor and it holds the best theme park attraction ever created, so we'll see how this stacks up.
That's subjective. RotR is a visual feast but not particularly exciting, nor do I think it makes up for the rest of the land's issues. Nintendo may not be for everyone, but you can't deny that it delivers the source material in a more satisfying fashion. No one's going to show up thinking, "But where's the stuff that makes Nintendo Nintendo?"

Brer Oswald

That's subjective. RotR is a visual feast but not particularly exciting, nor do I think it makes up for the rest of the land's issues. Mario may not be for everyone, but you can't deny that it delivers the source material in a more satisfying fashion. No one's going to show up thinking, "But where's the stuff that makes Mario Mario?"
FTFY

Brer Oswald

It won't be just Mario though, they'll also have Donkey Kong, which looks to have a similar aesthetic, and they will have the option to expand on the brand even more in Orlando.
They’re spin-offs of each other. Donkey Kong Island exists in the same universe as the Mushroom Kingdom, which is why the former will be built off the latter.

Zelda and anything else will more than likely be built separately and detached. Zelda also appeals to a different audience than Mario.

Disneyhead'71

They’re spin-offs of each other. Donkey Kong Island exists in the same universe as the Mushroom Kingdom, which is why the former will be built off the latter.

Zelda and anything else will more than likely be built separately and detached. Zelda also appeals to a different audience than Mario.
PikMan is also present in the land.

Disneyhead'71

Fallen and Furious will forever amaze me.

As in how they were ever greenlit.
I am always amused by how theme park fans dis Fallon like it's a bad attraction. It has one of the highest GSATs at the resort, and it moves a surprising amount of merch. The Today Cafe is a direct result of Fallon's success.

These same people hold up the GMR like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but by the time they closed it, it was a walk on in a park with 5 rides.

Fast and Furious though, yeah that is a bad attraction.

erasure fan1

That's subjective. RotR is a visual feast but not particularly exciting, nor do I think it makes up for the rest of the land's issues. Nintendo may not be for everyone, but you can't deny that it delivers the source material in a more satisfying fashion. No one's going to show up thinking, "But where's the stuff that makes Nintendo Nintendo?"
100% on the nose. I've never been a big fan of Nintendo. I love Zelda and 2d metroid is cool but Mario has never been anywhere near the top of my list. But I am really looking forward to this because I am a HUGE video game fan and this looks to be 100% straight up classic Nintendo. I have a feeling the opening in Florida is just going to embarrass the galaxy's edge opening for that reason.

Tom Morrow

I think Fallon would be fine in a park that had it as it's only simulator. Or perhaps the real NBC studio if they have a visitor center (unsure). It's just that, in UOR, it's probably the least impressive screen-based ride out of many, and it was already superfluous when added.

Taking a stab at the high scores, I would guess:
- Being at the front of the park, if they survey them as they leave it, it might be one of the first things they've done and don't have much to compare it to.
- Typically short waits, or a virtual queue that was easy to obtain with a short wait.
- Fun queue and pre-show.
- Low height requirement = family fun!
- Not a bad ride, just aggressively average.

Tom Morrow

100% on the nose. I've never been a big fan of Nintendo. I love Zelda and 2d metroid is cool but Mario has never been anywhere near the top of my list. But I am really looking forward to this because I am a HUGE video game fan and this looks to be 100% straight up classic Nintendo. I have a feeling the opening in Florida is just going to embarrass the galaxy's edge opening for that reason.
Galaxy's Edge's opening was a flop because, as we saw, everyone was waiting for Rise to open. Once it did, you had 10,000 people lined up at 6:00 AM every day.

erasure fan1

Galaxy's Edge's opening was a flop because, as we saw, everyone was waiting for Rise to open. Once it did, you had 10,000 people lined up at 6:00 AM every day.
Well not exactly. Galaxys edge should have opened to huge crowds even with no rides. Why didn't it? Because Disney misunderstood what fans wanted. If the land best represented what fans wanted to see from a star wars land, they would have shown up. I have no doubts that some might have pushed a vacation until both rides were opened. But if Mermaid can have lines all over Disney Land when it opened. Star wars, the franchise with the most ravenous fan base in history, should be able to do the same. But it didn't. Sure tons of people show up in the morning for rise now. But once the boarding groups are filled, tons just leave the park and the land still isn't crazy busy like it should be. I would bet that even if Mario kart didn't open when the land opens, Nintendo land would still embarrass the galaxy's edge opening. Why? Because it looks to be the 100% pure Nintendo that people love.

Disneyhead'71

Didn't Disney originally say that SW:GE@DHS would open in late fall, then move up the opening to August after everyone made reservations for the Holidays to see it. And when they announced the August opening they said the main attraction wouldn't open with it. So no one changed their Holiday trip plans. Then they opened the main attraction 6 months later, running one third capacity causing a nightmare scenario trying to actually get on the thing?

Disney fumbled the opening of the land so badly, that that in and of itself has been a deterrent. I think if the land had had a clean opening with both attractions and plenty of time between announcing an opening date and when it opened, the conversation about the land would be completely different.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Didn't Disney originally say that SW:GE@DHS would open in late fall, then move up the opening to August after everyone made reservations for the Holidays to see it. And when they announced the August opening they said the main attraction wouldn't open with it. So no one changed their Holiday trip plans. Then they opened the main attraction 6 months later, running one third capacity causing a nightmare scenario trying to actually get on the thing?

Disney fumbled the opening of the land so badly, that that in and of itself has been a deterrent. I think if the land had had a clean opening with both attractions and plenty of time between announcing an opening date and when it opened, the conversation about the land would be completely different.

Agreed. Disney did everything in their power to tell people not to come, particularly at Disneyland. Then everyone was surprised when people listened. All indications pointed to the land being immensely more popular prior to the Pandemic.

Clopin Trouillefou

Agreed. Disney did everything in their power to tell people not to come, particularly at Disneyland. Then everyone was surprised when people listened. All indications pointed to the land being immensely more popular prior to the Pandemic.

absolutely, I got lucky and was able to visit in January in the before time and had two successful rides on Rise. The first day was nothing less than my favorite day I've ever spent in a disney park.

I don't mean to be dismissive but I genuinely do not understand the criticisms some folks have. entitled to their opinion of course.

Tom Morrow

absolutely, I got lucky and was able to visit in January in the before time and had two successful rides on Rise. The first day was nothing less than my favorite day I've ever spent in a disney park.

I don't mean to be dismissive but I genuinely do not understand the criticisms some folks have. entitled to their opinion of course.

Fanboy types are clinging to SWGE's underwhelming opening as evidence that the land is a bust and everyone hates it, despite that clearly being proven wrong last winter.

This is not to say that I don't think the land could use some adjustments. There's quite a bit they could do. But I don't understand how any fan of themed entertainment could even walk around the land and be like, "well this just sucks" and believe what they are telling themselves.

lazyboy97o

Fanboy types are clinging to SWGE's underwhelming opening as evidence that the land is a bust and everyone hates it, despite that clearly being proven wrong last winter.

This is not to say that I don't think the land could use some adjustments. There's quite a bit they could do. But I don't understand how any fan of themed entertainment could even walk around the land and be like, "well this just sucks" and believe what they are telling themselves.
Because themed entertainment isn’t the art of decorating walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom