The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

You would think. 🙄

I keep reminding him that Sheldon once spent an hour on hold with HP customer service just to complain about their customer service...no difference. I have regretted buying every HP product I've ever owned.

I just got an HP :hilarious: This is my second PC since college. My first PC was a Toshiba and hated it. New hard drive within the first couple months. Blue screen of death during my last week of school. Then I went to a Apple and it lasted 10 years. Unfortunately, they're a bit too much money today.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My first HP printer lasted over 12 years with "0" problems for the entire time. The ink set up was over $120.00 but I only had to replenish once a year. Then it just stopped feeding paper. So I bought a used exactly the same model via Amazon and it arrived, looking good, but didn't work at all. I just figured that if it worked I would have a match for parts if needed. It didn't happen. I bought an Epsom that does everything except make breakfast. Copy, Fax, Scan and even Prints. I actually find myself printing more now because I can print both sides which saves a lot on paper. All I can think of is just how complicated the internal workings are and how quickly it is going to buy the farm. Hopefully a while longer though. My HP would only print. How primitive, but last it did and since I had an independent scanner, I really didn't need anything else. On the other hand, when I bought my HP it cost over $400.00 this new one was $165.00.

We also had HP printers that lasted for many years. After that, most printer prices came down so other brands were used, and lasted a few years at the most. (I don't know if all of the present HP models are the same quality, or if they vary widely, depending upon current price.) Hubs is the techie; I just use whatever brand he buys.

I think all toner prices are ridiculous, though. When toner costs more than some cheaper printers, you just have to shake your head in disbelief. :rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just when I thought that my dog can't get any stranger . . .

Yesterday, I brought in bags of groceries and quickly put them away, as I had to run back out to do errands.

When I came home about an hour later, I saw a pile of dirt and pieces of paper wrap? on the livingroom floor. I first thought that maybe the dog knocked over a plant -- but wait, my plants are all fake -- no dirt. 🤔

Then, I noticed one of the pieces of wrap had the Starbucks logo on it -- Jack, the crazy dog, grabbed a pound of Starbucks French Roast coffee off the kitchen table, dragged it into the livingroom, and mauled and spread the coffee grinds all over the room!! :devilish: Ugh! There went $9.00 down the drain . . . :banghead:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Yesterday, I brought in bags of groceries and quickly put them away, as I had to run back out to do errands.

When I came home about an hour later, I saw a pile of dirt and pieces of paper wrap? on the livingroom floor. I first thought that maybe the dog knocked over a plant -- but wait, my plants are all fake -- no dirt. 🤔

Then, I noticed one of the pieces of wrap had the Starbucks logo on it -- Jack, the crazy dog, grabbed a pound of Starbucks French Roast coffee off the kitchen table, dragged it into the livingroom, and mauled and spread the coffee grinds all over the room!! :devilish: Ugh! There went $9.00 down the drain . . . :banghead:

sorry about the coffee loss but that is kind of funny. Speaking of Starbucks have you tried their holiday blend? It is very tasty and I don’t normally care for their blends. I got a bag at Target.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
sorry about the coffee loss but that is kind of funny. Speaking of Starbucks have you tried their holiday blend? It is very tasty and I don’t normally care for their blends. I got a bag at Target.

No, haven't tried it, but if it goes on sale, I will. Normally, I just drink the darkest roasts I can find, usually French or Italian roasts only. Hubs says I drink "battery acid". :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

On the bright side, it was all going to go down the drain eventually anyway. He just quickened the process. A more direct route, so to speak. And seriously, after all these years you still leave things that he might interpret as food out on the table. I think we all know who's to blame here. ;)

Tony the Tigger

I'm sorry, I know it's your traditions and that is great, however, this conversation has made me very happy that I am not Italian. I can handle one type of seafood occasionally, but 7 at the same meal. Nope, I would be busy that day.
It’s not as big a deal as you might think - some fried stuff, some in the pasta sauce. Many are just something to pick on like fried shrimp, fried scallops, fried calamari - there ya go, 3 already. Then usually a fried white fish (flounder, etc.) But the mains are the gravies (tomato sauces) one with lobster (pictured above, and one of my favorite dishes in the world that you can’t find anywhere) and one with calamari (which I actually never ate as a kid.)

Then some mussels (that’s easy) and dealer’s choice on the last one, I guess!

Goofyernmost

It’s not as big a deal as you might think - some fried stuff, some in the pasta sauce. Many are just something to pick on like fried shrimp, fried scallops, fried calamari - there ya go, 3 already. Then usually a fried white fish (flounder, etc.) But the mains are the gravies (tomato sauces) one with lobster (pictured above, and one of my favorite dishes in the world that you can’t find anywhere) and one with calamari (which I actually never ate as a kid.)

I hate calamari along with mussels. I do like the rest but as individual meals not all at one time.

Figgy1

Premium Member

That will teach you to pay retail and btw please feed Jack;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
You can always try this:

View attachment 516339
Best with rock lobster tails (which I can’t even find down here.)

It’s the only thing better than pork!
:inlove::inlove::inlove: I have a recipe for that but haven't made it in a while. I'm not springing for lobster for drive by relatives and this year I'm not springing for lobster for those that eat like snakes. Unhinge jaws insert food swallow:rolleyes::cautious::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member

Calamari is always one of the fried, already have it in my freezer along with the shrimp;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom