The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
If shenanigans include a chilly 22 degree morning walk followed by cinnamon rolls, bacon, and coffee then I have participated!🙂🙃
Mine included finding out the bowl for my food processor can't be replaced anywhere for any price for the gazillionth time over the past year or 2. That's about an hour of my life I'll never get back:banghead: The handle has been duck taped so many times that I can't count how many and at this point I'm certain it's completely shot. The guys have several ideas for what they can do with the motor (send wine thnx) The unit is pre kiddos so I shouldn't be as upset as I am but I am:cry::cry::cry: I have a cheapie back up and it "works" but is limited and smaller than is required in my kitchen. At least the outer shell and some parts can be recycled Sorry for the rant

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Mine included finding out the bowl for my food processor can't be replaced anywhere for any price for the gazillionth time over the past year or 2. That's about an hour of my life I'll never get back:banghead: The handle has been duck taped so many times that I can't count how many and at this point I'm certain it's completely shot. The guys have several ideas for what they can do with the motor (send wine thnx) The unit is pre kiddos so I shouldn't be as upset as I am but I am:cry::cry::cry: I have a cheapie back up and it "works" but is limited and smaller than is required in my kitchen. At least the outer shell and some parts can be recycled Sorry for the rant

bummer, when some things break that we love using it can be rough. Wine is on the way!

Figgy1

Premium Member
bummer, when some things break that we love using it can be rough. Wine is on the way!
I got more than got my money's worth out of it over the years. Just making baby food and using it for holidays probably had it paying for itself. It's replacement :cry: :cry: :cry: should be here soon and that's where some of the rest of my morning went. The how manyeth replacement model for the one I had doesn't have good reviews so I had to go searching.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I more than got my money's worth out of it over the years. Just making baby food and using it for holidays probably had it paying for itself. It's replacement :cry: :cry: :cry: should be here soon and that's where some of the rest of my morning went. The how manyeth replacement model for the one I had doesn't have good reviews so I had to go searching.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I despise when that happens. I had a vacuum I loved years ago, and when it went kaput, I was never able to find one that did as good a job for anywhere near the same price. I'm dreading when my Kenmore dishwasher kicks the bucket...it's been good to us for more than 20 years and it's HUGE.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I despise when that happens. I had a vacuum I loved years ago, and when it went kaput, I was never able to find one that did as good a job for anywhere near the same price. I'm dreading when my Kenmore dishwasher kicks the bucket...it's been good to us for more than 20 years and it's HUGE.
I have a Bosch dishwasher, so far it's been good to us multiple loads many days a week. It's also super energy efficient

donaldtoo

I was thinking about doing that. My dh has a 4 day weekend so of course he wanted to BBQ and the boys wanted a traditional turkey in addition to that as always. I guess it would be different if I was feeding 2 instead of 20;)

Yep, Thanksgiving will be very low-key for both mine and DWifeys large families this year.
DWifeys usual Thanksgiving/family reunion (200+) was cancelled months ago.
My family is going to do shift celebrations outside at my folks temp digs (the fire rebuild is finally movin’ along at great speed now, and lookin’ good...!!! :)) ‘cause of the recent spikes.
Hopefully, our folks are moved back into Family Central before Christmas...!!!!! :inlove::happy:

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

The like is for having a 20 year old dishwasher
RIGHT?!? It was the biggest portable dishwasher Kenmore made at the time. When we bought our house in 2000 (which came with a dishwasher from the 70s), it was our backup for when we had company for a big dinner. It replaced the one that came with the house around 10 years ago. They don't make stuff that lasts like that anymore.

Songbird76

I've never heard of having pasta for Thanksgiving either, just not what our menu was traditionally for us. I'm not against it though, if there was some mac and cheese or baked ziti at Thanksgiving I would put a scoop on my plate. As a family we always (and still do) have a wild rice side dish for Thanksgiving but Brad thought it was weird at first but in our area wild rice is a fairly common thing because wild rice was commonly grown in our the area.
Oh, I'm not against it. I've just never heard of it. And I love mac n' cheese, so you wouldn't have to twist my arm too hard to get me to indulge. But man, it's already such a carbo loading holiday for us with the stuffing and the potatoes and the rolls.

StarWarsGirl

Oh, I'm not against it. I've just never heard of it. And I love mac n' cheese, so you wouldn't have to twist my arm too hard to get me to indulge. But man, it's already such a carbo loading holiday for us with the stuffing and the potatoes and the rolls.
I'd love to add mac and cheese

Specifically Kraft. No others.

Since I eat Turkey and cranberry sauce and that's it.

StarWarsGirl

My mom and I went bike riding today. Since the only working bike is still mine, Mom had to rent a bike.

Anyway, the place where we get the bikes is basically this mini farm. I'm not kidding, there's goats, chickens, I think a cow... it's kind of random. Anyway...

There was a cat wandering around outside. Long-haired tortie. Really pretty. Mom called the cat. The cat came walking up, tail up, like she was going to come up to Mom. The cat walked past Mom and came up to me. I hadn't even called. 😂 So I got to pet a strange cat today. Good day.

StarWarsGirl

My boys will have a couple of bites of turkey if I push them. Other than that, it's all mashed potatoes and carrots for them.
I only eat "fake" mashed potatoes. Specifically Hungry Jack. I don't really care for the texture.

I ate actual mashed potatoes at WDW at Brown Derby over the summer. Everyone was shocked. I was just really, really hungry. But they had roasted potatoes, which I preferred.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom