News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

truecoat

Mr Toad’s Moral Evaluation =MTME
Peter Pan’s Desire to Stay Young =PPDTSY
Alice’s Frustration with the Residents of Wonderland =AFWTROW
Pinocchio’s Aspiration to Become a Real Boy =PATBARB
Winnie the Pooh’s Attempts to Retreive Honey from the Tree =WTPATRHFTT
Ariel’s Craving to Become Human Instead of a Mermaid =ACTBHIOAM
it’s a small world - A Metaphorical Expression Meant to Illustrate That we Have More Similarities Than Differences =IASW:AMEMTITWHMSTD

I think I have PPDTSY now.

mickEblu

Mr Toad’s Moral Evaluation
Peter Pan’s Desire to Stay Young
Alice’s Frustration with the Residents of Wonderland
Pinocchio’s Aspiration to Become a Real Boy
Winnie the Pooh’s Attempts to Retreive Honey from the Tree
Ariel’s Craving to Become Human Instead of a Mermaid
it’s a small world - A Metaphorical Expression Meant to Illustrate That we Have More Similarities Than Differences

And as bad as these are “Enchanted Wish” is worse. At least these make sense.

SuddenStorm

Am I the only one that doesn't hate the name? As long as the facade is tastefully done (and doesn't resemble the new castle look) and the new show scenes are reminiscent of old school dark rides with some modern lighting/effect updates I'll be happy.

Every person that's ridden the ride since 83 has walked off going "what the heck was that ending". It was hardly the pinnacle of Fantasylands dark rides- and is the only one wdi might actually be able to improve.

mickEblu

Am I the only one that doesn't hate the name? As long as the facade is tastefully done (and doesn't resemble the new castle look) and the new show scenes are reminiscent of old school dark rides with some modern lighting/effect updates I'll be happy.

Every person that's ridden the ride since 83 has walked off going "what the heck was that ending". It was hardly the pinnacle of Fantasylands dark rides- and is the only one wdi might actually be able to improve.

One of the rare times I disagree with you haha. I hate the name. Not only because it doesn’t make sense (don’t understand how a wish in and of itself is enchanted) but it also just doesn’t work as an attraction name. So it’s Snow Whites wish: the ride? Anyway, I’m positive I’ll like the actual ride more than the name. Snow White was never a must do for me. The exterior being Princess-ified has always been the biggest loss for me. I’ll reserve judgment until I ride but I hope we didn’t lose a ride that did one thing really well for a condensed book report ride. Based on Disney’s recent work, I don’t have high hopes. Sucks to lose the final cliff scene too.

Then when you also look at this from a resort perspective it’s one more ride moved over from the weird/ scary/ macabre column to the Princess or irreverent column. Haunted Mansion for 8 months a year is pretty much all that’s left now that Snow is enchanted and TOT is gone. Then soon we may also have Splash moved into the Princess column too ☹️

Last edited:

180º

I don’t hate the name! Maybe you have me on ignore 😳

I’m hopeful for the refurb but a little wary only because adding the promising new scenes means losing some old scenes that I liked, and probably some mood. I’m predicting four steps forward and three steps back.

SuddenStorm

I don’t hate the name! Maybe you have me on ignore 😳

I’m hopeful for the refurb but a little wary only because adding the promising new scenes means losing some old scenes that I liked, and probably some mood. I’m predicting four steps forward and three steps back.

My friend, don't worry- you're not on ignore. I simply missed your post where you say it isn't that bad of a name.

SuddenStorm

One of the rare times I disagree with you haha. I hate the name. Not only because it doesn’t make sense (don’t understand how a wish in and of itself is enchanted) but it also just doesn’t work as an attraction name. So it’s Snow Whites wish: the ride? Anyway, I’m positive I’ll like the actual ride more than the name. Snow White was never a must do for me. The exterior being Princess-ified has always been the biggest loss for me. I’ll reserve judgment until I ride but I hope we didn’t lose a ride that did one thing really well for a condensed book report ride. Based on Disney’s recent work, I don’t have high hopes. Sucks to lose the final cliff scene too.

Then when you also look at this from a resort perspective it’s one more ride moved over from the weird/ scary/ macabre column to the Princess or irreverent column. Haunted Mansion for 8 months a year is pretty much all that’s left now that Snow is enchanted and TOT is gone. Then soon we may also have Splash moved into the Princess column too ☹️

It feels weird not being in sync on this one my man, though I also think I'm just sorta numb when it comes to creative decisions at Disneyland at the moment- both due to Splash, and the closures. I certainly don't care like I did back in January.

The fact a Snow White ride remains in any form, as opposed to getting replaced with a Tangled ride or something, is a win in and of itself.

mickEblu

It feels weird not being in sync on this one my man, though I also think I'm just sorta numb when it comes to creative decisions at Disneyland at the moment- both due to Splash, and the closures. I certainly don't care like I did back in January.

The fact a Snow White ride remains in any form, as opposed to getting replaced with a Tangled ride or something, is a win in and of itself.

Lol @ it feels weird not to be in sync. Such a 2020 thing.

swge

If it's all just speculation, then how can it be taken seriously?
Anything that has not been directly confirmed by Disney should be taken as a rumor. Including everything I say.

So, the rumor is that right after the cauldron scene, it goes straight to a happy forest scene? And that's the last we see of the Queen/Witch in the ride?
***rumor*** has it that this is not what happens.

They HAVE to be. It’s purposely pointless.
The new attraction name is pointless? One of the movies most notable scenes is her making wishes at her wishing well longing for her her prince..."I'm wishing, for the one I love, to find me today".. and in the new refurb, her wish finally comes true with her having a happy ending w Ferdinand... So the ride is now supposedly called "Snow White's Enchanted Wish" bc thats the premise of the ride.. for her wish to finally come true in the dl version of the attraction.

Love it or hate it, the rumored name makes sense and fits the Snow White theme perfectly.. It's short, simple, references the movie, and is inviting.. plus families with little children can now be inspired to continue their story across the way at Snow's wishing well by the castle... it's kind of perfect to me.. not perfect for me.. but to me.. because this refurb was mainly for children to have a more enjoyable experience... sometimes we forget that.

some of you take this all far too seriously
Agreed ♥️

Brer Oswald

So let’s go over what the Snow White Ride is going to be. Maybe you’ll see her at the beginning making a wish at the fountain? Then it’ll go through the forest, the Dwarfs cottage, the Queen’s Castle (maybe not in that order, but the bulk of the ride will be in these areas). And then Snow White will be kissed and have her happily ever after.

How much of that has to do with her “Enchanted” Wish? The first and the last scenes. The Queen, The Dwarfs, And the forest don’t have any part of that wish. The ride name doesn’t make any sense, and that’s why it’s pointless.

Peter Pan’s Flight - You fly through the attraction

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride - A Wild car ride through London

Pinocchio’s Daring Journey - An intense journey through many perils.

Alice in Wonderland - It’s Alice, in Wonderland.

Snow White’s (Scary) Adventures - It was an adventure all right. And it still probably is.

lazyboy97o

Why does it mean fans are “taking this too seriously” if they don’t like something like a name change?
It's always amazing how dismissing the work is so often used as a defense. If it doesn't matter, why change it? Why put in the effort to change it? These things are not just done on a whim or slayed together by someone. Time, money and effort go into them, so they are something that is taken seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom