Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DreamfinderGuy

I thought about this for a while, and I do feel like they'll end up sticking with the Imagination theme for V4 whenever that may be, and I say that because every FutureWorld Pavilion that's been shuttered has retained the same general theme.
Horizons, Wonders, Innoventions, and (soon to be) Spaceship Earth would like a word with you. Energy too because Cosmic Rewind is not energy focused, it uses something energy related as an element (as far as we know).

Basically a pavilion keeps it’s theme if it keeps it’s sponsor. Imagination does not have a sponsor. It keeps it’s theme if there’s demand, which we’ve proven there’s plenty of.

Edit: Space, Seas, and The Land have all been sponsorless for years and have kept their themes through refurbishments. Didn't cross my mind at the time I posted this lol

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

Basically a pavilion keeps it’s theme if it keeps it’s sponsor.
Yes, this is something that also crossed my mind while thinking about this. The reason some of these themes stuck around was because of sponsors wanting something “fresh and exciting”. This situation especially applies to Test Track. On a side note, I completely forgot about Wonders while writing that post for some odd reason. Now that’s a whole departure from its original theme to Play!

TwilightZone

Yes, this is something that also crossed my mind while thinking about this. The reason some of these themes stuck around was because of sponsors wanting something “fresh and exciting”. This situation especially applies to Test Track. On a side note, I completely forgot about Wonders while writing that post for some odd reason. Now that’s a whole departure from its original theme to Play!
If you really stretch it, playing is a healthy activity for one to do. So kindaaaa fits.

Homemade Imagineering

22 years now.

This pavilion has been a complete mess for 22 years. What an absolute disaster.

I'm praying that I won't be saying 32 years in 2030.
So depressing. At this point it feels like nothing will ever happen to the pavilion. I’m still crossing my fingers for 2025, but I feel like that’s not even possible at this point because CapEx is down the drain, and recovery will be a long and painful process. On a side note, does anyone know whether Figment will have speaking roles in the play pavilion, since that One Day at Disney short revealed that VR project for the pavilion? If so, will Goelz reprise his role?

FigmentFan82

anybody here know Brad Bird. If so can you please pass this on to him. kthanxbai
1603216058719.png

Homemade Imagineering

Combined reprint of Marvel's Figment 1 and 2 is coming in February.
Disney really should adapt the comics for a Disney plus animated series, especially because there are so many niche audiences you can appeal to with their new marketing approach of a larger focus towards Disney plus content. Also, it would make it easier for Dreamfinder to return in V4, since the execs wouldn’t feel as hesitant to greenlight something that’s tied to an IP.

DoleWhipDrea

Disney really should adapt the comics for a Disney plus animated series, especially because there are so many niche audiences you can appeal to with their new marketing approach of a larger focus towards Disney plus content. Also, it would make it easier for Dreamfinder to return in V4, since the execs wouldn’t feel as hesitant to greenlight something that’s tied to an IP.
This. And it would drastically expand these characters’ audience. And since people are hungry for new content (and would feature a cute purple dragon), people would eat it up!

I’d love it if the Muppets team could make a cool puppet of Figment to animate for the show.

brb1006

This. And it would drastically expand these characters’ audience. And since people are hungry for new content (and would feature a cute purple dragon), people would eat it up!

I’d love it if the Muppets team could make a cool puppet of Figment to animate for the show.

Are you lessening Disney! This is the type of content I'm hoping to see on Disney+ in the future.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Ron shared this on Facebook today:
Before anyone asks, this specific set will never happen as a Lego Ideas project sadly.
50273721932_022634088a_o.png

FigmentFan82

Ron shared this on Facebook today:
Before anyone asks, this specific set will never happen as a Lego Ideas project sadly.
50273721932_022634088a_o.png
*cries in royal purple pigment

Inspired Figment

Who had that Drew Taylor connect?? Get that info passed on to Brad Bird about a Figment movie/show/cereal/action-figure/anything!!!!!
Hate to correct some folks here.. but it was actually Pete Docter that made the Figment comment at that WDI meeting. Ron mistook it for Brad Bird in the recent live stream he did with Lou Mongello. Regardless though, I’m sure Brad Bird would be open to stuff being made with Figment. Though personally I feel like the ride should be corrected first before anything else is made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom