Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

I have.

For the record. Leaders around the world are having to make tough decisions because people are dying by the thousands every day. They are trying to save lives. Sorry that is such an inconvenience to you.
Why so hostile? I'm glad you have faith in world leaders somebody needs too.

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

Sorry if this has been discussed in the 2123 pages, but has there been any recent exposures at WDW?
Based on community spread in the area, it would be almost statistically impossible that nobody who was Covid positive visited WDW so yes, there has been recent exposure.
Officially? No.

Likely to have happened? Yes
Likely to be coming? Yes

Just too much traffic across the swamp to control it forever when your civic leaders aren’t willing to do it.
I suggest that the question is not whether there have been any cases emanating from WDW. After all, there are documented cases originating from locations where even the strictest precautions are observed.

Instead, the question is whether WDW is more or less safe than elsewhere?

When you consider the number of cases reported at other densely populated areas, I respectfully suggest that, so far, WDW has done well.

WDW's theme parks and hotels are private property with essentially no native residents, allowing Disney to enforce strict rules.

You don't like wearing masks, temperature checks, or social distancing? Disney can ban you.

We have thousands of travelers from around the country intermingling at WDW every day. Despite this, we have had no reports of major outbreaks (knock on wood) after more than 3 months of operation.

To date, WDW is the proving ground that mask wearing, temperature checks, social distancing, capacity limits, and regular disinfecting reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Last edited:

Miss Bella

The US has some of the best vacation cities in the world. I love Vegas and I love Orlando outside the parks.

My biggest thing with this whole thing is the complaining about restrictions in place. Why it bothers me so much is that here in Canada very few complain about it. They live with it and move on. The US its become a political and freedom thing.
It's social media everyone complains and everyone has an opinion. I find in real life people pretty much keep their mouths shut and go about their business.

oceanbreeze77

We shopped this weekend as if we weren't going out for awhile. Part of that was from the snowstorm that arrived last night, but part of it is getting back into the mindset that if everyone else is going to be so casual about their role in public health, our best option is to stay home.
Doin that over here too. Stocked up on everything I may need for a while. It kind of feels like those 2 weeks in march where everyone was like 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Better to prepare.

TrainsOfDisney

Restaurants around me, especially those who cater to a younger demographic are quite busy now and filling to the reduced capacity and having waits on the weekend.

I say it should be up to the business to choose to be open and customers to choose if they want to go there.

We know who is most vulnerable and they need to take responsibility to protect themselves. Younger residents of multi generational households need to take it upon themselves to protect the elders.

I did and that’s why I said it
The post I quoted (quoted again above) was talking about restaurants open and filled to a reduced capacity. Are there any restaurants still closed 100% in the usa? Maybe nyc? I’m not sure. The ones around me have had full parking lots since mother’s day. Ha.

DVCakaCarlF

The post I quoted (quoted again above) was talking about restaurants open and filled to a reduced capacity. Are there any restaurants still closed 100% in the usa? Maybe nyc? I’m not sure. The ones around me have had full parking lots since mother’s day. Ha.
Roy Cooper in NC

Miss Bella

Restaurants around me, especially those who cater to a younger demographic are quite busy now and filling to the reduced capacity and having waits on the weekend.

I say it should be up to the business to choose to be open and customers to choose if they want to go there.

We know who is most vulnerable and they need to take responsibility to protect themselves. Younger residents of multi generational households need to take it upon themselves to protect the elders.
Riverside county in California closed indoor dining again. It's open, close, open, close depending on the positivity rate. Most of the restaurants do not have outdoor dining because it's too hot 6 months out of the year.

JoeCamel

Salt Lake City hospitals are warning about rationing ICU care. And a large concern is not having enough nurses and doctors. This article also explains why seeing things like "only 75% ICU beds are occupied" is misleading on how many spaces are actually remaining, and how opening a field hospital can only help so much.

We shopped this weekend as if we weren't going out for awhile. Part of that was from the snowstorm that arrived last night, but part of it is getting back into the mindset that if everyone else is going to be so casual about their role in public health, our best option is to stay home.
I was there weekend before last. Mask and distance was very spotty, I hope people wise up. With the smog that settles in the valley in winter and the constant smoke from the fires SLC is in for a very rough winter. My best friend and his wife who is my second best friend in this life live there, we all are in the high risk group and I am concerned for them.

Jrb1979

It's social media everyone complains and everyone has an opinion. I find in real life people pretty much keep their mouths shut and go about their business.
Yes but you could add posts here don't help either. If everyone would just go about their business things would be better. Instead we get complaining about mask effectiveness and lockdowns. Things are passed that so let's all just move on.

Miss Bella

Yes but you could add posts here don't help either. If everyone would just go about their business things would be better. Instead we get complaining about mask effectiveness and lockdowns. Things are passed that so let's all just move on.
Millions if not billions of people post on social media there is never going to be a consensus. The dozen or so people on this thread certainly aren't going to make a difference.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I suggest that the question is not whether there have been any cases emanating from WDW. After all, there are documented cases originating from locations where even the strictest precautions are observed.

When you consider the number of cases reported at other densely populated areas, I respectfully suggest that, so far, WDW has done well.

WDW's theme parks and hotels are private property with essentially no native residents, allowing Disney to enforce strict rules.

You don't like wearing masks, temperature checks, or social distancing? Disney can ban you.

We have thousands of travelers from around the country intermingling at WDW every day. Despite this, we have had no reports of major outbreaks (knock wood) after more than 3 months of operation.

To date, WDW is the proving ground that mask wearing, temperature checks, social distancing, and regular disinfecting reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Yes, for sure true. I think Disney has done a miraculous job at their parks given the overall environment in the country. If you go way back to Apr/May I was one of the people in this thread who didn’t think Disney had the stones to require masks and distancing and actually enforce the rules. I actually thought they might keep the parks closed until that stuff wasn’t needed. They have proven me completely wrong on that issue and I’m really happy they did.

To the point of the other post, he did ask if there were any exposures which I think the answer has to be yes, but that doesn’t mean mass outbreaks or superspreader type events, just normal exposure with good precautions in place.

DisneyDebRob

You have seen some restaurants open with outdoor seating that do not have bar seating.
I just came back from a outer banks vacation fir a week. Every restaurant was open along with every bar in those restaurants. There was also a lot of outdoor dining for places that had room to set up but it was so open inside that after seeing the bars, in the restaurants, I left before being seated. 20-30 people basically sitting on top of each other at the bars. Bit to much for me. We ate in 3 restaurants during the week, take out the rest of the time.

NelsonRD

We have thousands of travelers from around the country intermingling at WDW every day. Despite this, we have had no reports of major outbreaks (knock wood) after more than 3 months of operation.

To date, WDW is the proving ground that mask wearing, temperature checks, social distancing, and regular disinfecting reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Which makes sense considering the guidance is now: (Opposed to shutting down)
- Wear a mask
- Keep Distance
- Wash Hands
- Protect those vulnerable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom