The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Dad: "You order so much stuff you don't need online."
Also Dad:
View attachment 507727

This is just the lastest thing to come. He also got a new Ravens jacket, an official sideline facemask, and other stuff that I can't remember.
And I can relate. I watch my Mom blow through money. Big money Things she doesn’t even want or need cause she can. My Dad was a good Provider and likely flipping in the Wall.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
RANT --

So I saw on the news last night, that freaking AppleTV BOUGHT the rights to show 3 classic movies-- Charlie Brown Halloween, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Charlie Brown Christmas.

For FIFTY-FIVE YEARS, those movies have shown on regular network TV (no cable, satellite, Roku or other gadgets needed), so that ALL people could enjoy watching these entertaining classics. So now, the only way to see those 3 movies is to get a Roku or whatever other thing, or subscribe to AppleTV service, to see them! :jawdrop: Are you kidding me??!!

Now, as a "gesture" AppleTV is allowing a "select"(?) number of the presentation times to be viewed for free, without actually subscribing -- BUT, it still means that you'd have to buy a Roku stick or other way to access AppleTV.

This absolutely sucks and is very unfair to people, especially NOW with the pandemic -- with so many out of work. Many people are in food lines, for heaven's sake. I'm just beside myself over this. (It's not that I, personally, couldn't buy a DVD of the movies on my own, but I'm mad about the principle of this mess. If individuals and/or families ever needed uplifting TV movies during 2020, it's now, and should be accessed free and easily -- as done in the past 55 years!!) :banghead:

Apple TV is is own device. I know it works on other devices, but works best on an Apple TV. For whatever is worth, most new TVs are "smart tvs" now so they are their own streaming device.

I've never seen any of those movies but I know they're special to a lot of people

Cesar R M

Print it and bring with you. They can give you a temporary card at any restaurant. Know I have never been turned away as a select member walk a up. It is a nation wide
Policy when a facility does not take
Online reservations on THEIR website reservations system they honor next available table. There was a 2 hour wait at Rainforest up here standby. I was seated in 10 minutes on Mother’s Day 2019.
Thanks! will do this!

ImperfectPixie

THX it's done and lists are made:joyfull:
I couldn't function without my lists...

My "to do" list is ongoing, on a letter-sized pad of lined paper. As the day goes on, I scratch things off and add new things. At the beginning of each day, I tear off the old list and start a new one, prioritizing anything not done from the previous day. No "job" is too small or too large for the list...larger jobs, I just break down into steps.

I use this both at work and at home.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
RANT --

So I saw on the news last night, that freaking AppleTV BOUGHT the rights to show 3 classic movies-- Charlie Brown Halloween, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Charlie Brown Christmas.

For FIFTY-FIVE YEARS, those movies have shown on regular network TV (no cable, satellite, Roku or other gadgets needed), so that ALL people could enjoy watching these entertaining classics. So now, the only way to see those 3 movies is to get a Roku or whatever other thing, or subscribe to AppleTV service, to see them! :jawdrop: Are you kidding me??!!

Now, as a "gesture" AppleTV is allowing a "select"(?) number of the presentation times to be viewed for free, without actually subscribing -- BUT, it still means that you'd have to buy a Roku stick or other way to access AppleTV.

This absolutely sucks and is very unfair to people, especially NOW with the pandemic -- with so many out of work. Many people are in food lines, for heaven's sake. I'm just beside myself over this. (It's not that I, personally, couldn't buy a DVD of the movies on my own, but I'm mad about the principle of this mess. If individuals and/or families ever needed uplifting TV movies during 2020, it's now, and should be accessed free and easily -- as done in the past 55 years!!) :banghead:
I am sorry. I remember back in the 80’s my Dad has the same rant about Cable TV when analog was free. It isn’t specific to Holiday specials on Apple. If you have cable you need to have a bundle to see many of Hallmark Holiday specials as example. Also you need to be careful which Cable Co you sign with now to receive the Sports you want. It isn’t just streaming services. As you can tell I subscribe to a few to cover my bases of my interests. Amazons streaming is free with my Prime Membership. Netflix is under $5 with my DD student ID. We do not have Cable anymore. And all of our steams are far less expensive than Cable was.

This is my Apple TV unit. I also have a Roku.

02E217C6-DB6C-4356-8F2E-CD3FF87951D9.jpeg
This Smart TV is only a couple months old and had the ability to upload the Apple Icon to the preset ones.
724AA9CB-D4D7-4A72-93A8-D261EEC7C664.jpeg

Goofyernmost

I couldn't function without my lists...

My "to do" list is ongoing, on a letter-sized pad of lined paper. As the day goes on, I scratch things off and add new things. At the beginning of each day, I tear off the old list and start a new one, prioritizing anything not done from the previous day. No "job" is too small or too large for the list...larger jobs, I just break down into steps.

I use this both at work and at home.
Me either... I need a list.

1. wake up (hopefully)
2. get up
3. have breakfast
4. shower
5. spend time on the computer
6. have lunch
7. fall asleep on the couch while watching random things on TV
8. more time on the computer
9. have dinner
10. more computer and You Tube for the evening
11. go to bed, hope for a tomorrow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom