Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark52479

I wonder if its bad
It has to do with this why no numbers today.

It seems like a big dump of deaths for Palm Beach County.

DMMDMM

Here this is a great Covid website. Very accurate. https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/d2726d6c01c4486181fec2d4373b01fa

I have been to Epcot 3 times since it opened. It is safe, people wear the freaking masks and if you don't, some random Disney cast member tells you to put it on. You get temp checks at the front gates.

You have to be comfortable with the decision you make. If a number on a chart is going to prevent you from going to the parks, then stay home.

If you look at the charts in the website attached the numbers have NOT been increasing, they have been steady for a few months now. But don't take my word, or a websites word, or some random poster here in these 2100 pages. If you feel it is not safe stay home. If you feel comfortable then join me for a Dole Whip watching people get soaked by the camels.
I follow that site which is linked to the official Florida state government site. See link below. As well as John Hopkins and Bing and worldometers. website.https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

If you notice, the Florida site has not been updated for today still has 760,389 which is yesterday’s numbers.. The site was down about an hour this afternoon and came back with yesterday’s numbers. The numbers in Florida have been creeping up for 3 weeks day over day, meaning compare Monday to last Monday and the Monday before. Tuesday to last Tuesday to the Tuesday before. For example October 5,12,19 Write the numbers down and you will see what I mean. Same across all sites. So they are Increasing. So for me I am more concerned about the long term creep or perhaps surge that not reporting the numbers will leave the public in the dark. I am very aware of how well Disney enforces mask wearing, I follow numerous blogs that have lots of pictures and comments. The news is reporting that Governor DeSantis is considering no longer releasing coronavirus numbers to the public. Since all restrictions have pretty much been lifted in Florida those number will continue to climb. Louisiana, Kansas and New Mexico have totally stopped reporting numbers. Is that Florida’s strategy as well? I do have preexisting conditions that make me more nervous than the average DisneyWorld fan but I am an avid fan that has been to Disney at least 50 times. Still willing to visit because Disney is so strict and Florida had been relatively transparent until now. But I am hopeful that deSantis will reverse course on letting the public know.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 105 new reported deaths.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 5.14.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 5.14.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 5.14.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 5.15.41 PM.png

rowrbazzle

School spread is happening. The school tracing hasn't been widespread so the false idea of schools being safe is being pushed.

1. I didn't say it wasn't. I said I wanted to see more evidence of it in Boston, which was the focus of the article.
2. Regarding Michigan, the article states there are 435 cases in the entire state. It also states, "Most K-12 outbreaks involve fewer than 10 cases." The standard for an outbreak is (generally) 2 or more cases. At that threshold, I'm not surprised to see so many "outbreaks."
3. It's not a false idea. Every situation is different. There are plenty of places where schools are opened and not seeing "high" levels of cases and/or transmission. Take a look at NYC or the Covid School Response Dashboard or an article by the Brown professor behind it, where she observes that rates in schools appear to be lower than in their respective communities. I also thought this was an informative article from NPR.
4. Staff infections appear to be a bigger concern than student infections so it's obviously not without risk.
5. Universities are a whole other matter.

Last edited:

Mark52479

Going through today's numbers county by county.

Unusually low testing numbers in all counties for a Monday.

Looking back at previous monday's for the last couple of months, yesterday was the lowest amount of test for a monday in months.

So either people just arent being tested anymore or something else up. The fact they released the numbers so late today I think there is more to this then they telling us.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Going through today's numbers county by county.

Unusually low testing numbers in all counties for a Monday.

Looking back at previous monday's for the last couple of months, yesterday was the lowest amount of test for a monday in months.

So either people just arent being tested anymore or something else up. The fact they released the numbers so late today I think there is more to this then they telling us.
Strange development. Maybe some data hasn’t been submitted or something. If so then we should see a make up tomorrow with much higher testing. That has happened a few times already.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
It could go back down, couldn’t it? Or is this an upward trend that will continue? Forgive me, I don’t know a thing about statistical analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom