News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Phicinfan

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m not sure what that means lol. I’m definitely mixing something up though! It was in connection with tron and space mountain but not sure which coast.

There was plenty of non-insider speculation that Space would go down for a refurb once Tron was opened. But the last plan that I can recall to actually "fix" Space Mountain in Florida was 2006, before the budget was cut and we got what we got, instead of the originally-planned full-blown refurb.

Todd Sawicki

Ratatouille is in ride testing and it will open, Guardians will be the same as Tron they will button things up keep the inside protected and complete when they can.
Reports I've read said Ratatouille was suffering from the same fate as your saying will befall Tron/Guardians - outside finished but work ceasing on the interior until mid-2021 - psyched if it is in testing but wondering which reports are correct? Thx!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Reports I've read said Ratatouille was suffering from the same fate as your saying will befall Tron/Guardians - outside finished but work ceasing on the interior until mid-2021 - psyched if it is in testing but wondering which reports are correct? Thx!
The reports are wrong. Rat is testing. Should be nearly done by now if not completed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It'd be spikes or waves if for the majority of places the numbers actually went down to minimal after the first wave/spike. But for the US as a whole and many states, after the first (or second) 'wave/spike,' the numbers plateaued at an unsafe level. It goes up, but never gets fully down.

So, I don't know what to call it... waves of a rising tide? Tilted sine wave? Pile of camel humps?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If those reports were some popular Disney blogs... they got that info here. ;)

Brer Oswald

It'd be spikes or waves if for the majority of places the numbers actually went down to minimal after the first wave/spike. But for the US as a whole and many states, after the first (or second) 'wave/spike,' the numbers plateaued at an unsafe level. It goes up, but never gets fully down.

So, I don't know what to call it... waves of a rising tide? Tilted sine wave? Pile of camel humps?
I’d call it “Under the Sea”.

JoeCamel

I find irony in classifying these as “waves”. It’s rather consistent. “Spikes” are the more appropriate term.

I agree with that

Please leave "Spikes" far far away from this.

He's caused enough trouble

nickys

Premium Member
Oh I believe it - just trying to reconcile the various comments - my wife is *dying* for Ratatouille to open.
Although testing is well underway, that doesn’t mean they will open it. Money is on them not opening it until next year:

There are two factions kind of fighting on Rat’s opening. Burbank wants 2021 (probably Spring), while TDO (and especially Epcot leadership) wants it in time for the holiday season.

The local thought being that Epcot could use a draw to pull people to it from the other parks (3 day vacationers seem to leave off Epcot More than any other park), and give it a bit of extra capacity.

Corporate sees holding Rat and promoting the crud out of it next year will drive attendance to the resort as a whole the most when held until 2021 when more restrictions are (hopefully) lifted.

Early next year is favoured. As it stands it can’t open until around mid December and consensus is save it until late winter / early spring. So no, there is no date. Just a probable window.

I hope it doesn’t have anything to do with ride vehicle path sensor pucks in the ground or wifi interference...

I don’t believe so. Any more.

The reports are wrong. Rat is testing. Should be nearly done by now if not completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom