The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ImperfectPixie

So, earlier today we went to the airport...nope, not what y’all might think...like her ol’ Pappy here, Emmy LOVES airplanes...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
We started off with some great pizza at the east side viewing area, and then drove over to the west side by an old cemetery where there was more action because of the wind direction. Over there, we could hear the planes taking off, but, not see them, but, the landings were great...!!! :)
At one point, a T-38 came outta’ nowhere and did a coupla’ touch and goes...just weird, but, very cool...our current airport used to be an Air Force base...!!! :cyclops::)

View attachment 506739View attachment 506740View attachment 506741View attachment 506742View attachment 506744View attachment 506745View attachment 506746View attachment 506747View attachment 506748View attachment 506750
So fun! We have a small airport near our house...when my oldest was 6 months old, I was called and asked to deliver some lettering for the tail of a helicopter and took full advantage of the fact that I had my son with me...

Connor_Helicopter_2.jpg

Connor_Helicopter.jpg

Both he (he's 14 now! :eek:) and his younger brother love watching all the small planes fly over our house all summer - you can always tell the relatively newer pilots to the pros by how low they fly, and we've learned to tell the difference between some of the helicopters by the way they sound as they fly over.

StarWarsGirl

Yesterday I cleaned the top of the refrigerator (Yuk) and the cupboards up there too. Today I vacuumed. It's not amazing, but hey..... I cleaned stuff!
I very rarely have to vacuum except for the car. My dad and brother are vacuuming nuts; they love doing it. B keeps our bathroom vacuumed, and usually he vacuums my room for me as long as the floor is clean. If it needs a thorough vacuuming, I do it. But other than that...

I'm kind of tempted to ask my dad to vacuum the car for me and buy him a pizza in return because he does a better job and I feel like I miss the same spots all the time.

donaldtoo

So fun! We have a small airport near our house...when my oldest was 6 months old, I was called and asked to deliver some lettering for the tail of a helicopter and took full advantage of the fact that I had my son with me...

View attachment 506755

View attachment 506754

Both he (he's 14 now! :eek:) and his younger brother love watching all the small planes fly over our house all summer - you can always tell the relatively newer pilots to the pros by how low they fly, and we've learned to tell the difference between some of the helicopters by the way they sound as they fly over.

Cool...!!! :)
I absolutely LOVE to fly...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

I’ve flown in everything from large to small planes, helicopters, and my favorite, so far, are gyroplanes/gyrocoptors, which I’ve actually piloted before...makes any roller coaster seem lame by comparison...sooooo much fun it’s ridiculous...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

A18C7861-5248-4AF1-92AD-1C2DC2A3608B.jpeg9DCBDBD8-C489-4DFC-B9FC-A7990175AEC2.jpeg396F7099-9192-4495-8153-7F37E8A02639.jpegE4CACAE9-0E31-45B9-837B-6B7CC53BF4EF.jpeg95774AF6-BD35-41D5-95A7-4E62DEA057D8.jpegAD29BC84-272C-4A43-8CC5-B7D6CC15FFD8.jpeg

ImperfectPixie

Cool...!!! :)
I absolutely LOVE to fly...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

I’ve flown in everything from large to small planes, helicopters, and my favorite, so far, are gyroplanes/gyrocoptors, which I’ve actually piloted before...makes any roller coaster seem lame by comparison...sooooo much fun it’s ridiculous...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 506777View attachment 506778View attachment 506779View attachment 506780View attachment 506781View attachment 506782
WOW! I'd be chicken, lol!

donaldtoo

WOW! I'd be chicken, lol!

Hahaaa...!!! I LOVE IT, and the thing won’t stall like an airplane can...!!!!! :happy:
Yep, DWifey is NOT a fan, but, she had no problem havin’ an open water deep divin’ certificate back in the day before we decided to start a family, and is also not a fan of roller coasters...go figure...she’s been down in the Atlantic at over 180 feet before...different strokes...!!!!! 🤔🤷‍♂️

ImperfectPixie

Hahaaa...!!! I LOVE IT, and the thing won’t stall like an airplane can...!!!!! :happy:
Yep, DWifey is NOT a fan, but, she had no problem havin’ an open water deep divin’ certificate back in the day before we decided to start a family, and is also not a fan of roller coasters...go figure...she’s been down in the Atlantic at over 180 feet before...different strokes...!!!!! 🤔🤷‍♂️
Interesting! That gives me a little bit of a better feeling, lol.

I'm generally pretty daring, skydiving and bungee jumping are right the heck out though. I'd definitely want to be a passenger first, just so I could look around and get a feel for what it's like!

Goofyernmost

Simmer 1 lg bunch dinosaur kale chopped, 1 lg head escarole, 4 minced cloves garlic, 1 lg diced onion, 6 or 7 carrots diced, some chopped celery and sliced mushrooms in veggie broth (carrots, celery, onions, garlic and mushrooms) until everything is just about softened then add 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes and one pound dried white beans cooked heat through and add Mrs Dash and oregano to taste:hungry::hungry::hungry: Easy lazy cold day soup.
That would impress me only if you had said that you took a large bunch of dinosaur Kale, chopped it and immediately threw it away.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, earlier today we went to the airport...nope, not what y’all might think...like her ol’ Pappy here, Emmy LOVES airplanes...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
We started off with some great pizza at the east side viewing area, and then drove over to the west side by an old cemetery where there was more action because of the wind direction. Over there, we could hear the planes taking off, but, not see them, but, the landings were great...!!! :)
At one point, a T-38 came outta’ nowhere and did a coupla’ touch and goes...just weird, but, very cool...our current airport used to be an Air Force base...!!! :cyclops::)

View attachment 506739View attachment 506740View attachment 506741View attachment 506742View attachment 506744View attachment 506745View attachment 506746View attachment 506747View attachment 506748View attachment 506750
Extremely jealous!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever been up in one?

donaldtoo

Interesting! That gives me a little bit of a better feeling, lol.

I'm generally pretty daring, skydiving and bungee jumping are right the heck out though. I'd definitely want to be a passenger first, just so I could look around and get a feel for what it's like!

Yes, It’s actually quite the simple flying machine, and I’ve never felt unsafe in one. The rotor is “spun up” just before your takeoff run by the prop motor that gives the aircraft forward thrust, and once you takeoff, the rotor is free-spinning and is your “wing” for lift. Even if the motor quits with the forward moving motion, it can still land auto rotating to the ground, unlike a helicopter, which after a certain ground to air range, your toast. It is just sooooo much fun to fly...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

View attachment 506755

View attachment 506754

My son had a thing for trains. I’d time it so he’d get to see two on the way home from daycare when he was wee-one. Fortunately we have a train that goes through our town and I’d take him on it. Go 3 stops get off cross tracks and wait 5 minutes to board the outbound train back.

He switched his allegiance around age 4 to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They were at Disney Studio at the time. We spent so much time getting autographs, watching their live show and photo ops for a few years. I have a photo of him on stage with Roger Rabbit in his Turtle coat.

ImperfectPixie

My son had a thing for trains. I’d time it so he’d get to see two on the way home from daycare when he was wee-one. Fortunately we have a train that goes through our town and I’d take him on it. Go 3 stops get off cross tracks and wait 5 minutes to board the outbound train back.

He switched his allegiance around age 4 to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They were at Disney Studio at the time. We spent so much time getting autographs, watching their live show and photo ops for a few years. I have a photo of him on stage with Roger Rabbit in his Turtle coat.
He went through a phase when he was tiny like the picture in which he loved anything with wheels...we've got pics of him "driving" actual military vehicles and construction equipment, too, lol. A local excavation company actually gave him and I a tour of their facility that included driving up to the top of their site where all the machines sift and sort the different sized rocks from sand about a year after the photo above, and my son was SO excited that he was squealing! We actually live relatively close to Edaville Railroad in MA, so once his interests shifted to primarily trains that was a very frequent trip for us (especially once Thomas and friends became residents), and any excuse to ride the commuter rail or subway is a bonus for him and his little brother - Thomas has been popular in our house going on 12 years at least at this point. My oldest has now switched to Mario, Sonic and characters like that, but my youngest still loooooves Thomas.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
He went through a phase when he was tiny like the picture in which he loved anything with wheels...we've got pics of him "driving" actual military vehicles and construction equipment, too, lol. A local excavation company actually gave him and I a tour of their facility that included driving up to the top of their site where all the machines sift and sort the different sized rocks from sand about a year after the photo above, and my son was SO excited that he was squealing! We actually live relatively close to Edaville Railroad in MA, so once his interests shifted to primarily trains that was a very frequent trip for us (especially once Thomas and friends became residents), and any excuse to ride the commuter rail or subway is a bonus for him and his little brother - Thomas has been popular in our house going on 12 years at least at this point. My oldest has now switched to Mario, Sonic and characters like that, but my youngest still loooooves Thomas.
We had a mile Of Brio trains and extensions. Thomas was not yet a ‘thing’ in his childhood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom