The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Washing machine frolics:

I have an older style, top-loading washing machine (not high efficiency). Never paid much attention to soap detergent (I usually buy Tide, but that's just out of habit). Sometimes, all I can find in the store are the "he" detergents, but I figured soap was soap.

Today, I looked up if "he" could damage older washers, and the answer was no. However, I've been dumping in a cup of detergent as usual, and I found out that I'm only supposed to use 1/4 cup in older machines, if using "he"! :hilarious:

Here's another winner for me -- yesterday, I did the laundry (with my usual 1 cup of "he" detergent 😛). Didn't realize that hubs left one of those electronic watch thingies in a pocket. Guess what expensive watch thingie got washed and spun around in the washing machine yesterday? :oops:

O.k. So, I found the soaking wet watch when removing the clothes. Guess what? It was still working! :joyfull: Showed it to hubs, and he was also stunned, but he said that this particular company (not Apple) guaranteed it was waterproof -- and it was!! :jawdrop: :D

John park hopper

Washing machine frolics:

I have an older style, top-loading washing machine (not high efficiency). Never paid much attention to soap detergent (I usually buy Tide, but that's just out of habit). Sometimes, all I can find in the store are the "he" detergents, but I figured soap was soap.

Today, I looked up if "he" could damage older washers, and the answer was no. However, I've been dumping in a cup of detergent as usual, and I found out that I'm only supposed to use 1/4 cup in older machines, if using "he"! :hilarious:

Here's another winner for me -- yesterday, I did the laundry (with my usual 1 cup of "he" detergent 😛). Didn't realize that hubs left one of those electronic watch thingies in a pocket. Guess what expensive watch thingie got washed and spun around in the washing machine yesterday? :oops:

O.k. So, I found the soaking wet watch when removing the clothes. Guess what? It was still working! :joyfull: Showed it to hubs, and he was also stunned, but he said that this particular company (not Apple) guaranteed it was waterproof -- and it was!! :jawdrop: :D
Reminds me of the old Timex watch commercials with John Cameron Swayze they would attach a watch to an outboard motor and run it in a tank of water. Lift it out and Swayze would say "Timex takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

Tony the Tigger

I'm so sorry. I know this is a rough time for you. How are you holding up? Were you able to be with him?

I was there the night before until around midnight. I asked Brian's cousin to come over as well, knowing I'd have to stop at work. Brian had two papers to write.

About 7AM, the nurse came to get Brian. She knew what was happening. Brian watched him take his last breaths peacefully. He called me and I went over.

The two brothers arrived around noon.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks! They have good prices on Frontline (flea, ticks). I've sometimes bought the generic (PetArmor Plus) label at Target, and the price isn't too much lower from Frontline. I try to get (any label) of them on sale, but sometimes the sales don't coincide when Jack needs a refill of the monthly ointment. Will keep Chewy in mind for the future; never used them before.
Think toys for Christmas;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was there the night before until around midnight. I asked Brian's cousin to come over as well, knowing I'd have to stop at work. Brian had two papers to write.

About 7AM, the nurse came to get Brian. She knew what was happening. Brian watched him take his last breaths peacefully. He called me and I went over.

{{HUGS}}

MySmallWorldof4

Was one of the brothers the estranged one? It would have been nice for him to have been there. Sorry again. I hope you are all holding up well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom