The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ImperfectPixie

I am at the In-Law’s. The last few days have been so up and down, but tonight they are turning off Dad’s pacemaker. They estimate he may live 48-72 hours after that, but who knows.

He gave me a big, groggy “hey!” when he realized I was here.

Did not expect this just yet.

We are trying to get the last estranged brother down from Melbourne tonight vs. tomorrow. I have to go to work for a bit and then try to tidy up the house for them.
I'm so sorry. 😔

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm the one in my family who has done the research. Well, on my dad's side. My mom did hers in the late 80s and turned it into a calendar with family recipes and such. But her side only goes back to the 1800s with the ancestors who came over from Germany, whereas my dad's goes back to the revolutionary war.
Dh can trace one side to before the Revolutionary war

Figgy1

Premium Member
I am at the In-Law’s. The last few days have been so up and down, but tonight they are turning off Dad’s pacemaker. They estimate he may live 48-72 hours after that, but who knows.

We are trying to get the last estranged brother down from Melbourne tonight vs. tomorrow. I have to go to work for a bit and then try to tidy up the house for them.
I'm so sorry to hear . Praying for you and B

93boomer

Premium Member

I am so sorry to hear Tony!! Hugs and prayers to you both!!

StarWarsGirl

So sorry. *hugs*

Goofyernmost

I had absolutely no reaction to my flu shot again this year, as in all past/passed? years. Due for the rest of the shingles shot next month.
I had the seasonal flu shot in early September with no reaction and had my second shingles shot last Thursday, also with no reaction. I can't remember ever having any negative reaction to any shot I ever got. I have been extremely fortunate because to the best of my knowledge the only thing I ever had a reaction to was a deer fly bite and that was only if it scratched it. After 72 years I can only think that I just don't have any allergies. One thing I do have and have for as long as anyone ever tested me is high white blood cells. They have gone crazy trying to figure out why. They seem to get all bent out of shape because they are sure I have an infection someplace, but they are never able to find it. One would think that after about 45 years they would give up on it. In all fairness they do mention it to me even last week, but then finished the sentence with "but your count is always elevated. So that must be your norm." Personally, not being a doctor and not even playing one on TV, I think that is why I have so few colds and maybe why my allergy score is so low. Those little white blood cells blocking the pathway.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I'm the one in my family who has done the research. Well, on my dad's side. My mom did hers in the late 80s and turned it into a calendar with family recipes and such. But her side only goes back to the 1800s with the ancestors who came over from Germany, whereas my dad's goes back to the revolutionary war.
I think I mentioned that I did one for myself and my extended family back about 5 years ago. There were mostly things that were expected. For example since the family had lived very close to the "French" Canadian border that there was a little carnal border crossing that went on and even some native American close friendship. (It was hard to trace that part because no one kept records of births or deaths among the native population.) What was a surprise was that my grandparents always said that the family was originally from Germany and had changed the spelling of our name when WWI broke out. Turns out that I was able to trace my family name ancestry back to 1638 when the first of the family to relocate came from London and was given a land grant by whatever King was in charge back then for 45 acres of land just outside of Boston. The remaining family eventually moved north stopping in northern Mass. and eventually through Vermont to the top of New York State which for a while Vermont was New York. Blimey, Imagine my surprise to realize I was of British ancestry. That probably explains my love of Iced tea.

ImperfectPixie

I think I mentioned that I did one for myself and my extended family back about 5 years ago. There were mostly things that were expected. For example since the family had lived very close to the "French" Canadian border that there was a little carnal border crossing that went on and even some native American close friendship. (It was hard to trace that part because no one kept records of births or deaths among the native population.) What was a surprise was that my grandparents always said that the family was originally from Germany and had changed the spelling of our name when WWI broke out. Turns out that I was able to trace my family name ancestry back to 1638 when the first of the family to relocate came from London and was given a land grant by whatever King was in charge back then for 45 acres of land just outside of Boston. The remaining family eventually moved north stopping in northern Mass. and eventually through Vermont to the top of New York State which for a while Vermont was New York. Blimey, Imagine my surprise to realize I was of British ancestry. That probably explains my love of Iced tea.
Might have been Charles I?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with both you and Brian, it is hard to lose a parent.

Goofyernmost

I hate when stuff like that gets misplaced. I live in MA...connecting the dots with history is one of my favorite things.
It's just not all that important anymore to me. I was curious and I wanted my children and grandchildren to have a better idea of their origins than I had. They all have individual copies of the research now and if they want to look further into it, they have a good start and direction to use. The whole dynamic changed drastically when my daughters, both born in Vermont and three of my four grandchildren were born in Vermont moved to NC. I was born in upper, upper, upper New York state and moved to Vermont with my parents when I was 15 and then to NC when I was 63. My last, as far as I know, grandchild is a native southerner. Even my x-wife who was from Quebec and had moved to Vermont when she was 28 or so, moved down here for a couple of years before she passed away and is now buried here in NC. My girls and their families are the history in the making now. My job is just to do the heavy looking on from this point on.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Oh Tony, I am so sorry. How so very sad. I hope Brian and his family will be ok, and that you will be the rock they need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom