The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Can't say that I have. Ewwwww. My county isn't on that list, but by the looks of the map won't be far from being on it. And dh and I were commenting on how few pesky bugs we saw this year like stinkbugs. We had plenty of moths, butterflies, and bees, but not much else. Even our beetle traps didn't need changing this summer.
I was just reading more about them. Apparently Cecil and Harford counties in Maryland have them too. I guess not as far west as where we are; we border Harford County and I haven't seen them. They're so distinctive that I would remember seeing them.

Songbird76

That sounds strange. Was this a buffet? I'm surprised a buffet would still let you serve your own food. None of the buffets around us have opened yet, which is fine.
Yes, it's a buffet. It's got 10 different "Restaurants" in one. So there's an Asian place that has wok and then different ready made options, but it covers Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Sri Lankan, Thai, etc. Then there's an Italian part that mostly does vegetarian food. Then there's seafood place...I didn't even go in there, because I don't like fish, a salad bar, a soup bar, a Tex-Mex place that does steaks and burgers and such, and then the've added tacos, a Pancake and waffle house, a dessert bar, and a fastfood place with burgers and hotdogs. I must be forgetting one. Anyway one of the rules was to use the hand sanitizer before getting food each time.

But the Netherlands are not doing well in comparison with our other European neighbors with the Covid19. Germany's cases are going down and they are implementing stronger regulations whenever there is an increase in cases....we're not doing that here, and it's just getting worse. Schools are still open, even when it's discovered that someone is infected. Everything is reopened and there are no fines being given for people who break the rules, so there is no incentive. People aren't supposed to cheer at sporting events, but they do it anyway...and nothing happens to them, so it just keeps happening and cases keep increasing. The restaurant we went to claimed to have people stationed throughout to ensure rules were followed, and anyone not adhering to them would be asked to leave. But I kept having to stop to wait for people to go around me when they were walking against the arrows on the floor. People weren't distancing in the lines at all, and I only saw one or 2 other people use the hand sanitizer before grabbing a plate. There was no employee stationed anywhere to check that or to remind people, and I even saw one employee leading a group to their table and she was walking right down the wrong direction of the arrows and employees walked right past people who weren't properly distanced, and didn't say a word to them about that, or about going against traffic. And they were so packed! If we had known before going there that it would be like that, I would have said we should wait.

Goofyernmost

I hesitated in mentioning this because, well, when compared to the health concerns of others here my problems are pretty minor. I'm mentioning it because I haven't had time to read all the posts so I might be covering things already covered. Sorry about that! Anyway, I spent all of the past week in the hospital having tests run and ultimately having a pacemaker implanted. I am home now and doing well, actually much better then I was doing before I decided to have that weird feeling in my chest investigated.

It turned out that I had developed an irregular heartbeat sometime around the time I moved in March. Didn't know what it was I was feeling but then the last couple of months it had been far more intense so I finally got it through my thick head to do something about it. I wasn't having chest pains or feeling anything other then a hollow feeling in my chest and, when most intense, was making me weak and shaky to the point of sometimes getting winded just walking across the room. In the hospital it was discovered that my pulse was fluctuating between 70 bpm and dropping to 40 bpm and then back, at random. 40 is good for an athlete, but not for someone as old and out of shape as I am. Anyway, I missed an entire week of posts and very well might have missed something important, but I am now ready to move on with a machine, sown in my chest, that is now regulating the speed my engine runs. On the plus side I did test negative for Covid 19, so I got that going for me. The downside is this is going to dig deeply in my golfing time for the next 6 weeks. Fortunately, here in NC, we can play year round.

Lilofan

I hesitated in mentioning this because, well, when compared to the health concerns of others here my problems are pretty minor. I'm mentioning it because I haven't had time to read all the posts so I might be covering things already covered. Sorry about that! Anyway, I spent all of the past week in the hospital having tests run and ultimately having a pacemaker implanted. I am home now and doing well, actually much better then I was doing before I decided to have that weird feeling in my chest investigated.

It turned out that I had developed an irregular heartbeat sometime around the time I moved in March. Didn't know what it was I was feeling but then the last couple of months it had been far more intense so I finally got it through my thick head to do something about it. I wasn't having chest pains or feeling anything other then a hollow feeling in my chest and, when most intense, was making me weak and shaky to the point of sometimes getting winded just walking across the room. In the hospital it was discovered that my pulse was fluctuating between 70 bpm and dropping to 40 bpm and then back, at random. 40 is good for an athlete, but not for someone as old and out of shape as I am. Anyway, I missed an entire week of posts and very well might have missed something important, but I am now ready to move on with a machine, sown in my chest, that is now regulating the speed my engine runs. On the plus side I did test negative for Covid 19, so I got that going for me. The downside is this is going to dig deeply in my golfing time for the next 6 weeks. Fortunately, here in NC, we can play year round.
Thanks for sharing. You made the right call to get yourself checked out. Take care.

93boomer

Premium Member
I was just reading more about them. Apparently Cecil and Harford counties in Maryland have them too. I guess not as far west as where we are; we border Harford County and I haven't seen them. They're so distinctive that I would remember seeing them.
EWWW those spotted lantern things look gross. We have stink bugs every single year. They are on schedule. Trying to come in the house to hibernate for the winter.

StarWarsGirl

EWWW those spotted lantern things look gross. We have stink bugs every single year. They are on schedule. Trying to come in the house to hibernate for the winter.
They are so gross.

And I HATE killing bugs. My cat Moxie used to kill them. He couldn't resist a bug, any bug. So I'd see a spider or whatnot, go grab him, and then he'd take care of it. So I never had to. This was before stinkbugs.

Belle is not as much of a bug catcher. She does take care of crickets in the basement. So we just have to vacuum them up. Which is disgusting, but okay. Jasmine will take care of spiders...after she tortures them first. Neither will touch ants or stinkbugs. So we have to. Which I hate. But I can't pick either one of them up and just point out a bug for them like I could Moxie.

93boomer

Premium Member
They are so gross.

And I HATE killing bugs. My cat Moxie used to kill them. He couldn't resist a bug, any bug. So I'd see a spider or whatnot, go grab him, and then he'd take care of it. So I never had to. This was before stinkbugs.

Belle is not as much of a bug catcher. She does take care of crickets in the basement. So we just have to vacuum them up. Which is disgusting, but okay. Jasmine will take care of spiders...after she tortures them first. Neither will touch ants or stinkbugs. So we have to. Which I hate. But I can't pick either one of them up and just point out a bug for them like I could Moxie.
Chloe used to hunt and rid us of spiders and crickets. We didn’t realize how she kept the house cleared. Now we have them everywhere. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom