The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

We went to a restaurant with my in-laws today. They invited us months ago, but then this morning my BIL and his son backed out because they have colds. So we went without them. It was so bizarre! There was a fire months ago and they just opened back up...but our reservation was for 12:45 and my MIL had tried to call this morning to let them know 2 people weren't coming. But the phone line didn't open until 11. So we just went ahead and went...and they gave us a hard time about not calling to change the number of people. My MIL says she tried, but couldn't get through. "Well you should have called at 11 when we opened!" :rolleyes:

So we were seated and it was explained that there were arrows on the floor you needed to follow, and the website said they had employees whose job it was to make sure people were following those arrows and distancing...they lied. No one was paying any attention and people weren't following the directions at all.

I go to the Italian station, and they have a build your own pasta dish, but there's no list of what sauces are available, and no signs on the containers. There's a list with the pasta types, but not the sauces. So I ask the guy "Which sauces do you have? I don't see a list anywhere." He says "No, because those are for us. We would rather wait until you order. You choose your pasta and the veggies and we cook those and THEN you choose a sauce." I was like....how do you choose what you want to put in it if you don't know what sauce you are going to have? I want the ingredients to compliment the sauce. I couldn't believe he didn't want to tell me what sauces were even available unless I had already ordered....that seems backwards. So I opted not to order pasta. I'm not ordering an unknown. So strange!!

Oh, and when we first got there, since they've changed somethings, we wanted to look around at each station to see what they had. So we're just walking through, and we get to the Tex-Mex station and this guy in the line turns around to tell me I need a plate. Really? You thought what....I was going to dish the food up in my hands because I don't look bright enough to use a plate and utensils? So I told him no, I really didn't need a plate because I was just looking to see what they had. I wasn't getting food yet.

Just a very odd day. I'm not in a hurry to go back there, especially with Covid-19. I was encouraged by the website's claim of enforcement of the rules, and they did have sanitizer stations at every section you were supposed to use before getting food. But since no one seemed to be adhering to that except us, and the food wasn't great, and the workers were borderline rude, it was just not worth it. At least we got to spend time with the in-laws.

Cesar R M

Hey, @Cesar R M , how's work going these days for you?
Its ok A bit frustrating sometimes.

Still getting the annoying order of "I do not have time, do it the way its need to be". And when I finish doing that the boss then retorts with "No, I do not like it that way, why you did not ask me first?" and I facepalm XD
This boss is the total opposite of my older one.

Also, I finally closed doors with my old job. After 17 years of working for them. We went to lunch and gave the adieu. I left all the controls, all emails, etc to the new IT guy.
Let see how long he lasts.

As for life.. I'm now hunting for a house as I want to start a business and I need additional space.
I might end doing going to Canada seasonally as I save money to get the work permit or something.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Still getting the annoying order of "I do not have time, do it the way its need to be". And when I finish doing that the boss then retorts with "No, I do not like it that way, why you did not ask me first?" and I facepalm XD

Also, I finally closed doors with my old job. After 17 years of working for them. We went to lunch and gave the adieu. I left all the controls, all emails, etc to the new IT guy.

As for life.. I'm now hunting for a house as I want to start a business and I need additional space.
I might end doing going to Canada seasonally as I save money to get the work permit or something.

Thanks for the update. I knew you had job issues a while back, and figured you'd let us know when things straightened out for you. And wow, I didn't realize your past job was for 17 years.

So I'm glad that you now have a new job (even though the boss is a little strange!), but it's a paycheck for you, so that's always good.

It also sounds like you have some interesting ideas for the future, and wish you all the best. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My mom loves geology. She'll start talking to me about it and I'm like...
tenor.gif

I actually might have minored in Biology to go with my major in education but when picking classes one semester one of the geology classes into two of the required categories towards the degree. So that meant I got double credit for the geology class so it was one less class overall to take.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went to a restaurant with my in-laws today. They invited us months ago, but then this morning my BIL and his son backed out because they have colds. So we went without them. It was so bizarre! There was a fire months ago and they just opened back up...but our reservation was for 12:45 and my MIL had tried to call this morning to let them know 2 people weren't coming. But the phone line didn't open until 11. So we just went ahead and went...and they gave us a hard time about not calling to change the number of people. My MIL says she tried, but couldn't get through. "Well you should have called at 11 when we opened!" :rolleyes:

So we were seated and it was explained that there were arrows on the floor you needed to follow, and the website said they had employees whose job it was to make sure people were following those arrows and distancing...they lied. No one was paying any attention and people weren't following the directions at all.

I go to the Italian station, and they have a build your own pasta dish, but there's no list of what sauces are available, and no signs on the containers. There's a list with the pasta types, but not the sauces. So I ask the guy "Which sauces do you have? I don't see a list anywhere." He says "No, because those are for us. We would rather wait until you order. You choose your pasta and the veggies and we cook those and THEN you choose a sauce." I was like....how do you choose what you want to put in it if you don't know what sauce you are going to have? I want the ingredients to compliment the sauce. I couldn't believe he didn't want to tell me what sauces were even available unless I had already ordered....that seems backwards. So I opted not to order pasta. I'm not ordering an unknown. So strange!!

Oh, and when we first got there, since they've changed somethings, we wanted to look around at each station to see what they had. So we're just walking through, and we get to the Tex-Mex station and this guy in the line turns around to tell me I need a plate. Really? You thought what....I was going to dish the food up in my hands because I don't look bright enough to use a plate and utensils? So I told him no, I really didn't need a plate because I was just looking to see what they had. I wasn't getting food yet.

Just a very odd day. I'm not in a hurry to go back there, especially with Covid-19. I was encouraged by the website's claim of enforcement of the rules, and they did have sanitizer stations at every section you were supposed to use before getting food. But since no one seemed to be adhering to that except us, and the food wasn't great, and the workers were borderline rude, it was just not worth it. At least we got to spend time with the in-laws.

That sounds strange. Was this a buffet? I'm surprised a buffet would still let you serve your own food. None of the buffets around us have opened yet, which is fine.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Good luck with the house hunt and starting a business! Wishing you the best.

MySmallWorldof4

@MySmallWorldof4 do you have these where you are? I've killed so many of them today and seen so many dead ones. Gross.
Can't say that I have. Ewwwww. My county isn't on that list, but by the looks of the map won't be far from being on it. And dh and I were commenting on how few pesky bugs we saw this year like stinkbugs. We had plenty of moths, butterflies, and bees, but not much else. Even our beetle traps didn't need changing this summer.

StarWarsGirl

Can't say that I have. Ewwwww. My county isn't on that list, but by the looks of the map won't be far from being on it. And dh and I were commenting on how few pesky bugs we saw this year like stinkbugs. We had plenty of moths, butterflies, and bees, but not much else. Even our beetle traps didn't need changing this summer.
I saw one when I was here over the summer and a worker told me they are invasive so they are supposed to kill them, so I've also been killing them the few times I've seen them. But I think I killed four or five of them, and that didn't include the five I watched a kid in front of me at the Hershey Tower kill. They were dead all over the ground there...it was so gross.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Good luck my friend

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom