Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

It’s the norm here. I’m still trying to figure out how we know Disney hasn’t raised capacity limits when we don’t know what the capacity limits are.

The funny thing is I don’t even know why it matters.

In regards to yesterday’s executive order it will be interesting to see if Disney makes any changes in the next few weeks. I believe they’ve extended park hours in October so maybe fireworks aren’t far off.
I know a lot of you won’t go until the drop the mask mandate so hopefully that is in the not so distant future.
Stop by my office Monday about 2:30 and I will show you the internal memos. You will need to sign a NDA though......

TTA94

Anything is possible. Outside of the Covid safety concerns there is an economic component as well. Those shows are pricey and right now WDW is on a shoe string budget. I was at one point thinking maybe for the holidays if demand shoots up but I don‘t know anymore. I do think the situation with DLR plays a part in the decision too. They are going out of their way to appear as conservative as possible hoping for a good outcome there. Lots of variables make it hard to call.

If any nighttime shows were to come back id expect a shorter version. I still think Epcot Forever should be first to return especially for the holidays to draw guests away from MK. I’m sure MK will be packed.

Polkadotdress

In regards to yesterday’s executive order it will be interesting to see if Disney makes any changes in the next few weeks. I believe they’ve extended park hours in October so maybe fireworks aren’t far off.
I know a lot of you won’t go until the drop the mask mandate so hopefully that is in the not so distant future.
Just putting this here to remind you that face masks are not a quickly, nor easily “dropped” thing.

Chi84

Premium Member

DisneyCane

Face masks will hopefully not be permanent anywhere!

However, I think there is some misplaced eagerness over the releasing of the state’s restrictions by the governor.
Nothing stops a business from requiring whatever they want or having protocols. I believe local governments can still have mask mandates, they just can't fine individuals for violating the mandates but I'm pretty sure they can still fine businesses.

They can't do what Broward did and hold people responsible for enforcing mask mandates in private residences.

Heppenheimer

It's not personally something that concerns me. I have no WDW plans at this time, but if I do decide to go back over the next year the restrictions or lack of restrictions won't affect my enjoyment. There's no such thing as a bad vacation in my world.
I would agree about "no bad vacation", but then I took one with the person who is now my ex-girlfriend...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nothing stops a business from requiring whatever they want or having protocols. I believe local governments can still have mask mandates, they just can't fine individuals for violating the mandates but I'm pretty sure they can still fine businesses.

They can't do what Broward did and hold people responsible for enforcing mask mandates in private residences.
The removal of fines is a back door way to prohibit local mask mandates. So a locality can require masks but there‘s no way to enforce the requirement so it essentially doesn’t need to be followed. It’s not like they are going to arrest people and jail them for a violation so what’s left if you remove fines. He’s just avoiding the blowback that happened in Georgia when the governor prohibited mask mandates. It will make it more difficult for even private businesses to enforce any mask rules due to emboldened resistors. I’ll say it again, I feel bad for the front line workers who get stuck trying to enforce these rules.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It’s the norm here. I’m still trying to figure out how we know Disney hasn’t raised capacity limits when we don’t know what the capacity limits are.

The funny thing is I don’t even know why it matters.

Nothing is going to change in the not to distant future to make the virus any less infectious or less severe so I hope they do not drop the mask mandate. If masks are a good idea now, they will remain being a good idea for the foreseeable future.

Miss Bella

Nothing is going to change in the not to distant future to make the virus any less infectious or less severe so I hope they do not drop the mask mandate. If masks are a good idea now, they will remain being a good idea for the foreseeable future.
There is quite a few people on this forum that won’t go with the mask mandate. There is some irony in that.

Chi84

Premium Member
Why would it need to be permanent? It’s not a punishment or a cultural trend, it’s a direct reaction to a public health crisis. Masks were worn in 1918 during that pandemic and vanished after the threat was gone. There’s no reason to think masks would become permanent.
I was specifically replying to a post about mask requirements in union contracts and meant that contract term could be changed. I should have used more precise language.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1601216015283.png

1601216043010.png

phillip9698

I see people contemplating cancelling their fall trips due to the governor's announcement today. What Disney needs to do is come forth very soon and clearly tell people their plan for the upcoming months to put minds at ease.

Unfortunately, Disney has been playing it all too close to the chest and I don't think they're about to reveal any cards.

I'm not avoiding a trip based on what is or isn't happening on Disney property, it's about what is taking place outside of it. Those parks and restaurants are going to have their fair share of locals that are going to partake in the FL free for all.

Club Cooloholic

I'm not avoiding a trip based on what is or isn't happening on Disney property, it's about what is taking place outside of it. Those parks and restaurants are going to have their fair share of locals that are going to partake in the FL free for all.
And again, will the states visitors are coming from impose quarantines on its returning residents for visiting Florida?

GimpYancIent

And again, will the states visitors are coming from impose quarantines on its returning residents for visiting Florida?
The imposition of quarantines by states has worked really well thus far? Then there are quite a few people that leave high restriction states with no intention of returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom