Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

I'm sure there's an entire logistics problem around this. Do we know if the two doses are exactly the same? What about the interaction or effectiveness of the first and second doses being from different vaccines? How critical is the timing of the second dose, exactly 21 days, is 15 good enough, how about 30 or 45, or longer?

Depending on lots of answers, I can see where it would be easier, have higher quality outcomes, and less waste to require both from the same place. They could make both appointments at the same time, have inventory delivered in the correct matched quantity, of the matched product, and perform follow-up for missed second appointments fast enough to still be useful.
Yes, it all makes sense.

Disstevefan1

Just need to say my 27 year old son has been tested positive today. He has not been to pubs, not seen his friends, worn a mask whenever recommended and when not, has socially distanced but has been to work. My husband is a diabetic 71 year old and I am a large lady aged 63. We have only been out twice since March and a few trips to our local park well socially distanced. He is our bubble and is now terrified that he has given it to us. We have arranged a test for tomorrow morning just 1 mile from our house here in the U.K. It would seem that however careful you are the virus will indeed virus. I am scared for my husband and son..........but hopefully all will be fine, but am not looking forward to the next 2 weeks whilst waiting for symptoms to get worse.

These are the scenarios that are mysterious and scary. This is where contact tracing is so important! Your son went someplace and came in contact with someone, perhaps a super spreader.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
President Trump on Feb. 7 to Bob Woodward: "It goes through the air. That's always tougher than the touch. You don't have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air and that's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flus,"

President Trump on March 7 to Bob Woodward: "Just today and yesterday, some startling facts came out. It's not just old, older. Young people too, plenty of young people."

Cite: https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-...ook-1186870b-9d20-4e8f-a413-a32ec7b95cf0.html

CDC 9/10/20: "What is added by this report?

Findings from a case-control investigation of symptomatic outpatients from 11 U.S. health care facilities found that close contact with persons with known COVID-19 or going to locations that offer on-site eating and drinking options were associated with COVID-19 positivity. Adults with positive SARS-CoV-2 test results were approximately twice as likely to have reported dining at a restaurant than were those with negative SARS-CoV-2 test results.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Eating and drinking on-site at locations that offer such options might be important risk factors associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection. Efforts to reduce possible exposures where mask use and social distancing are difficult to maintain, such as when eating and drinking, should be considered to protect customers, employees, and communities."

Cite: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm?s_cid=mm6936a5_x

CDC Last Friday (this was pulled Monday): "It is possible that COVID-19 may spread through the droplets and airborne particles that are formed when a person who has COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, sings, talks, or breathes. There is growing evidence that droplets and airborne particles can remain suspended in the air and be breathed in by others, and travel distances beyond 6 feet (for example, during choir practice, in restaurants, or in fitness classes). In general, indoor environments without good ventilation increase this risk."

Cite: https://web.archive.org/web/2020091...v/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html
Cite: https://www.inquirer.com/health/cor...sol-airborne-political-pressure-20200922.html
Yeah. There’s a room full of people sitting, eating and drinking without masks. I’m not so much concerned about the princess who walks by.

drizgirl

College kids will college but here's a thought. Maybe the parents should be setting a better example.
Not happening from what I see. On the Facebook page for families at my daughter's school, parents are indignant that their kids should not be hampered in any way in their desire to party. It was quite shocking, and so disappointing. I've lost a lot of faith in humanity reading there. But it certain explained a lot.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Not happening from what I see. On the Facebook page for families at my daughter's school, parents are indignant that their kids should not be hampered in any way in their desire to party. It was quite shocking, and so disappointing. I've lost a lot of faith in humanity reading there. But it certain explained a lot.
If you want to have faith in humanity, reading a Facebook page isn’t the way to do it. :)

Parker in NYC

Original Poster

I'm glad I missed a lot of this generation's idea of parenting. Unsurprising, since I went to school with them!

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
At what age do young people become adults responsible for their own actions these days? I know it's been a very long time, but I can't imagine anyone blaming my mother for something I did when I was 19 or 20 years old.

I tell you what, my mother wouldn't allow my brothers and me to engage in that kind of behavior at any age. But then, I was a special case. The one time I went to detention, she nearly threw a party. "Thank God, your father and I wondered if you were human."

hopemax

So new pre-print, addressing the topic of functional herd immunity / disease burnout.

Manaus, Brazil. Seroprevalence 44% measured in blood samples in June, estimated currently at 66%. IFR .17%-.28% due to younger population (only 6% of the population is older than 60). By comparison, Sao Paulo IFR is estimated to be ~3 times as much .46%-.72%

So the dueling math games are beginning between the, "we told you HIT was only 20-30% (the rise to 66% represents the overshoot)" and the "if we allowed this in other places, that's a lot of dead people." For comparison, 20% of the US population is over age 60.

An article about the study

JoeCamel

So new pre-print, addressing the topic of functional herd immunity / disease burnout.

Manaus, Brazil. Seroprevalence 44% measured in blood samples in June, estimated currently at 66%. IFR .17%-.28% due to younger population (only 6% of the population is older than 60). By comparison, Sao Paulo IFR is estimated to be ~3 times as much .46%-.72%

So the dueling math games are beginning between the, "we told you HIT was only 20-30% (the rise to 66% represents the overshoot)" and the "if we allowed this in other places, that's a lot of dead people." For comparison, 20% of the US population is over age 60.

An article about the study

They paid a high price to get there if they have. Interesting to watch

BigThunderMatt

On the Facebook page for families at my daughter's school, parents are indignant that their kids should not be hampered in any way in their desire to party. It was quite shocking, and so disappointing. I've lost a lot of faith in humanity reading there.

Those groups are the bane of my existence and I wish they'd all be reduced to smoldering craters. Nothing good comes out of unofficial mombook university parent pages, just misinformation and "7 Hot Tips to try and beat the system to get exactly what you want at this school". It's like a support group for helicopter parents and alumni reliving their college years vicariously through their kids, often against their children's will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom