Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Just to continue pushing the news of preparation progress, hand washing stations are now spotted inside of the gates.

but to continue this convo—given the data and current comparisons—I am surprised we haven’t heard anything. If outdoor AND indoor malls are open, Indoor and outdoor dining, and movie theaters are open at limited capacity, and the current theme parks around the country (specifically WDW)prove successful at opening and running, AND opening would put a huge boost back in the California and Anaheim economy and livelihoods of all the small business owners... is his fear having a major “draw” And thus increasing spread from outside the area? Because Disney will already mitigate the amount of people in the area at a time, as they did with DTD. Also, in terms of California alone, each activity in Disney can be compared to something else that is already operating. Most of the park is comparable to the zoos, aquariums, and outdoor malls already open. Plus the dining establishments which have their capacities already as well, If it’s the rides, well then why are movie theatres open? People placed indoors in a room for a long period of time with the occasional ability to remove masks to snack on popcorn. Heck, this is how airlines have consistently been operating since all of this started. Plus Disney has been incredible across the world at their procedures. In DTD alone, they are SO on top of things; no one can get by with even taking their mask off to eat ice cream unless they pull over to the side.

I don’t need to beat a dead horse, because I know these are all cyclical conversations. but I think the most frustrating thing—more so even for the theme park operators and cities they are in— is the lack of concrete guidance and ideals. If he doesn’t want these to open until May 2025, then I wish he would just say so and provide his reasoning. If he wants certain things implemented, or certain levels to be met prior to opening, then I wish he would say it so we have a timeline and goal in mind. It’s tiring for people planning trips as well only to be continuously cancelled.

cmwade77

Just to continue pushing the news of preparation progress, hand washing stations are now spotted inside of the gates.

but to continue this convo—given the data and current comparisons—I am surprised we haven’t heard anything. If outdoor AND indoor malls are open, Indoor and outdoor dining, and movie theaters are open at limited capacity, and the current theme parks around the country (specifically WDW)prove successful at opening and running, AND opening would put a huge boost back in the California and Anaheim economy and livelihoods of all the small business owners... is his fear having a major “draw” And thus increasing spread from outside the area? Because Disney will already mitigate the amount of people in the area at a time, as they did with DTD. Also, in terms of California alone, each activity in Disney can be compared to something else that is already operating. Most of the park is comparable to the zoos, aquariums, and outdoor malls already open. Plus the dining establishments which have their capacities already as well, If it’s the rides, well then why are movie theatres open? People placed indoors in a room for a long period of time with the occasional ability to remove masks to snack on popcorn. Heck, this is how airlines have consistently been operating since all of this started. Plus Disney has been incredible across the world at their procedures. In DTD alone, they are SO on top of things; no one can get by with even taking their mask off to eat ice cream unless they pull over to the side.

I don’t need to beat a dead horse, because I know these are all cyclical conversations. but I think the most frustrating thing—more so even for the theme park operators and cities they are in— is the lack of concrete guidance and ideals. If he doesn’t want these to open until May 2025, then I wish he would just say so and provide his reasoning. If he wants certain things implemented, or certain levels to be met prior to opening, then I wish he would say it so we have a timeline and goal in mind. It’s tiring for people planning trips as well only to be continuously cancelled.
Exactly, I believe California is the only state (at least that has theme parks) where theme parks are still closed. We can all take guesses as to what is going on, but really, I think Newsom knows just how devastating this is to Southern California and how little impact it has on Northern California economy wise.

ToTBellHop

Exactly, I believe California is the only state (at least that has theme parks) where theme parks are still closed. We can all take guesses as to what is going on, but really, I think Newsom knows just how devastating this is to Southern California and how little impact it has on Northern California economy wise.
New York still closed. Massachusetts too, I believe.

Waiting for the update that it’s 4:15 on a late summer weekend so Gavin is already off to his evening yoga and we won’t be hearing about Peter Pan’s Flight this week.

C’mon, Gavykins. Please?

Darkbeer1

New York still closed. Massachusetts too, I believe.

Waiting for the update that it’s 4:15 on a late summer weekend so Gavin is already off to his evening yoga and we won’t be hearing about Peter Pan’s Flight this week.

C’mon, Gavykins. Please?
Much of New York state is open, including indoor dining. The city on the other hand is basically closed

SuddenStorm

So let's talk Knott's. Knott's/Cedar Fair made a call yesterday, and they feel that they won't be able to open the Theme Park until at least November. Read into that whatever you wish.

Don't worry, I just had my bubble suit custom ordered. When the parks reopen in 2030 I'll be there in the safest possible fashion.

The rona and the annual Disneyland measles outbreak won't be able to catch me!

mandelbrot

Newsom is being extra careful with theme parks since he knows how much local economies depend on them. It would be more devastating for those communities if the parks opened and then had to shut down again. Sacramento will give the green light once they feel parks can open without risking shutting down again. It's smart and responsible for all involved.

flutas

Hmmm

So, let me prepare this statement with take this with a pile of salt big enough to kill the morton salt girl...

BUT, it seems something is scheduled internally (currently unclear exactly who this is going out to) relating to parks (not clear from which division TDA vs TDO) on the 22nd.

I will say to keep expectations low. But for context the last time something like this was scheduled this way was the riviera opening media day (at WDW). What I'm hearing is it may just be the start of some promotion for the parks though.

Again, pile of salt big enough to kill with this as these things do change often and fast.

TP2000

C’mon, Gavykins. Please?

Oh my God, are you in my brain? I posted almost exactly what you wanted in the other thread literally two minutes before you posted this here. Spooky! 🤣

Did you get your flu shot for 2021 yet?

My VA doctor told me to wait until mid October to get the flu shot like always, so that it's at its fighting best in December/January/February when an old fuddy duddy like me needs it the most.

Otherwise I'm acting as normal; hosting fabulous dinner parties, and playing regular tennis and when its time to serve I'm boldly touching the other guy's balls :oops:, as well as doing other fun activities in public, touching all the surfaces and products at Target and Ralph's and Nordstrom.

We're all going to die!!! :rolleyes: But before that happens, I'm going to take a Sharpie and mark the other guy's balls.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom