On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Lilofan

That is one of the bigger assumptions you can make.

Don’t get your hopes up...the stocks decides everything.
Yeah no 😂

Bob Weiss has a bit of everything necessary in a leader and he does his job well. He and D'amaro understand the company values and honor Walt's legacy.
D'Amaro 's loyalty ends if he gets bypassed to be the next CEO. Just ask Staggs, Rasulo, Mayer, etc.

D'Amaro 's loyalty ends if he gets bypassed to be the next CEO. Just ask Staggs, Rasulo, Mayer, etc.
Mayer is in a different category. Poor guy was being groomed to be the next ceo and then Iger played favorites and pulled the Chapek card bc he knew the ship was sinking. Then Mayer made a move to a company that now may be illegal in the US so the guy can't win ahaha.

Lilofan

Mayer is in a different category. Poor guy was being groomed to be the next ceo and then Iger played favorites and pulled the Chapek card bc he knew the ship was sinking. Then Mayer made a move to a company that now may be illegal in the US so the guy can't win ahaha.
Not so fast, TIk Tok is about to get huge and take over. Just because 1600 is blowing smoke about Tik Tok, is just hot air. Kevin Mayer is no fool.

Screenshot_20200821-234912_Instagram.jpg

For those of you who keep insisting that the upkeep of the parks is "fine" and "unnoticable to normal guests", please keep this photo in mind. We need to frame this in every major office for every United States park. It serves as a reminder that Disney used hold itself to a standard far above the rest. While considered extreme, it was one that defined the company's legacy to this day, something we've somehow lost along the way.

yensidtlaw1969

Yes, but I am referring more to the fact that single day guests get treated as superior simply because they spend more money in short bursts. Passholders commit a few thousand each year while day guests spend a fraction of that. Honestly passholder treatment has declined over the course of 20 years.
Well . . . day guests (at least the ones who stay close to a week, not literal one-day guests) tend to spend the same or more than AP's do in a year, but in a much more concentrated period of time. And really, the treatment isn't SO different - they offer mild advantages on occassion, which is pretty reasonable.

I'm an AP and I'd love more perks, but I understand the impulse to offer higher value to guests staying on property for 5-7 days and buying multiple Park Hoppers for each day over the guests who opt in on a lower lump-sum and spend less money on average over the course of a full year while taking up as much space as the out-of-towner.

Doesn't mean they can't do better by their APers, and I'll agree treatment has declined, but I don't think that's unique to us AP's - it's declined across the board. But we're really not the bread and butter many of us like to believe we are. For the most part we're savvy loyalists who actually spend less money over 52 weeks than many "typical" guests spend in 1.

EDITED To Add: Think of it this way - if the average literal One-Day guest spends, say, $300 on themselves in that one day, the average Annual Passholder spends nowhere near that. So do you want your days to be loaded with guests paying $300 to be there (of which there mostly seems to be no short supply), or full of guests who each spend, like, $50 while they're in the park? Like I said, they take up the same space - they're both paying for the right to be there and deserve to get their money's worth, but it makes sense that you'd make the effort to incentivize one more than the other.

Last edited:

celluloid

View attachment 492353
For those of you who keep insisting that the upkeep of the parks is "fine" and "unnoticable to normal guests", please keep this photo in mind. We need to frame this in every major office for every United States park. It serves as a reminder that Disney used hold itself to a standard far above the rest. While considered extreme, it was one that defined the company's legacy to this day, something we've somehow lost along the way.

Now it would be a photo of a Rosen Graduate walking with Trash Pickers against the ground like a Cane.

Lilofan

Less bad leadership positions, still possibly bad leadership. The lauerels and philosophies have to change, not the amount.
That's not always the case. Some in companies lose their jobs because their positions can be combined with another position or their jobs are no longer needed. The bad leadership assumption always gets talked about.

celluloid

That's not always the case. Some in companies lose their jobs because their positions can be combined with another position or their jobs are no longer needed. The bad leadership assumption always gets talked about.

If you use a trash picker against the ground as if a walking cane in front of all guests, that is a bad example of leadership. That is the bad leadership I am speaking of. You can have ten top leadership positions become five, if they had the same negative influence or atmospheres, then you have the same bad or worse leadership. It takes philosophy changes or reform to make things better. Less drops of posison in a drink can still be enough to seem like poision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom