On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

MurphyJoe

Fake insiders or fake leakers enjoy the 15 minutes of people talking about the made up crap as if it were real.

I wonder how true that is? As it doesn't seem like it'd be 15 minutes of enjoyment from mentioning sources are saying Universal is in discussions to build a boutique theme park at Bonnet Creek.

carolina_yankee

More for texture than for taste. And at some places, whiz is the only option for "with".

If Wawa migrated to Florida, perhaps the right kind of bread could be available for a cheesesteak stand at Disney Springs.

i have friends who wouldn’t move to Florida if there wasn’t a Wawa.

C0669ECC-5BFF-48A4-8976-0CDC550911DE.jpeg

Brer Oswald

I wonder how true that is? As it doesn't seem like it'd be 15 minutes of enjoyment from mentioning sources are saying Universal is in discussions to build a boutique theme park at Bonnet Creek.
I’m basing this off of fake leaks in the video game community. I know a few people who have constructed fake information that gets passed off as credible. Notable people make videos on it, and the fake insiders enjoy the attention.

giantgolfer

More for texture than for taste. And at some places, whiz is the only option for "with".

If Wawa migrated to Florida, perhaps the right kind of bread could be available for a cheesesteak stand at Disney Springs.

“Whiz wit” means with onions. “Whiz witout” means Whiz without onions.

The “wit” or “witout” references the onions, not the cheese.

Ldno

Fake insiders or fake leakers enjoy the 15 minutes of people talking about the made up crap as if it were real.
This was proven true with the Star Wars movie leaks, a lot of them wanted their 15 minutes of fame, as a matter of fact some youtube channels dedicated and were full of pride with it leak/informer, next thing they got debunked on purpose, the whole intent was to discredit them. I take all rumors with a grain of salt and nothing for granted anywhere, the pattern I see, some well known member here gets a leak, next thing you know a youtube source makes A video of it, some speculate, it’s all for views, likes/subs, it’s all entertainment.

MerlinTheGoat

The more widely-circulated Star Wars movie leaks actually turned out correct. The plot layouts for Both 7 and 9 were known long before the movies released. There were a few fake ones, but the legit ones had a lot of verification backing them up. There were a few minor changes with 9's leaks due to the reshoots, though this mostly only slightly affected the order of some scenes and a Kylo Ren scene near the end. The basic plot layout remained largely consistent with the leaks though. They did better at keeping Last Jedi's plot secret. That didn't accurately leak until shortly before release IIRC. There were plenty of fake ones, but there was no real consistency across them and everyone was pretty skeptical due to non-verified inconsistent sourcing.

The Star Wars Leaks subreddit is generally a good source for credible rumors about the franchise. Youtube is not, and everyone knows to avoid it unless they're just directly copying credible rumors off the leaks subreddit. There's a group of prominent youtube clickbaiters who constantly post nothing but easily proved wrong BS about the franchise. I've already mentioned people like ClownfishTV, Yellowflash, The Quartering etc earlier in this thread (though their content isn't exclusive to Star Wars). There are plenty of others as well.

The biggest Star Wars BSer out there is definitely Mike Zeroh. He's so full of crap that I could make a career as a credible insider simply by saying the opposite of whatever he does. Not a month has gone by over the past two years where he hasn't posted multiple videos claiming that Kathleen Kennedy has been fired. He makes 25-30 videos a week about fake Star Wars news. Much of it provably wrong from the start. His favorite piece of fake news for the past few months has been a Mace Windu show he pulled out of his rear but claims is in development. He makes a decent living off this scam. He has a continually growing subscriber count. Over 234,000 subs currently with many videos getting tens of thousands of views per day (a couple from the past week have even gotten 100,000-200,000 views).

The people posting rumors on this board at the very least aren't doing so for financial gain.

Last edited:

Lilofan

The more widely-circulated Star Wars movie leaks actually turned out correct. The plot layouts for Both 7 and 9 were known long before the movies released. There were a few fake ones, but the legit ones had a lot of verification backing them up. There were a few minor changes with 9's leaks due to the reshoots, though this mostly only slightly affected the order of some scenes and a Kylo Ren scene near the end. The basic plot layout remained largely consistent with the leaks though. They did better at keeping Last Jedi's plot secret. That didn't accurately leak until shortly before release IIRC. There were plenty of fake ones, but there was no real consistency across them and everyone was pretty skeptical due to non-verified inconsistent sourcing.

The Star Wars Leaks subreddit is generally a good source for credible rumors about the franchise. Youtube is not, and everyone knows to avoid it unless they're just directly copying credible rumors off the leaks subreddit. There's a group of prominent youtube clickbaiters who constantly post nothing but easily proved wrong BS about the franchise. I've already mentioned people like ClownfishTV, Yellowflash, The Quartering etc earlier in this thread (though their content isn't exclusive to Star Wars). There are plenty of others as well.

The biggest Star Wars BSer out there is definitely Mike Zeroh. He's so full of crap that I could make a career as a credible insider simply by saying the opposite of whatever he does. Not a month has gone by over the past two years where he hasn't posted multiple videos claiming that Kathleen Kennedy has been fired. He makes 25-30 videos a week about fake Star Wars news. Much of it provably wrong from the start. His favorite piece of fake news for the past few months has been a Mace Windu show he pulled out of his rear but claims is in development. He makes a decent living off this scam. He has a continually growing subscriber count. Over 234,000 subs currently with many videos getting tens of thousands of views per day (a couple from the past week have even gotten 100,000-200,000 views).

The people posting rumors on this board at the very least aren't doing so for financial gain.
There are suckers born every minute and some take advantage of that and enrich themselves.

_caleb

The people posting rumors on this board at the very least aren't doing so for financial gain

Because ”leaks” and “insider info” flows down hill, you can see why some might have monetary incentive to try to establish themselves as “insiders” and post “remarkable” content.

The opinions of ”insiders” spread far and wide from here. I found this site by watching YouTubers, who got their info from blogs, who got their info from social media, who got their info from here.

They can be their own sources (while citing WDWMagic) for their clickbait YouTube channels.

SpaceMountain77

I personally really liked Universe of Energy; the theater moving into the past and seeing dinosaurs was incredibly cool as a kid. It wasn't on the level of Imagination, Horizons, Spaceship Earth, etc. but it was a good experience. Guardians could be a better ride, but it also doesn't fit the park at all, so it's hard to say it's going to be an improvement. It's also not open yet so who knows.

From my perspective, a significant challenge to memory and nostalgia was attraction maintenance. The details that plussed many of these attractions were lost and not experienced by later guests.

With the Universe of Energy, for example, I can recall the original sensory experience upon entering the jungle. It was dark and cold. As the sun rose, it became warmer. You could feel the warmth of the day increase with the rising of the sun. There was a morning fog and swamp smell. You were in the jungle and could feel, hear, see, and smell it. To me, this is what makes an attraction immersive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom