Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Parker in NYC

You step away for a week and the experiment remains the same. There's no end to the lengths some will go to defend this company AND keep churning out pathetic false narratives. If I'm gonna write bupkis, I'd at least want to be paid for it.

Hawg G

OK. Tonight I’m pricing an October trip to Orlando. I honestly don’t see how Disney has anyone showing up. I can buy a 15 month 2 park annual pass (this October and NEXT October) for $300. To go to WDW for for TWO DAYS. One park per day, would be $250. For no princesses, no fireworks, and no parades. Things Universal never really has.

That is a MASSIVE difference for a family of 4.

Oh, then with an AP discount, a Cabana Bay family suite inside corridor is about $108 a night, while Caribbean Bay is $300 a night for a standard motel room.

I mean, we can pay for hotel AND tickets for a whole week at Universal for the price of 5 days At Disney parks. One park a day. And we’ll have 15 more months of Universal access left over.

I foresee me and my wife having a BIG fight over whether it’s worth paying $500 to visit the MK for 8 hours with no princess M&Gs or fireworks.

I honestly don’t know what we’ll do when our unexpiring tickets run out. I can’t bring myself to burn those days for what Disney offers now. But Disney in general is just crazy expensive now.

Getachew

Universal just extended park hours by one hour for Saturday as of yesterday, and will do so going forward Saturday only. They had an extremely busy day yesterday.

Will be interesting to see what happens now that school has started.

Also, it states only for the next two Saturdays thus far.

Last edited:

Tori

Universal just extended park hours by one hour for Saturday as of yesterday, and will do so going forward Saturday only. They had an extremely busy day yesterday.

Universal has been gradually getting busier on the weekends ever since they reopened. The crowds are still fairly low during the week.

I avoid going to the theme parks on Saturday and Sundays.

legwand77

The case trend in FL looks good. The 7 day average is just under 6,000 cases a day which is definitely going in the right direction. If the trend continues in a few weeks to a month they could potentially get below 2,100 and get FL off of the travel ban lists in multiple states. That could go a long way towards helping the struggling tourism industry there. As you said, everyone needs to keep doing what needs to be done. Keep wearing masks, don‘t have large gatherings and keep bars closed and indoor dining to a bare minimum. If people embrace that it’s the fastest path to recovery.
Florida today reporting # cases at 2760 today, lowest since June. Looks like it is going to be sooner than a few months to get below 2100, more a like a few weeks. Plus the early indicators Covid ER visits is dropping just as quickly, so cases and hospitalizatiosn are going to continue to drop even further.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Florida today reporting # cases at 2760 today, lowest since June. Looks like it is going to be sooner than a few months to get below 2100, more a like a few weeks. Plus the early indicators Covid ER visits is dropping just as quickly, so cases and hospitalizatiosn are going to continue to drop even further.

It has to be below 2,100 for a weekly average so like I said a few weeks to a month if the trend continues.

legwand77

It has to be below 2,100 for a weekly average so like I said a few weeks to a month if the trend continues.
yes , and with the other leading indicators dropping fast as well that average will be meet sooner than later, possibly in less than two weeks but more likely three, looking a trends

GoofGoof

Premium Member
yes , and with the other leading indicators dropping fast as well that average will be meet sooner than later, possibly in less than two weeks but more likely three, looking a trends
I believe most of the state travel restrictions are updated weekly, not sure if it’s always a Sunday to Saturday week but assuming that’s the case FL won’t likely come off the list next Monday (unless something dramatic happens in the next few days) so the earliest it could happen would be Mon 8/31 assuming next week has a weekly average below 2,100 and the percent positive stays under 10%. So far so good, but the big area to watch is schools going back, specifically colleges. I don’t know what all of the colleges in FL are all doing but some schools are requiring a negative test to return to campus. That could potentially temporarily boost the positives if a lot of college students get tested to return to school. It should ely o further reduce percent positive. Widespread infection from college students is also possible if people don’t follow precautions but that may take several weeks to really start up if at all.

legwand77

I believe most of the state travel restrictions are updated weekly, not sure if it’s always a Sunday to Saturday week but assuming that’s the case FL won’t likely come off the list next Monday (unless something dramatic happens in the next few days) so the earliest it could happen would be Mon 8/31 assuming next week has a weekly average below 2,100 and the percent positive stays under 10%. So far so good, but the big area to watch is schools going back, specifically colleges. I don’t know what all of the colleges in FL are all doing but some schools are requiring a negative test to return to campus. That could potentially temporarily boost the positives if a lot of college students get tested to return to school. It should ely o further reduce percent positive. Widespread infection from college students is also possible if people don’t follow precautions but that may take several weeks to really start up if at all.
Agree it will probably be hopefully around Mid September.

legwand77

Governor also tweeted it was a lower number of tests. Best to wait until the numbers come out.
Sure, but number of tests don't seem to matter when positive test are high ;) . Positivity is still in the 8.3% range, in the range it was back in June

Orange County is down to 5.4% positivity lowest it has been in months, since the parks have been open.

seascape

One exception to snow days are the exclusive boarding schools in New England. The teachers and teachers live on campus together and school happens six days a week and a day off on Sundays.
When I attended The Hill School in Pennsylvania in the 1970's during the energy crisis we were the only school in the entire state that was open. All the colleges and Universities were also closed so we were the only educational facility allowed to be open. That was because we were a boarding school and had most classrooms in the same buildings as the dormitories.

tanc

When I was there I pretty much did most of a park within like 5 hours, obviously it's a means to save money I think. The most crowded park was EPCOT and it was on a weekend.

JoeCamel

Economic turnaround is starting to happen

Paywall

Also:

sen.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom