Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

They have 5 theaters in the same area so they had the idea to reuse some "Theater District" concept of the past:
View attachment 487055
New York would be perfect since it is where Mickey officially made its debuts with Steamboat Willie in 1928 and Disney has a great presence in Broadway with its own musicals.
it will lead to Avengers Campus (this land has an architecture very close to the New York docks and marvel is native to New York, so it’s rather logical as transition), to the gardens of the lake which will be the equivalent of Central Park and a seaside area (Nemo).

If despite the covid, the project still takes shape, the work would start in 2021 until 2023 with the rededication of the Park.

Wait there was originally going to be a New York Land of Walt Disney Studios Paris with 5 Theaters before it was Scrapped darn i was hoping they would put the Lion King Musical there

Parkatm

True or not, @WDW83, i can tell that your posts are cheering us up on the french disney forum ^^

Mainly because we heard about multiple projects and then project cancellations for our resorts for years and just when it seemed that everything was about to change, the covid came with its economic crisis and we were afraid of hearing some very bad news.

Do you know more about this glowing garden area? Rumors on the french forums talk about a big restaurant on the lake + another one (a Tiana restaurant), a Tiana garden and a Mary Poppins garden + a Tangled flat ride. Many were hoping for an e-ticket near the lake.

Also, do you know more about the sea side themed area (Nemo) ? Does it mean that Cars and the carpets are moving elsewhere? Does it mean that they plan to put some pools here and there to make it more like a sea side area?

G.L.A.D.I.O

True or not, @WDW83, i can tell that your posts are cheering us up on the french disney forum ^^

Mainly because we heard about multiple projects and then project cancellations for our resorts for years and just when it seemed that everything was about to change, the covid came with its economic crisis and we were afraid of hearing some very bad news.

Do you know more about this glowing garden area? Rumors on the french forums talk about a big restaurant on the lake + another one (a Tiana restaurant), a Tiana garden and a Mary Poppins garden + a Tangled flat ride. Many were hoping for an e-ticket near the lake.

Also, do you know more about the sea side themed area (Nemo) ? Does it mean that Cars and the carpets are moving elsewhere? Does it mean that they plan to put some pools here and there to make it more like a sea side area?

I can't really answer those questions pubicly, however, I could have answer in the afffirmative for most of them. ;)

it would be great if they did a big land on Narnia, it seems to me that Disney has the rights.
Not anymore, the rights were sold to Netflix which is considering making his own TV series now.

As a reminder, Studio 1, Courtyard Production and the entrance of Toon Studios should be transformed into some sort of a Broadway themed area. One might then wonder what would become of La Place des frères Lumière...

(Search for yourself the project that Bob Weis tried to build in DHS and DCA #Hyperion)

Edit: some of my post erased once again by a moderator without any explanation 🙄

Because of this, I won't post anymore. Bye Bye, this forum is full of adorable people and I greatly appreciated to discuss with all of you !

Last edited:

DDLand

I can't really answer those questions pubicly, however, I could have answer in the afffirmative for most of them. ;)

Not anymore, the rights were sold to Netflix which is considering making his own TV series now.

As a reminder, Studio 1, Courtyard Production and the entrance of Toon Studios should be transformed into some sort of a Broadway themed area. One might then wonder what would become of La Place des frères Lumière...

(Search for yourself the project that Bob Weis tried to build in DHS and DCA #Hyperion)

Edit: some of my post erased once again by a moderator without any explanation 🙄

Because of this, I won't post anymore. Bye Bye, this forum is full of adorable people and I greatly appreciated to discuss with all of you !
Don’t leave! You’ve got to tell us about Hyperion! Is this what you’re referring to? From Jim Hill:
“On the upside, one of his old Disney-MGM ideas that Weis is hoping to revive as part of his California Adventure retheming project is Mickey's Movieland. Which would involve building a full-scale recreation of the old Disney animation studio that used to be located at 2719 HyperionAvenue.

Mind you, many of the shows & exhibits featured inside of this new structure would look rather familiar to fans of DCA's "Disney Animation" attraction. The point is that -- once this recreation of Hyperion Studios is in place -- Hollywood Pictures Backlot goes from being this very generic space that could be the backlot of any modern movie studio to becoming a place that tells a very specific story. You're now going to be exploring the Hollywood that Walt Disney knew back in the 1930s. When audiences everywhere were still wild about Mickey Mouse and the Silly Symphonies, and "Snow White" was about to take the world by storm.”

That would be big!

IMDREW

Are you on any other forum?

Toni25

They removed it from the Disney Parks Blog, but it's still up on the disneylandparis-news site.
I don't know if it's exciting or not...curious to see what will happen, but I am afraid some budget cuts might be in sight...I am scared for that Star Wars land. It might come later than expected, or they changed their minds or something.

cjkeating

They removed it from the Disney Parks Blog, but it's still up on the disneylandparis-news site.
I don't know if it's exciting or not...curious to see what will happen, but I am afraid some budget cuts might be in sight...I am scared for that Star Wars land. It might come later than expected, or they changed their minds or something.

Someone in the thread can track the image being removed to at least a year ago so we might not need to read too much into this yet.

Let's wait until the publicly posted image in WDSP is removed or modified.

mickey33

Evilgidgit

The theme park blogger Theme Park Worldwide went to WDSP about two weeks ago, and they have the concept art for the expansion built into the work wall for the lake path, so it must still be ongoing.

Toni25

The theme park blogger Theme Park Worldwide went to WDSP about two weeks ago, and they have the concept art for the expansion built into the work wall for the lake path, so it must still be ongoing.
Oh I'm sure the lake, Avengers and Frozen areas are a guarantee...but nothing has been filed for Star Wars yet (except that concept art), so that is the "weak link" so to speak.
It's kinda' a mystery what will happen and I'm really excited about the day something finally leaks. There is so much speculation...even about the park in general, not just that area specifically. All these rumors about changing Studio 1, creating more immersive environments, maybe adding a flat ride here or there 🤷‍♂️

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Interesting that they're thinking of swapping the Los Angeles/Hollywood location of Production Courtyard/Place de Stars to New York/Broadway! Looks like Eddie Sotto's 1920s Main Street, USA will finally be realized (in a way).

How would this affect the Tower of Terror though? Could a major retheme for the tower be in the works to coincide with the retheme? (For the love of God, let it not be Mission: Breakout!)

Toni25

Interesting that they're thinking of swapping the Los Angeles/Hollywood location of Production Courtyard/Place de Stars to New York/Broadway! Looks like Eddie Sotto's 1920s Main Street, USA will finally be realized (in a way).

How would this affect the Tower of Terror though? Could a major retheme for the tower be in the works to coincide with the retheme? (For the love of God, let it not be Mission: Breakout!)
Imagine adapting the Tower to New York...hello Tokyo DisneySea Society of Explorers Tower 🙃

Toni25

You don't need a big retheme for that, I imagine they have hotels too in New York ;)
It's not that easy, obviously they would have to change the entire aesthetic of the building, since Californian Art Deco would probably not fit in a Broadway setting (I don't even know what decade/architectural style they would go for).
Also, I'm not sure if they'd keep the Twilight Zone IP, they might want something new to market.

Anyways I doubt we'd see such a drastic retheme of the entire Studios anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom