Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Disney Irish

Premium Member
According to Forbes, construction has apparently been halted on the ride and will only resume "when the time is right for the budget at Walt Disney Imagineering". Here's the article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/megand...d-attractions-and-canceled-planned-overhauls/.
Hmm, recent MC photos show activity at the site:

Disneyland-Mikey-Minnie-Runaway-Railway-1-Mike-micechat.jpeg

Also right in the same article is this:

"Bob Weis, president of Walt Disney Imagineering explained to D23.com, “We are still evaluating project timelines based on the extended closures we’ve experienced due to COVID-19. While several projects, like Avengers Campus—at both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland Paris—are able to surge forward based on where we were in development, there are others that will be picked back up in stages—like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and TRON"

mharrington

Also right in the same article is this:

"Bob Weis, president of Walt Disney Imagineering explained to D23.com, “We are still evaluating project timelines based on the extended closures we’ve experienced due to COVID-19. While several projects, like Avengers Campus—at both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland Paris—are able to surge forward based on where we were in development, there are others that will be picked back up in stages—like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and TRON"

What does "picked up in stages" mean?

SevenSevens

Exactly, how long has the widening of I-5 been under construction.
At least you see them actually working on in pretty regularly. I remember when they were working on the 22, and shut down multiple lanes, and then did no work on them for years. There were huge weeds growing in the cracks and never any crews out doing anything on them.

SplashGhost

According to Forbes, construction has apparently been halted on the ride and will only resume "when the time is right for the budget at Walt Disney Imagineering". Here's the article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/megand...d-attractions-and-canceled-planned-overhauls/.

Hopefully this means that the Splash retheme is delayed indefinitely (which will lead to it being quietly cancelled). They need to focus on finishing actual new rides that are in construction and fixing Tomorrowland before wasting money on rethemes of beloved classics.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
At least you see them actually working on in pretty regularly. I remember when they were working on the 22, and shut down multiple lanes, and then did no work on them for years. There were huge weeds growing in the cracks and never any crews out doing anything on them.
Not that it needs answering, but maybe its funding source got cut, who knows. I'd have to investigate to find out, or maybe someone here knows. But I'd be curious to find out, years without ANY movement is not usual in my opinion for a state freeway project.

socalifornian

Doesn't 47.3 cents per gallon seem excessive to anyone?
The tax passed so most people apparently said haha nope! Although I vaguely remember the wording on the ballot feeling intentionally tricky as to whether or not you should vote yes or no to shoot it down. I don’t remember people talking about that much

bshah365

To my understanding, the plots of land are different in shape/size on both coasts. Has anybody on here made a map of the current plot of dirt in Toontown, guesstimating how the attraction/queue will be formatted to fit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom