Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

lazyboy97o

Office space above the ride? It doesn't require that tall of a building does it?
It could easily require a building that tall. Lighting and projection will require easy and sizable access up above the sets. The structural clear spans desired for a dark ride necessitate deep trusses. Two floors for the ride, one floor for the show equipment and another ”floor” for the structure and you’re easily nearing at least 50’ in height.

Sharon&Susan

Well we already know the entry way is going to be so much better, at least from the concept art. So I would expect them to tweak more stuff and not be an exact clone. The benefit of DL getting the second iteration is they can apply the things they learned from building the DHS version and improve upon it in the DL version.
I wonder if they'll redo the pre show rooms to make them less depressing, in case of an emergency situation like what we're living through now.

mickEblu

So what’s going to happen to that backstage road? Are they keeping it and just adding Some sort of themed tunnel or bridge to the show building?

BayouShack

So what’s going to happen to that backstage road? Are they keeping it and just adding Some sort of themed tunnel or bridge to the show building?

I doubt it. There will probably just be two dead ends terminating at the connector between the entrance building and show building. There’s no reason why it needs to be a thoroughfare.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I dunno. I like the neon sign at DHS and the concept of going from the real world to the toon world more but I’m curious to see what they do with DLs queue and if they improve the ride.
Well the neon marque should be part of this version too. The concept for DLs was suppose to be going into TTs El Capitoon Theater with a different queue experience unique to DL. How the experience translates to us jumping into the screen, dunno at this point.

I wonder if they'll redo the pre show rooms to make them less depressing, in case of an emergency situation like what we're living through now.
Maybe, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Darkbeer1

I can’t remember, did Disney ever officially announce an opening year for DL’s version?
From the OCR/SCNG article. (Sub Headline)

>>
Disneyland had announced a 2022 opening date for Runaway Railway back in April 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic closed Disney’s Anaheim theme parks for more than five months and slowed construction on the dark ride project.<<

Mac Tonight

200.gif

Californian Elitist

Yeah, 2022

From the OCR/SCNG article. (Sub Headline)

>>
Disneyland had announced a 2022 opening date for Runaway Railway back in April 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic closed Disney’s Anaheim theme parks for more than five months and slowed construction on the dark ride project.<<

Thanks, guys!

I guess a 2023 opening is not surprising to hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom