Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To my understanding, the plots of land are different in shape/size on both coasts. Has anybody on here made a map of the current plot of dirt in Toontown, guesstimating how the attraction/queue will be formatted to fit?

The yellow box below represents the footprint of the GMR building minus the maintenance bay. The red is the size of the queue. Maintenance bay can be added at either end.

1597701987230.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Considering that the ride may or may not be replacing the Gag Factory/Five and Dime area, it could just be a gift shop.
That is a very large footprint for just a gift shop. The red box is double the size of Gag Factory/Five and Dime. But what about the rest of the dirt plot that isn't included in the highlighted area? That is what I'm talking about, there is a lot of extra left over space that could be used for something else.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Some positive news! I don’t even care that the ride through video slightly let me down. With that said, I’m sure this kind of a media based ride is much more impressive in person. Also hoping they add some more bells and whistles to the DL version to some of the lackluster rooms like the Tornado scene.
Well we already know the entry way is going to be so much better, at least from the concept art. So I would expect them to tweak more stuff and not be an exact clone. The benefit of DL getting the second iteration is they can apply the things they learned from building the DHS version and improve upon it in the DL version.

mickEblu

Well we already know the entry way is going to be so much better, at least from the concept art. So I would expect them to tweak more stuff and not be an exact clone. The benefit of DL getting the second iteration is they can apply the things they learned from building the DHS version and improve upon it in the DL version.

I dunno. I like the neon sign at DHS and the concept of going from the real world to the toon world more but I’m curious to see what they do with DLs queue and if they improve the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom