Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

EFCEA6D4-B5EA-4E90-B8E3-0D8E29958FC6.jpeg

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

James Cameron doesn't do what James Cameron does for James Cameron. James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is... James Cameron

Ismael Flores

In fairness, I think that evidence is only a few years old. I hadn't heard it until that Nat Geo special on D+.

Is the world moving on from Titanic fever? I don't feel like there's been as much publicity or new programming about the ship recently, but then I'm not seeking it out most of the time.

I recommend a trip to Belfast Ireland - the Titanic Museum and grounds where the ship was built is always packed. I think people still have a curiosity about the ship and its demise.

since i brought up the museum, aside from the building being built to the scale of the Bow of the ship, the inside is set up pretty clever. The whole exhibit is a timeline of the ship building industry and continues into the construction and destruction of the Titanic. The last halls have a virtual tour of the ship as well as recovered pieces and replicas of the ships interior using physical sets and projections. What is very original about the museum is that halfway thru the exhibit you enter thru the gates of the shipyard and get to see the blueprints of the ship and then a projection of each floors buildings specs. Once thru that room you are directed to board a gantry elevator that takes you several stories up to the highest point of the building. At this point film and projections are seen on the walls of people working during the construction of the ship-guest are then ushered unto a vehicle with an overhead track. The vehicle leave the platform and then travels thru a recreation of the hull of the ship thru a dark ride that has physical sets, film, audio and sensory effects showcasing the struggles and labor of the shipbuilders.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just curious, am I the only one for whom images that are on Twitter, and only images on Twitter, will often not load at all?

Everything else? Fine. Twitter? 50/50 on whether it will display for me or not.

Try scrolling up and back down again. That sometimes triggers a load for me when it's not. Or, I hit page reload.

smooch

Just curious, am I the only one for whom images that are on Twitter, and only images on Twitter, will often not load at all?

That happens for me as well, I get an error message about media failing to load half the time and other times (like just now) it will load and display just fine. Glad I'm not the only one who deals with that, I thought it might be my browser.

TP2000

Sometimes that happens to me when I'm on my desktop Mac, but never on my iPhone. So who knows? But I get your frustration, especially when this new batch of Bioreconstruct images are so interesting to look at!

Let's dig in a bit more on them...

This photo shows just how big this attraction is going to be. Certainly some of that will be for queue and pre-show, but the land as seen below is roughly twice the size of the Small World building (and that's Disneyland's massive 15 minute long version, not the abbreviated 8 minute long versions is smaller buildings in Orlando and Tokyo).

railway.jpg

Zooming in a bit more, at an angle from the east, you can see what's going on with construction. In a word... not much.

But, there is some good news as it's obviously not an abandoned site. There are some contractor trucks and at least a half dozen workmen on the site, and they appear to be laying in steel support frame for a foundation or exterior wall along the perimeter of the lot.

That's good news because it shows WDI has an active outside contractor working on the site. The project is not dead, and WDI is currently spending money to pay an outside contractor to work on the site daily.

Railway1.jpg

And there's six Porta-Potties! They're ready for a party.

Railway2.jpg

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The show building for the attraction at DHS is about 212'x300'. That's roughly about 45% of the full length of that plot of land behind ToonTown. Clearly they will only use up what they need for the attraction and use the rest to bring back some of the backstage space (which I believe was mentioned once before somewhere).

I'll use the floor plan and Google maps to draw up some mockups of how I think things could work (granted they even use the same floor plan).

Mike730

The show building for the attraction at DHS is about 212'x300'. That's roughly about 45% of the full length of that plot of land behind ToonTown. Clearly they will only use up what they need for the attraction and use the rest to bring back some of the backstage space (which I believe was mentioned once before somewhere).

I'll use the floor plan and Google maps to draw up some mockups of how I think things could work (granted they even use the same floor plan).
I believe that plot behind ToonTown is quite a bit thinner than 212' no?
I remember @marni1971 saying that the DHS version did not consume the entirety of the GMR show building. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that this ride got the SW:GE treatment: Designed to California's constraints, ported to Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom