Quarantine from NY, NJ, CT Ends

Basil of Baker Street

Here in Key West, tourism is dead. Lots of bars closed, almost every big event was canceled. Just like WDW, who wants to go on vacation to a place that is only a fraction of what it was. My family really wants to go somewhere, but we don't want to fly, and the idea of a long space mountain queue with masks is a hard no.

Was just down for the mini season. It was a decent crowd but nothing like years past. Only bad part was no Mallory Square sunset activities. Other than that it was pretty good time.

DMMDMM

Glad to hear. I am retired. Have reservations in November. Can easily quarantine when I get home but not willing to quarantine for 2 weeks before. So still watching Florida and Disney Covid outbreaks to determine whether to make my final payment in October.

lindawdw

No one in their right mind is traveling to Florida right now. Florida has bungled this worse than almost any other state except for GA.

The states listed are actually INCREASING their own quarantine orders, adding fines and upping enforcement, and the way things are going, lockdowns are very likely to be happening again.

The amount of people willing to risk their lives to go to one of the biggest hotspots in the world to have a half-baked but still premium priced Disney trip are minuscule.
A majority of the COVID19 cases in Florida that tested positive were from people that were in jails that had an outbreak and nursing homes.

Touchdown

That’s a commentary (it’s right at the top of the article) which means it’s an opinion. It’s also from a very right wing source written by a policy advisor (first author) and nurse who are currently employed by the Heritage Foundation.

That’s not a valid source and not only that, it does not prove a “majority“ of cases in Florida are prisoners or nursing home residents, it’s no doubt that these groups have a high rate of Covid but they are a very small segment of the population. I do not have the time to start pulling statistics from Florida’s database but the largest group in the state who contracted Covid are 25-50 year olds, there is no way a majority of those individuals are in jail or nursing homes.

spock8113

It's as easy as ABC. They need the C......A......S......H......! The Convention was cancelled for good reasons and that lost alot of money for Florida.
The same philosophies should apply to these theme parks. If People from these states won't come because they have to quarantine, they simply won't go. I barely go to the supermarket much less spend a wad of cash to go to the "Great Incubator State."
Florida blew past New York's total cases weeks ago and are vying for #1, making FLORIDA great again.
And soon the kids will be back in school, kids who's parents work at Disney?
2 weeks is a lot to add on to a vacation doing nothing like Tom Hanks in Castaway.
This whole thing is a huge folly and very sad. Disney's making a billon in other places but not from the theme parks, no way.
Then come the layoffs in September or October. I don't think they can hold out 'til Election week.
How about some Florida Covid facts: https://covidaction.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4915657158ed4991817d3703107563ba

DisneyCane

If I recall they did it because many people from that area were trying to escape to FL when NY/NJ/CT were the national hot spots. Especially snowbirds. Now things are just reversed. And I'm sure will change as the major infection sites continue to change over time.
They didn't end it soon enough. Once the crisis was over, the restrictions should have been removed and applied to the next hot spot. However, when the hot spot is in one part of your state, it becomes difficult to isolate those residents.
They weren't really fleeing from hot spots. The were fleeing due to all the lockdown restrictions that Florida didn't have. It was exacerbated by the number of people from the northeast that either have a second home in Florida or have relatives in Florida.

Floridians aren't itching to go to NY or NJ to escape Draconian restrictions. That's why the "retaliatory" quarantines don't make much sense.

BWDVCkidsince96

It is kind of silly because in practice they withdrew this quarantine order at the beginning of July when the tri state area implemented their return quarantines. At that point they closed the highway checkpoints and stopped the airport paperwork. This was my experience flying direct from Newark to Orlando in mid July.

Dr.GrantSeeker

It is kind of silly because in practice they withdrew this quarantine order at the beginning of July when the tri state area implemented their return quarantines. At that point they closed the highway checkpoints and stopped the airport paperwork. This was my experience flying direct from Newark to Orlando in mid July.

How was it when you arrived back in NJ?

BWDVCkidsince96

How was it when you arrived back in NJ?

no mention of anything in the airport again, but signs posted all over the roadways about information on a “voluntary self quarantine.” We had researched it beforehand and planned to hang out at home for 14 days for the most part. After 5 days I got a covid test and it was negative so we relaxed a little bit about going to parks and stuff (distanced and with masks) after that, but stayed pretty anti social for 14 days to be safe. Avoided elderly relatives for a good 20 days. All is good. Healthy as can be. Again, it’s voluntary in NJ. Strictly enforced in NY I believe. I’m lucky I’m a stay at home mom so I don’t have to miss work or anything for 2 weeks. Itll be an issue once school starts in sept though since my kiddo is supposed to start preschool. Can’t miss 2.5 weeks every time we want to take a little trip to Disney :(

Dr.GrantSeeker

no mention of anything in the airport again, but signs posted all over the roadways about information on a “voluntary self quarantine.” We had researched it beforehand and planned to hang out at home for 14 days for the most part. After 5 days I got a covid test and it was negative so we relaxed a little bit about going to parks and stuff (distanced and with masks) after that, but stayed pretty anti social for 14 days to be safe. Avoided elderly relatives for a good 20 days. All is good. Healthy as can be. Again, it’s voluntary in NJ. Strictly enforced in NY I believe. I’m lucky I’m a stay at home mom so I don’t have to miss work or anything for 2 weeks. Itll be an issue once school starts in sept though since my kiddo is supposed to start preschool. Can’t miss 2.5 weeks every time we want to take a little trip to Disney :(

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear you made it back healthy! I live in NY and they are very strict from what I've seen and been told by friends who had to go into quarantine due to travel. That is basically what is keeping me from getting on a plane right now is I can't sit at home for 2 weeks. I need to work! Hoping Florida pulls it together soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom