Unpopular opinion: preshows kind of suck 90% of the time

durangojim

Original Poster
Having just spent 2 weeks in a post covid WDW, I can say with certainty that we did not miss the preshows in any attractions except Mickey and Minnie Railway because it was the first time we were on the ride. RotR still has the preshow and FoP had an abbreviated one without the “ums”. Overall I did not miss any. Am I way off base here?

FettFan

Some preshows are there just to distract you from how long you're actually waiting in line.

And then they fail.
dr.%2Bseeker.jpg

S_0rM-.gif

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Having just spent 2 weeks in a post covid WDW, I can say with certainty that we did not miss the preshows in any attractions except Mickey and Minnie Railway because it was the first time we were on the ride. RotR still has the preshow and FoP had an abbreviated one without the “ums”. Overall I did not miss any. Am I way off base here?

I would much rather be in a pre-show then just standing in a queue.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

This is not POST covid. This is "DURING covid".
Yes some preshows are better than others.
But what ones are better or worse is each person's opinion.
I actually preferred the old TT preshow and don't really care about making a car but my friend loves the interactive aspect of it.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Preshows are mostly for ride ops. They regulate the flow of people into and onto a ride/show.
IMO once you have seen them a couple of times they can be skipped but that bunches people up later on in the queue.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Can't really fault Disney on preshows. They're an integral part of the experience and provide necessary backstory, ease ride ops and hype the main attraction. Disney does a good job there IMO. Universal Studios on the other hand uses preshows to ill effect. Case in point:

fast-furious-supercharged-entrance.jpg

An attraction comprised of nothing but preshows and an exit.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Can't really fault Disney on preshows. They're an integral part of the experience and provide necessary backstory, ease ride ops and hype the main attraction. Disney does a good job there IMO. Universal Studios on the other hand uses preshows to ill effect. Case in point:

View attachment 486728

An attraction comprised of nothing but preshows and an exit.

How long you figure until we get a ride that is nothing but a line. I'm just hoping there's a preshow for it.

Pepper's Ghost

COMMENTS...
This is not POST covid. This is "DURING covid". TRUE
Yes some preshows are better than others. VERY TRUE
But what ones are better or worse is each person's opinion. EXTREMELY TRUE
I actually preferred the old TT preshow and don't really care about making a car but my friend loves the interactive aspect of it. INDUBITABLY TRUE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom