News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

deeevo

Does anyone know if the show building is going to be visible from the other side of Seven Seas Lagoon? Right now it is an eyesore from Poly. So ugly sitting behind Space

Attachments

• 20200719_183051.jpg
    20200719_183051.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 3,032

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Does anyone know if the show building is going to be visible from the other side of Seven Seas Lagoon? Right now it is an eyesore from Poly. So ugly sitting behind Space
Well, if they ever move that crane, the Tronolith will stick out like a sore thumb.

KikoKea

I still do not understand why they put Tron there, squeezing it in behind SM and the go carts. It's not enough room to properly show off Tron's dramatic cover or the proper site to hide the box.

UNCgolf

What I’m envisioning wouldn’t look like an exposed track coaster. It would look like a futuristic transport device. So it would fit Epcot just as well as the “exposed track” for the monorail.

That makes more sense, then. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Slinky Dog Dash, which works okay because it's in its own little corner of the park, but I'm still not a fan.

TrainsOfDisney

That makes more sense, then. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Slinky Dog Dash, which works okay because it's in its own little corner of the park, but I'm still not a fan.

I’m sad that they budget cut the slinky coaster, and when announced I was against it. But the guy is just so cute that I just have to love it. It’s like walking by dumbo... it feels like pure Disney Magic. I don’t walk by dumbo and say “ughh a simple spinner in a Disney park!” - that’s how slinky dog is. He just makes me smile.

No the alien saucers..... they could use some work.

KikoKea

I just dont see the go carts staying.
I thought the go carts would have been long gone by now. When I first heard Tron was going to be beside SM, I thought they were going to take the go carts out and use that area for a grand entrance to Tron. Armchair imagineering, I thought a really nice water feature (or something of that sort) that defined TL's theme would be a entrance way to TL from FL. A missed opportunity.

Basil of Baker Street

I thought the go carts would have been long gone by now. When I first heard Tron was going to be beside SM, I thought they were going to take the go carts out and use that area for a grand entrance to Tron. Armchair imagineering, I thought a really nice water feature (or something of that sort) that defined TL's theme would be a entrance way to TL from FL. A missed opportunity.

Yeah. My thought has been that they used to be a cool thing I guess. But now it seems every town has a go cart track. But they're still there so I'm obviously wrong.

No Name

If *that's* the situation, then this means that this isn't the final view.

img_3036-jpg.482888

Because if this entire wall were meant to be seen, they would have done that the whole way down. In fact, the lower portion of the building is done in the same "Nothing to See Here Navy" as the unseen-from-onstage back portion of the building. This suggests that the bottom half and the back half will be hidden from view by trees. That could keep it completely obscured from Storybook Circus, not interfering with the theming there at all, and would only come into view from the train by the time people are looking in the opposite side in wonder at the canopy.

Heck, there's a building between the gravity building and canopy in Shanghai that is not present in Orlando, so this could have been done because you can see it from the ride.

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202016-01-14%20agrave%2019.58.54.png~original

Anyone know what that building is? Is it the exit/shop? That actually might explain the mysterious building I was trying to figure out between the canopy and TTA/PM.

tmk029348029348203948234fi-624x352.jpg
That building is for Chevy‘s advertising use.

The Tron showbuilding will be very visible from many places regardless.

_caleb

I always thought that walkway from Storybook Circus to Tomorrowland was strange because it was unthemed and wide open, but I loved the view of Space Mountain. I hope, they'll line the path with trees to hide the views of this ginormous gray striped box.

_caleb

Remember when people insisted they were going to do more with the Sausalito box? It's like deja vu.
Yeah but maybe they're going to paint it! Just kidding. At least the canopy will wrap around the TRON building to hide it.

(NOTE: the building will neither be painted nor hidden by the canopy, which will NOT wrap around the building nor obscure the view of the building from anywhere but directly in front of the entrance to the attraction)

TrainsOfDisney

I always thought that walkway from Storybook Circus to Tomorrowland was strange because it was unthemed and wide open, but I loved the view of Space Mountain. I hope, they'll line the path with trees to hide the views of this ginormous gray striped box.

Best place to watch trains too! As they depart they are working up the only grade on the railroad. On a cool day when the engineers open up the cylinders it’s a beutiful site. Won’t be the same with the big box but the engines will still be working so I’ll take what I get :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's been said quite a few times in this thread: The box will not be hidden from being seen outside the park. And nothing will be done to hide/block/camouflage it other than by the white, blue, and grey stripes that can already be seen.

lazyboy97o

Best place to watch trains too! As they depart they are working up the only grade on the railroad. On a cool day when the engineers open up the cylinders it’s a beutiful site. Won’t be the same with the big box but the engines will still be working so I’ll take what I get :)
How long will the trains get to run before they have to close again for Splash Mountain? :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom