Does the Walt Disney RailRoad go through Splash Mountain?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I was watching some video on the construction of Splash Mountain... and maybe i got confused.. but it seemed that the Disney Railroad went through it or something? Is it that way now.. or was it ever that way.. or am I confused lol ?

CaptainMichael

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
I was watching some video on the construction of Splash Mountain... and maybe i got confused.. but it seemed that the Disney Railroad went through it or something? Is it that way now.. or was it ever that way.. or am I confused lol ?
The railroad goes through and you can see the scene with the riverboat as you chug past.

HunnyPot

Yes, the train track is above the Riverboat scene. You can look down from the train and see the ride. It's also a good spot to find a popular hidden Mickey.

LSUxStitch

Yup goes through it..last time I rode it, there was also a nice view of a huge SPIDER web in that scen as well : SHIVERS :

SpectroMan

I decided to post in this thread because there are so many other people from Louisiana posting in it. When I went when I was five, the train went backwards from Mainstreet to Mickey's WhateverLand and forwards back to Mainstreet.

It was so cool riding a train backwards like that.

Oh by the way, STR8FAN2005, I love your avatar!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Did the train go backwards because at the time they were building Splash and it couldn't go through Frontierland? I've never heard this but could see it as a reason.

peter11435

unkadug said:
Did the train go backwards because at the time they were building Splash and it couldn't go through Frontierland? I've never heard this but could see it as a reason.
Yep thats why and when the train went backwards.

ThumpersThought

It runs as long as the park is open. It will suspend temporarily for special fireworks (like during the recent Hallowishes). The number of trains running will be dependent on how busy the park is.

mikeymouse

SpectroMan said:
I decided to post in this thread because there are so many other people from Louisiana posting in it. When I went when I was five, the train went backwards from Mainstreet to Mickey's WhateverLand and forwards back to Mainstreet. It was so cool riding a train backwards like that.

I remember that! ... while the new Frontierland station was being built w/ SM. I think it was Mickey's Birthdayland, then Mickey's Starland, then Mickey's Toontown Fair. That was kewl going backwards but missed the scenery between Frontierland and Mickey's Toontown Fair.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
peter11435 said:
Yep thats why and when the train went backwards.

Thanks, I'm kinda glad I missed that time period, as I also love the scenery between Frontierland and Toontown. I can see where riding backwards would be kinda unique though.

mountainmaster1

It does run through Splash Mountain and the last train usually departs from Main Street about a half hour before park closing, although it can vary depending on any special occasions.

peter11435 said:
As long as the parks open.

strange every time I have been there, the trains have stopped running shortly after sunset(have been there 4 times so far, each time about 8 days). because I have always wanted to ride it at night :king:

dandaman

HunnyPot said:
Yes, the train track is above the Riverboat scene. You can look down from the train and see the ride. It's also a good spot to find a popular hidden Mickey.

Find it next to the big tear in the fabric, if they still have it. :rolleyes:

peter11435

KilleriMac17 said:
strange every time I have been there, the trains have stopped running shortly after sunset(have been there 4 times so far, each time about 8 days). because I have always wanted to ride it at night :king:
They close for certain night shows such as the fireworks. But then reopen when they are finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom