All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Phroobar

In other news, cowmissing released a new mummy video as he does every June 25th, and this time he gave us the official audio tracks that are exclusive to Hollywood. Heck he gave us the original ending animation with its official audio!!

speaking of that original ending, it needs to come back soon!

Cow missing did a great job on that. I miss the original ending too. It had real and fake fire and a great eclipse projection. It hid the car turning really well. Universal creative makes some great effects but the park never keeps them running.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Frankenstein+and+Dracula+Universal+Studios+Hollywood+%28c%29+Cleverly+Catheryn
Drac's looking a little chubby these days. Thought he was on a liquid diet?

George Lucas on a Bench

Universal used to be quiet adept at dark rides, but they eventually replaced them with screens. Spider-Man is still a great pairing of the physical with the virtual. There are also these glimmers of the past in various screen-based attractions such as the Skull Island ride, which has an awesome beginning and end, the real stuff in between the screens on Forbidden Journey.

Nowadays, they seem to create these incredible queue lines for what is ultimately an experience where you sit in a simulator and look at a screen.

Mondo from five fires mentions the rumor that Universal Studios Hollywood may very soon reopen only the restaurants & stores (but no rides) of the Upper Lot. Mentions this at the 8:15 mark of the following video:

Phroobar

Mondo from five fires mentions the rumor that Universal Studios Hollywood may very soon reopen only the restaurants & stores (but no rides) of the Upper Lot. Mentions this at the 8:15 mark of the following video:

I hope they open the shows too. If they open just the restaurants and stores will they charge admission?

I hope they open the shows too. If they open just the restaurants and stores will they charge admission?

Mondo said it would most likely be for free according to a speculation video he posted today. He also said it could be open as soon as two weeks from now. Don’t think there will be any shows offered either.

Another interesting thing he said was that Knotts Berry Farm could be doing a similar partial reopening but in that case it would only be reopening Ghost town and the stores & restaurants within that land.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Mondo said it would most likely be for free according to a speculation video he posted today. He also said it could be open as soon as two weeks from now. Don’t think there will be any shows offered either.

Another interesting thing he said was that Knotts Berry Farm could be doing a similar partial reopening but in that case it would only be reopening Ghost town and the stores & restaurants within that land.

I would totally go to Universal for restaurants and stores and no attractions if it was free to wander and free to park!

I loved Uni when it was about making movies as a working lot and not about rides. Would be so happy to wander there again and would LOVE to see the Harry Potter themed areas! (No, I haven't been inside Uni in many years because I'm not interested in any of the rides and the attractions I loved when younger are long gone or much changed.)

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I would totally go to Universal for restaurants and stores and no attractions if it was free to wander and free to park!

I loved Uni when it was about making movies as a working lot and not about rides. Would be so happy to wander there again and would LOVE to see the Harry Potter themed areas! (No, I haven't been inside Uni in many years because I'm not interested in any of the rides and the attractions I loved when younger are long gone or much changed.)

Their saving grace is HHN, the Studio Tour and Potter. Walking around Hogsmeade would be worth the price of gas/parking.

As much as we bemoan the changes Disney has made (and continues to make) to their classics Universal takes the cake for really destroying their classics in a reckless fashion.

Removing Hollywood’s E.T. for a franchise no one cares about, then Back to the Future for a franchise they don’t even own. And of course removing Jaws (Orlando) and the original Kong in both parks. Even JW was a thematic downgrade though I hear they’re making additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom