News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

_caleb

That’s cause it’s currently operating.
Right. Just thought it was worth mentioning that the poster was still up, given the whole discussion about Disney deprecating the use of the Splash Characters.

On the Splash retheme (attraction) thread, @dig311dug noticed that the Brer Rabbit figurehead on the Splash log was photoshopped out of the image on the MDE app.

joup7

Mine train 5 min wait. I think getting here later might have been the way to go.. How were the crowds at rope drop?

Mine train was posted 30 at noon and I got on in 20.

Even if capacity doubles from today, it’s obvious that it’s hard to last 10 hours in the heat in a mask. Park hopping or something to let in AP after a certain time seems to be a logical solution.

disney4life2008

Just left magic Kingdom arrived at 8am. A grade across the board.

Parking was easy though they did not separate cars. Medical check was quick and security, i didn't have to empty anything. Monorail was quick you are quickly introduced to how park lines work on the monorail. The only con, no air!

They did not check my paper at the gate which made me wonder could any Passholder get in? Nonetheless I was in by 905am. Headed straight for mine train. It was raining. 15 minutes later I was on. Beautiful! Rode again, 15 minutes. Rode again 20 minutes lol.

Then headed to space mountain. Literally walk in until about 1020am. I rode 5 times.

Then headed to thunder. Again walk on I want to say the entire day. Then splash, I rode once 25 minutes but the line wrapped around out the que so I was good with one. And those people buying all the splash stuff, ridiculous. But I guess I understand.

Went to cosmic for lunch. Food was good as usual. But my mobile order didn't register they said if your on Disney wifi it's lags. The manager comped my food because I waited 30 minutes outside.
There were only 3 resturants open so it's slim pickings.

Mansion was actually nice. I suspect they will eliminate the hanging man indefinitely. I don't mind the museum walk through. Waited about 20 minutes.

Small world, when did the seats become so uncomfortable? Peter Pan waited about 45 minutes in a 10 minute line because it broke down.
Jungle and pirates were about 25 minutes each by late afternoon.

They do have random floats of characters throughout the day. But what I loved most was the characters on the train staircase welcoming and saying goodbye to people.

All in all, it was a great day! But I wonder was the capacity for this similar to the capacity moving forward? If so, we are in for some great times! If not, the lines will be horrible and in this heat good luck.

Big question. How was the mask? Honestly, it was not bad at all. The worst was just by noon to 3 it was scorching so you need to adjust refresh alot. My only regret I should have taken my mask off on splash it got soaked and very uncomfortable until it dried.

I think I saw basketball players at the grand florridan?

WDW Pro

I think it takes visual images for some people to really understand how much money Disney is losing. But this situation, where they are losing a ton every single day, is better because at least now they're open. The amount spent to get back to open is enormous, and at least now there's a path towards being profitable.

The Splash Mountain poster is still up.

You can tell how spur of the moment that removal was (fireworks poster).

disneygeek90

I’ve only seen one person try to pull the mask off while walking with drink in their hand. Two separate CM’s asked him to put the mask on which was great to see.
1594419365329.jpeg

Surfin' Tuna

I think the seats get less and less comfortable every year we get older. It's a tough call which hurts my back more, small world or living with the land. There are players staying at the Grand, so you probably did see them.

disneygeek90

They're not dealing with average guests just yet either. You'd better believe there's going to be some ruffled feathers when an asthmatic twelve year old isn't allowed to sip water in 98 degree August sun with near 100% humidity.
To which Disney has full authority to deal with accordingly. Everyone acknowledges they understand the rules just by entering the park.

WDW Pro

To which Disney has full authority to deal with accordingly. Everyone acknowledges they understand the rules just by entering the park.

No argument here... just saying there are going to be a few ugly YouTube moments. And if I'm a cast member, I'm letting the cast member next to me handle the seventy year old who may or may not be suffering from sun stroke.

Lilofan

Just left magic Kingdom arrived at 8am. A grade across the board.

Parking was easy though they did not separate cars. Medical check was quick and security, i didn't have to empty anything. Monorail was quick you are quickly introduced to how park lines work on the monorail. The only con, no air!

They did not check my paper at the gate which made me wonder could any Passholder get in? Nonetheless I was in by 905am. Headed straight for mine train. It was raining. 15 minutes later I was on. Beautiful! Rode again, 15 minutes. Rode again 20 minutes lol.

Then headed to space mountain. Literally walk in until about 1020am. I rode 5 times.

Then headed to thunder. Again walk on I want to say the entire day. Then splash, I rode once 25 minutes but the line wrapped around out the que so I was good with one. And those people buying all the splash stuff, ridiculous. But I guess I understand.

Went to cosmic for lunch. Food was good as usual. But my mobile order didn't register they said if your on Disney wifi it's lags. The manager comped my food because I waited 30 minutes outside.
There were only 3 resturants open so it's slim pickings.

Mansion was actually nice. I suspect they will eliminate the hanging man indefinitely. I don't mind the museum walk through. Waited about 20 minutes.

Small world, when did the seats become so uncomfortable? Peter Pan waited about 45 minutes in a 10 minute line because it broke down.
Jungle and pirates were about 25 minutes each by late afternoon.

They do have random floats of characters throughout the day. But what I loved most was the characters on the train staircase welcoming and saying goodbye to people.

All in all, it was a great day! But I wonder was the capacity for this similar to the capacity moving forward? If so, we are in for some great times! If not, the lines will be horrible and in this heat good luck.

Big question. How was the mask? Honestly, it was not bad at all. The worst was just by noon to 3 it was scorching so you need to adjust refresh alot. My only regret I should have taken my mask off on splash it got soaked and very uncomfortable until it dried.

I think I saw basketball players at the grand florridan?
No AC in the monorail? That's not going to go over well next week..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Old Tim Trakker posted his visit from today...
There is NO ONE there.

I think the reports of pent up demand may have been overstated. Anything going on in the news I missed today? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’re put 3”x3” white notes on half the tables that says “this table not available due to social distancing”...

Seriously? Come on. They better keep attendance down. That’s not good enough.

And the manager outside of buzz lightyear told the vlogger that they were “sanitizing” every two hours...

“Hand sanitized is suggested for use by guests...mandatory for cast”

What on earth am I missing??
Never mind...back to tai chi for me.

disney4life2008

They’re put 3”x3” white notes on half the tables that says “this table not available due to social distancing”...

Seriously? Come on. They better keep attendance down. That’s not good enough.

And the manager outside of buzz lightyear told the vlogger that they were “sanitizing” every two hours...

“Hand sanitized is suggested for use by guests...mandatory for cast”

What on earth am I missing??
Never mind...back to tai chi for me.

People were using the hand sanitizer and masks were enforced. I don't recall seeing anyone at magic Kingdom today without a mask on except for when they were eating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom