News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

icc2515

Here at MK now. Standing in line for Jungle Cruise. So far 100% compliance with masks. Distancing lines take a little getting used to. Park is Empty like I have never seen it. I mean an after hours party looks packed compared to this. My only complaint is no trams being used in the parking lot. Where staying at the grand Floridian and it would a been a much better idea to walk to l the poly and then over to the ferry boat then to park at the magic Kingdom and walk from the parking lot to the entrance. We got here later so we had to park further out. Not a huge deal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those wondering what agent they are using for cleaning -

"So, what was the cleaning agent in use? We went to City Hall for the answers. Disney World is using a Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant that is a 3-in-1 multi-purpose spray. This EPA registered product quickly disinfects in 3-5 minutes (kills 99.999% germs) and kills Norovirus in as fast as 45 seconds. Disney is using this disinfectant on all high-traffic surfaces around the resort, not just on attractions."

icc2515

Are also like to say with regard to the heat it's 90゚ here little cloudy so not a lot of direct Sun but it's hot. My family's wearing the blue paper masks and the heat is no worse with the mask on t then with it off. It is hot either way

Mainahman

Are also like to say with regard to the heat it's 90゚ here little cloudy so not a lot of direct Sun but it's hot. My family's wearing the blue paper masks and the heat is no worse with the mask on t then with it off. It is hot either way
Thank you for keeping us informed! Helps me plan for august.

Surfin' Tuna

The lack of crowds during previews has been amazing, and it is slated to continue to similar numbers for a bit. Tomorrow has a slight bump in numbers, but it is back to today's number on Sunday at least when I last saw the numbers. As far as masks go: I hate them, try to avoid wearing them when possible, but it's a small price to pay for a diversion from reality. The parks still provide that.

TrainsOfDisney

These mini parades might be lackluster to some, but there was a herculean effort to get them in. Friends of princesses might be able to tell one day the level of frustration not smearing makeup while wearing a mask backstage with sweat likewise being an issue.

I’ve been super impressed with the level of entertainment they are providing. Characters waving from rooftops, mini-parades, live music in both mk and DAK. It’s way more than I was expecting.

icc2515

The Mini parades are very nice. They bring a smile to everyone's face. Splash mountain didn't not have any of their water features turned off we got wet soaked actually head to toe . One family per log. To put everybody upfront and of course that weighted down the front of the log and we got a lot more splash.

Spy for about a 15 minute wait and big thunder mountain literally a walk on ride there was a train waiting forest and shot down their empty

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Mini parades are very nice. They bring a smile to everyone's face. Splash mountain didn't not have any of their water features turned off we got wet soaked actually head to toe . One family per log. To put everybody upfront and of course that weighted down the front of the log and we got a lot more splash.

Spy for about a 15 minute wait and big thunder mountain literally a walk on ride there was a train waiting forest and shot down their empty
Yes some of the water canons were returned for the start of the AP previews, and there is then of course the normal deceleration splash at the bottom which cannot be turned off.

icc2515

20200710_160229.jpg

This is what I mean by empty. First time trying to post a pic. Hope it works.

VaderTron

For those wondering what agent they are using for cleaning -

"So, what was the cleaning agent in use? We went to City Hall for the answers. Disney World is using a Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant that is a 3-in-1 multi-purpose spray. This EPA registered product quickly disinfects in 3-5 minutes (kills 99.999% germs) and kills Norovirus in as fast as 45 seconds. Disney is using this disinfectant on all high-traffic surfaces around the resort, not just on attractions."

Thanks for finding out. Now you can see why that woman spraying it on the Splash Mountain boats is wearing a face shield (I figured it was Coronavirus....guess it's purpose is two-fold due to the toxicity warning.)

Attached is the Safety Data Sheet. Here are some of the warnings it contains for undiluted or high concentration useage:

Hazard Statements: Harmful if swallowed or in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Toxic if inhaled.

Precautionary Statements: Avoid breathing dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapors/ spray. Wash skin thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing must not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.

Response: IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/ attention. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.

Other Hazards: Do not mix with bleach or other chlorinated products – will cause chlorine gas. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Splash Mountain use chlorine products in their water to keep it clean?)

Yet when diluted it says:

Health injuries are not known or expected under normal use.

Really?.....we're going to go with "unknown" being an acceptable answer for the health risks of a chemical we are spraying on family rides when the same product undiluted is a highly toxic poison?

Attachments

• SDS Sheet.pdf
    259 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

_caleb

I’m at MK today for the second day of Passholder previews. While I understand that today will be the most aware guests compliance with the mask rules seems near 100%. It is kind of surreal to see crowds so low and virtually everything is a walk on.

I really like the new process for Mobile Order (at least at Cosmic Rays). They finally figured out how to fix the clumping of people around the pickup counter.

I’ve only seen one person try to pull the mask off while walking with drink in their hand. Two separate CM’s asked him to put the mask on which was great to see.

The legacy patterns of groups spread out all across a path, or just stopping in the middle are really frustrating when trying to maintain distance. The oblivious to other issues are much more of a challenge in a social distancing world.

Oh, and Cinderella Castle looks amazing in person. It’s certainly different, but that is not automatically a bad thing. View attachment 482631
Wow! This view looks completely different from the other photos I've seen. Iridescent and photo-filtery. Thanks for sharing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom