News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

TrainsOfDisney

I do think they could go the universal route and squirt into everyone’s hand before they board the attraction. It can’t hurt.
1594424885159.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

...I’m shocked to hear you say that...
I know🤣 The mayor of Orange County could shut it down. There are testing sites everywhere. More testing = more positive results. And the death rates keep going down. If people are afraid, they Have the right to stay home with no judging. People were having a good time Wednesday with no issues. The only issue would be the hoarders over at Splash Mountain trying to make a lot of money. Wait till their AP is terminated for trying to profit off the merchandise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know🤣 The mayor of Orange County could shut it down. There are testing sites everywhere. More testing = more positive results. And the death rates keep going down. If people are afraid, they Have the right to stay home with no judging. People were having a good time Wednesday with no issues. The only issue would be the hoarders over at Splash Mountain trying to make a lot of money. Wait till their AP is terminated for trying to profit off the merchandise.
...you went straight to hoaxer theory...didn’t even bother to pause a second.

Impressive...good day.

techgeek

Old Tim Trakker posted his visit from today...
There is NO ONE there.

I think the reports of pent up demand may have been overstated. Anything going on in the news I missed today? 🤔

I would continue to be very very interested in the number of reserved ‘no shows’. I know the goal was very limited numbers for the AP previews, but the pictures and reports seem are conservative even for that. Cast previews seemed to have longer lines. Once we get a few weeks of this sort of operation under our belt, some obvious attendance patterns should emerge which might suggest trends on demand. The weekend should be very interesting to watch.

DVCakaCarlF

I would continue to be very very interested in the number of reserved ‘no shows’. I know the goal was very limited numbers for the AP previews, but the pictures and reports seem are conservative even for that. Cast previews seemed to have longer lines. Once we get a few weeks of this sort of operation under our belt, some obvious attendance patterns should emerge which might suggest trends on demand. The weekend should be very interesting to watch.
The fact that AP attendance is down irritates me that the previews were tied up within an hour.

DVCakaCarlF

I think tomorrow will be “slammed.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not necessarily as only reserved guests will enter so it's still controlled.

Speaking of Slammed, NBA players are now allowed after hours access to specific parks.

Upon 'booking.'

Looks like a paid-for after hours event that a player can 'book', which I presume means 'pay for.'

It's not stroll into any park they want any day.

Parker in NYC

I’m at MK today for the second day of Passholder previews. While I understand that today will be the most aware guests compliance with the mask rules seems near 100%. It is kind of surreal to see crowds so low and virtually everything is a walk on.

I really like the new process for Mobile Order (at least at Cosmic Rays). They finally figured out how to fix the clumping of people around the pickup counter.

I’ve only seen one person try to pull the mask off while walking with drink in their hand. Two separate CM’s asked him to put the mask on which was great to see.

The legacy patterns of groups spread out all across a path, or just stopping in the middle are really frustrating when trying to maintain distance. The oblivious to other issues are much more of a challenge in a social distancing world.

Oh, and Cinderella Castle looks amazing in person. It’s certainly different, but that is not automatically a bad thing. View attachment 482631

Glad you had a positive experience.

That castle looks like it could use a vaccine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom