Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

mickeymiss

Exactly, WDW needs out of state residents to make money. If I had a July trip planned this year, I would be canceling that trip, and unless something drastically changes in the next 6 weeks I’ll be canceling my October trip.

I’m not alone.

My brain stopped working. I thought you were saying there are 6 weeks until October and I got really depressed. Nobody do that again. 😂😭 I never know what day or month it is anymore.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The gov would pay your mortgage too, like other countries did. This is not the thread for this, but everyone should have been helped.
That happened near across the board here as well.

Banks were “suggested” to provide forgiveness...

Which Involved the brinks truck rolling from under the Capitol and driving straight to the Hampton’s to give it to them

lilypgirl

Except it never did. It’s been about controlling spread to get back to normal since day one...

What tv have you been watching? (Rhetorical)
I just recently listened to a doctor on NPR who said the virus numbers will spike every time you close up shop and then reopen. He also said the only way to avoid it is until there is a vaccine . So I am not on board with stay at home orders until that happens for a disease that’s not an automatic death sentence.

I will be anxiously awaiting the you are an idiot that doctor is a hack and you should listen to me response.

Last edited:

tissandtully

I just recently listened to a doctor on NPR who said the virus numbers will spike every time you close up shop and then reopen. He also said Reb only way to avoid it is until there is a vaccine . So I am not on board with stay at home orders until that happens for a disease that’s not an automatic death sentence.

I will be anxiously awaiting you are an idiot you, that doctor is a hack should listen to me response.
Just wear a mask when you go out, if you don't, you're an idiot. OK, ready for this thread to get locked down now.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That happened near across the board here as well.

Banks were “suggested” to provide forgiveness...

Which Involved the brinks truck rolling from under the Capitol and driving straight to the Hampton’s to give it to them
I don’t know anyone who got mortgage forgiveness. Do you? I didn’t know that was a thing. I know many fellow business owners that took mortgage forbearance, but that’s just kicking the can down the road.

DisneyCane

No conspiracy...let me be clear:

I want “y’all” to take a million tests and then do the right thing to lock it down.

No excuses...a lot of bravado in May and June...so that negates certain jurisdictions “rights” to call for help now, don’t it?

There’s a difference between being blindsided and just being indignant.

I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt...but it’s getting hard...

Can you make the correlation to every area showing spikes to outdoor protests?

Who's calling for help? Even if there are 50,000 new "cases" per day, as long as the hospitals have capacity and the daily deaths don't go up much then there's no reason to "lock it down." Just need to go back to before the bars open.

I didn't say there was a correlation between the outdoor protests and the spikes. I said the protests coincided with the bars opening so that, from a data analysis standpoint, it is difficult to isolate the two.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just recently listened to a doctor on NPR who said the virus numbers will spike every time you close up shop and then reopen. He also said Reb only way to avoid it is until there is a vaccine . So I am not on board with stay at home orders until that happens for a disease that’s not an automatic death sentence.

I will be anxiously awaiting you are an idiot you, that doctor is a hack should listen to me response.
So that doctor actually said what should be done. You’re not onboard with it.

To be clear...I’m not either. I’m for contact tracing and isolation. Because it’s the one common link in all countries that have provided better response than us (quite a growing list).

That a failure of leadership. Time to throw the bath water out and start to protect the baby.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know anyone who got mortgage forgiveness. Do you? I didn’t know that was a thing. I know many fellow business owners that took mortgage forbearance, but that’s just kicking the can down the road.
I didn’t need it. Or for the rental. Lucky me.

But chase, Bank of America, TD, Wells all offered the 3 months bump.

That wasn’t “forgiveness”...which was my poor choice of words...but it also still solved the problem...nobody ended up owing/losing more money.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who's calling for help? Even if there are 50,000 new "cases" per day, as long as the hospitals have capacity and the daily deaths don't go up much then there's no reason to "lock it down." Just need to go back to before the bars open.

I didn't say there was a correlation between the outdoor protests and the spikes. I said the protests coincided with the bars opening so that, from a data analysis standpoint, it is difficult to isolate the two.
I meant don’t call.

Can’t claim they didn’t know.

DisneyCane

The gov would pay your mortgage too, like other countries did. This is not the thread for this, but everyone should have been helped.

With what money? Doing this would require many trillions of dollars more national debt. At some point the value of the dollar will drop precipitously and there will be inflation that will make the late 70's look OK.

And, from a philosophical standpoint, why would it be fair to do this for non-essential workers who could then sit at home and binge netflix while essential workers still have to work for a living?

lilypgirl

So that doctor actually said what should be done. You’re not onboard with it.

To be clear...I’m not either. I’m for contact tracing and isolation. Because it’s the one common link in all countries that have provided better response than us (quite a growing list).

That a failure of leadership. Time to throw the bath water out and start to protect the baby.
No actually said we should stay open.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With what money? Doing this would require many trillions of dollars more national debt. At some point the value of the dollar will drop precipitously and there will be inflation that will make the late 70's look OK.

And, from a philosophical standpoint, why would it be fair to do this for non-essential workers who could then sit at home and binge netflix while essential workers still have to work for a living?
Dear god.

If you want to go strict econ here...it’s actually never been cheaper for the US government to borrow money...which means they can make it at Will.

But you’re not trying to do the nonsense “deficit hawk” thing are you? Does anyone fall for that anymore?

chriskbrown

Exactly, WDW needs out of state residents to make money. If I had a July trip planned this year, I would be canceling that trip, and unless something drastically changes in the next 6 weeks I’ll be canceling my October trip.

I’m not alone.
We had a trip next week we cancelled - could not buy tickets for half our travel party so it made it easy...

durangojim

This thread keeps going in circles. None of us know if Disney will open or won't. Some hope they will, other's hope they wont. Some think the pandemic is over hyped, some think it's not taken seriously enough. No one will change anyone else's mind and everyone thinks' they're smarter than everyone else. I've just summed up this thread.
Disney will open, people will get sick and the vast majority of people who go won't and will have a very unique experience.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom