The Splash Mountain Appreciation Thread

JIMINYCR

Ohhhh Disney.... You cowards. Not going to change anyones attitude, behavior or mindset. Just going to increase to confidence of those who know companies would rather give in than stand up to those who yell the loudest. The majority who probably never saw the film, never rode the attraction or for that matter visited the parks.

giphy.gif

Looks like we lost this one.
Sorry, Kate.
At least I don’t have to worry about Tom Sawyer Island. Mark Twain never wrote anything that could be twisted into ugly racist talk by giddy SJW types.

Walt Disney1955

Ohhhh Disney.... You cowards. Not going to change anyones attitude, behavior or mindset. Just going to increase to confidence of those who know companies would rather give in than stand up to those who yell the loudest. The majority who probably never saw the film, never rode the attraction or for that matter visited the parks.

View attachment 479201

Yeah, it is quite a shame. I honestly thought Disney had the spine to tell them where to go. I would if they were bashing one of my best creations. This is definitely worthy of a "Walt would be spinning in his grave" moment. The problem is, they won't stop there.

James Clifton

The CEO probably told his upper management at a meeting! Don't get upset....give it time & "they " will forget & come back!Remember what happened when we charged for parking at the RESORTS! LOL....now here is what I'm changing next! Sigh...Bye WDW,hello UNIVERSAL!Never been there I was loyal to WDW!NO LONGER!

Brer Panther

You know what I just thought of? If this were a crossover attraction with Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear hanging out with Tiana, Naveen, Louis etc., I would probably be able to stomach this change better. They're probably not gonna do that, but at least the characters would still be there.

Like, let's say the ride begins with Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear meeting Louis in the bayou, and he invites them to Tiana and Naveen's Mardi Gras party. Stuff happens, maybe some voodoo spirits attack but then Brer Rabbit outwits them by tricking them into following him into the briar patch (cue the drop) and everybody has a good time.

I know this is probably a dumb idea, but eh...

Brer Panther

Okay, so somebody in another thread had this to say...

What if this is true, but the controversy wasn't a coincidence?

This whole controversy was a guerilla marketing campaign to make them look good when they "listened" to the crowd (when they were they were the one that encouraged the mob in the first lace). I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but the person who started this whole mess was a Disney employee.

I personally think they're lying so they don't get sued, but hey maybe they're telling the truth.

I know I'm probably just being paranoid, but... do you think there's any truth to this?

Figments Friend

I'm happy at least I got my Splash Mountain shirt and proudly wore it when I met Jess Harnell at C2E2..Since he voiced the majority of characters on the ride..View attachment 479334

Wow....
Check out Jess ...he has really become a 'rock star'.

Last time I saw him in person was in the early 90s when he was doing a promotional tour for the 'Animaniacs' television series.
Great guy...

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

There are some people who won’t even ride Splash because they’re afraid of getting wet. It’s ridiculous.

Not nessesarily.

Story time -
I once spent some quality time with Tony Baxter at Disneyland Park a few years ago.
When deciding which Attractions we would like to experience, he was open to anything except 'Splash Mountain'.
Why you may ask?
He simply did not want to get wet and spend the rest of the time slogging around in damp clothing.

So you see, even an Attractions' own creator can 'be afraid of getting wet'.

:)

-

celluloid

I literally just watched ride-through videos of both Splash Mountains and I didn't see ONE racist thing about either one. This entire claim that it's racist simply because the film it's based on has racist elements is utterly ridiculous and it's baffling that Disney agreed with them.

Now go watch The Simpsons Ride at Universal or the entire collection on Disney Plus!

Doodlelicious

There are a lot of people who see Splash Mountain as the best ride in the Magic Kingdom and I am one that believes it is a fantastic one at that. I am not going to get into the whole should it have been changed or not because it already has happened. I certainly am not going to change the minds of the Disney executives. All I can hope for now is that the new Princess and the Frog ride is as spectacular as the original Splash Mountain.

NickMaio

Splash to me is 'was' storytelling, atmospheric que, ride suspense and fun to perfection.
A perfect WDW ride.
It will be missed by our family.
Not very excited for this retheme.
I call BS that they were thinking of this years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom