Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandySavage

Something will have to. I am not sure how large of a re-theme this will be be, but it will be costly. SM is a huge ride with tons of show scenes. My bet is Epcot takes the brunt of the cuts.
I'm guessing an absolute minimum will be changed. In this way corporate Disney's love for cost-saving will dovetail with a desire to pander to both sides ("To those who loved Splash, this is really the same ride but with a new soundtrack and some characters added").

LF85

Just here for the meltdowns.

Ya'll in Florida aren't ready, they changed Tower of Terror out here despite big fan push back. They've announced this, they aren't going to turn back the clock now.

It will still be an incredible attraction, with characters and music that is truly wonderful. Love love love it.

what an ignorant post.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think for a lot of us, this takes it to a whole new level/extreme. I know you were already there, but...
But shouldn’t we all have “been there”?

Reskinning attractions is just not good enough for the price. Couple that and 7 year construction of minilands that are so obsessed with “theme” that they miss the fun and longterm appeal...and they’ve lost their way more than the stock price knows.

Tony Perkis

Not only that, unless you read the book, there is no way you see that movie's plantation scenes and know if its during slavery or not, They chose to not be explicit with this. And the implication is that Uncle Remus is just so darn happy to help those white folks as best he can and maybe even wistful for "old days".
In Princess and the Frog, I don't think anyone who views it sees Tiana's friend as anything more than a spoiled rich girl that is totally unaware of her privlege and the film is pretty explicit in how nothing is GIVEN to this young black girl trying to work her way up.
The only reason anyone would know that it isn’t set on a plantation is knowing the film’s release date. Literally nothing else.

I should probably watch The Princess and the Frog at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom