Disneyland's 75th Anniversary: Desires and Predictions

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
There is pretty much nothing currently going on regarding the DLR that I'm dying to discuss at the moment, so I'm thinking ahead. Ten years ahead, to be exact.

We are nearly exactly 10 years away from Disneyland's 75th birthday. Yes, the 70th will be here sooner, but the 75th will most likely be a bigger event. I pondered on the 60th festivities and while it was a fun celebration, it in no way compared to the 50th. I'm wondering how Disney can create another quality celebration without it necessarily being a repeat of the 50th (I'm referring to typical things like a new parade, new fireworks show, new merchandise, food options, etc.). I am aware we will most likely get new entertainment, but I hope Disney gives us something that we never got for the 50th, nor the 60th. I want a huge celebration, like the 50th, but I don't want the exact same things we got. Something like this is possible, if Disney tries hard enough.

What are you hoping for the celebration in 10 years? I'm interested in...

-Special events and offerings outside of the parks, around California (preferably Southern California)

-The removal of Galaxy's Edge (a pipe dream, I know) and less Star Wars in general

-Extensive, quality work done to Tomorrowland (updates, removals, new offerings, etc.)

-Same thing I said above, but for Toontown

-Return of SBC's original color scheme, or something close to it (another pipe dream)

-I don't nearly care for DCA as much as I care for DL, but I would love to see Pixar Pier gone (not necessarily the attractions, but the so-called "theme") and Hollwyood Land either gone or significantly improved

As far as my predictions for the future, again, I'm almost completely positive that new entertainment, food options, and new merchandise are a given.

What do you all think? What would you like to see? What do you think will happen in a decade?

SuddenStorm

A return of the original Fantasmic, with the new effects that were installed in '17 utilized tastefully and with restraint to not detract from the original intent of the show.

A thorough lighting and technical overhaul of Splash Mountain to tastefully add projection mapping to add depth and life to some of the sets, and improved lighting to make the interior of the mountain even more cartoony. Not to mention repairs for each animatronic.

Magic Crush Drop

I would like to see Disney fix Tomorrowland by then.
Maybe for one week have all the rides go backwards (if that's possible).
A day where they let characters roam around Disneyland randomly.

Figments Friend

For the 75th, I would assume a new 'decorative Castle overlay' would be in order.

Naturally, there will be a slew of special merchandise.
Hopefully the 'event logo' and corresponding 'colors' chosen for the event are classy and / or appropriate.

'Plussing' some Attractions is beneficial, in sensible high quality ways would be wonderful.
Those that remain by the time of the 75th that haven't had any such work done should be targeted.

Whatever ends up happening, Disney Legend Tony Baxter still needs to be around and be in attendence.
Oh yes....a must.

-

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
This new Splash news really just puts a damper on everything. I don't even know if I care to visit Disneyland for its 75 anymore.

Though I might if the original Fantamsic! came back :p

Honestly, same. I was already feeling distant from the parks, venturing into other things, like international travel. Then the pandemic happened and it’s made me feel more distant. And now this news... I’m numb now and I feel indifferent. I kind of care, but then I don’t at the same time.

🤷🏾‍♀️

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Honestly, same. I was already feeling distant from the parks, venturing into other things, like international travel. Then the pandemic happened and it’s made me feel more distant. And now this news... I’m numb now and I feel indifferent. I kind of care, but then I don’t at the same time.

🤷🏾‍♀️

Teach me 😋 What're some other great tourist spots in the US that fill the void? Going to Miami sounds kinda nice.

George Lucas on a Bench

Predictions:

- Frozen Matterhorn Overlay
- Roger Rabbit becomes a Princess ride
- Girl Power overlays of the Galaxy Edge rides, which are too masculine
- Princess Pier
- Grizzly Peak becomes some sort of Princess Mount Rushmore with a Pocahontas overlay of the river ride
- Girl Power overlay of Space Mountain
- Princess overlay of Thunder Mountain
- Tom Sawyer Island becomes Stitch Island
- Rocket Rods

SuddenStorm

A return of the original Fantasmic, with the new effects that were installed in '17 utilized tastefully and with restraint to not detract from the original intent of the show.

A thorough lighting and technical overhaul of Splash Mountain to tastefully add projection mapping to add depth and life to some of the sets, and improved lighting to make the interior of the mountain even more cartoony. Not to mention repairs for each animatronic.

How naive I was.

BrianLo

I'm bumping this.

Anyone else now having extremely low to no expectations at all for this? We've still got a little over nine years, but...

Kind of sad to say, but 9 years maybe lines up with a realistic expenditure timeline again. We've got a couple of years for the company to underinvest, attendance to drastically rebound and the inevitable 6-7 years it takes for the projects to actually come to fruition.

9 years of low expectations ahead!

One thing is for sure, it most likely can't be worse than WDW's 50th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom