Disneyland's 75th Anniversary: Desires and Predictions

SuddenStorm

Quite lucky. I remember 2005-2006, especially 2005, being a very pleasant and joyous time to be at Disneyland. No pun intended, but the DL 50th is arguably the golden standard when it comes to milestone park anniversaries. Wish I could go back. And as stated previously, the 60th was pretty well done.

Too bad the current team just doesn’t get it. The complaints from WDW fans on social media have been brutal and honest. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2030 (yikes), but I think it’s best to not have any expectations at all. As @BuzzedPotatoHead89 stated, it would be miraculous if the current classics are left mostly untouched by the time that years comes creeping upon us. If that happens, I’ll be happy enough.

It's interesting, the 50th it really seemed like Disney valued classic Disneyland and understood the brand. Just about everything they did for the 50th was to enhance what fans loved about the place.

Ever since the Galaxy's Edge announcement six years ago, it really seems like Disney doesn't get it.

Dear Prudence

Quite lucky. I remember 2005-2006, especially 2005, being a very pleasant and joyous time to be at Disneyland. No pun intended, but the DL 50th is arguably the golden standard when it comes to milestone park anniversaries. Wish I could go back. And as stated previously, the 60th was pretty well done.

Too bad the current team just doesn’t get it. The complaints from WDW fans on social media have been brutal and honest. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2030 (yikes), but I think it’s best to not have any expectations at all. As @BuzzedPotatoHead89 stated, it would be miraculous if the current classics are left mostly untouched by the time that years comes creeping upon us. If that happens, I’ll be happy enough.
I agree. I went in 2005, and the REAL Haunted Mansion bride was still there. Most of the attractions were actually working. It was a great time to be there.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It's interesting, the 50th it really seemed like Disney valued classic Disneyland and understood the brand. Just about everything they did for the 50th was to enhance what fans loved about the place.

Ever since the Galaxy's Edge announcement six years ago, it really seems like Disney doesn't get it.

It's all about the people who were put into power. Disney doesn't even try to hide shareholder interest anymore. It's right in plain sight.

Example: back when they cared, they secretly pumped cinnamon scent or gingerbread scent onto mainstreet which was subtle but oh so good.

today's Disney is ridiculously blatant and cheap like chase a babys "cookie jack jack!" Script all throughout incredicoaster, then having a standalone cookie stall near the exit of incredicoaster. It's almost insulting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's all about the people who were put into power. Disney doesn't even try to hide shareholder interest anymore. It's right in plain sight.

Example: back when they cared, they secretly pumped cinnamon scent or gingerbread scent onto mainstreet which was subtle but oh so good.

today's Disney is ridiculously blatant and cheap like chase a babys "cookie jack jack!" Script all throughout incredicoaster, then having a standalone cookie stall near the exit of incredicoaster. It's almost insulting.
They secretly pump chocolate chip cookie scent on the ride too, you get the subtle hint of it but its so quick as you go by. So they have't completely forgotten their roots.... ;)

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
They secretly pump chocolate chip cookie scent on the ride too, you get the subtle hint of it but its so quick as you go by. So they have't completely forgotten their roots.... ;)

It's not secret, we all know why they pump that scent to accommodate the emphasis on the term "cookie" in the script. To sell us on real cookies 🍪 and I've tried it, Toll House makes much better cookie dough IMO lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom