Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

M:SpilotISTC12

Well all the complaining worked! Now time to tackle American Adventure and Its a Small World next! Once those misrepresentations are gone we can finally free the animals at Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom lodge! Then we can take out John at CoP all while they demo WL and replace the trees that they built over! I love it when a plan comes together!

Brer Panther

Ugh. I'm not surprised Disney is doing this what with how incredibly cowardly they are, but I'm still angry. I like The Princess and the Frog, but the ride was fine as is and I'm already cringing at the thought of all those animatronics getting trashed like the ones from Universe of Energy and The Great Movie Ride.

And mark my words, once this opens all of the people who claimed Splash Mountain was problematic will be complaining that The Princess and the Frog is problematic too.

zombiebbq

Totally understand why they are doing this, & definitely called it (in my head) last week. But I will miss the original, that's for sure!

_caleb

Disney will update the Splash Mountain rides in the United States with a new “Princess and the Frog” theme following an online debate about the undertones inherent in the current backstory based on the controversial 1940s Disney movie “Song of the South.”

The Splash Mountain log flume rides at Disneyland in Anaheim and the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Florida will be transformed with a new theme based on the 2009 “Princess and the Frog” animated movie, according to Disney.

“The retheming of Splash Mountain is of particular importance today,” according to a statement posted to the Disney Parks Blog. “The new concept is inclusive — one that all of our guests can connect with and be inspired by, and it speaks to the diversity of the millions of people who visit our parks each year.”

Here is the announcement at the Disney Parks Blog -

View attachment 479130

"Today we are thrilled to share a first glimpse of a project Imagineers have been working on since last year. Splash Mountain – at both Disneyland park in California and Magic Kingdom park in Florida – will soon be completely reimagined. The theme is inspired by an all-time favorite animated Disney film, “The Princess and the Frog.” We pick up this story after the final kiss, and join Princess Tiana and Louis on a musical adventure – featuring some of the powerful music from the film – as they prepare for their first-ever Mardi Gras performance."

I like the boat in the tree on top of the mountain. Makes me think they're going with an extensive backstory rather than just "it's a mountain with Princess and the Frog stuff inside."

brb1006

They better not retire Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear and Brer Fox from the parks!
3318ba7d88a760606161ca13085ab294.jpg

Including merchandise featuring them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom