Should WDW open?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A few things.

1. MoveOn.org is a "progressive advocacy group" (i.e. left wing propaganda outlet).

2. The headline from CNN is, quite literally, fake news. This is not a petition of "Disney World workers," it is a petition that any random person with an email address can sign. You can sign it yourself if you want to. ETA: Since this comment has offended @epcotisbest, it looks like lots of other news outlets are also reporting this BS, and it's not unique to CNN, if that assuages your feelings.

3. Cast members have been on a paid vacation for the last several months. With normal unemployment, "bonus" unemployment provided by the CARES Act, and Disney covering the full cost of benefits, they are making more money now to stay home than if they were to return to work. Of course they don't want to come back.

That's a petition I wouldn't want my name on if I were a TDO CM.
It's not CMs. The headline is false.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Should they open?
tenor.gif
Thats a YES!!!!

epcotisbest

2. The headline from CNN is, quite literally, fake news. This is not a petition of "Disney World workers," it is a petition that any random person with an email address can sign. You can sign it yourself if you want to.

Same headline on FOX, so I guess you can pick and choose which one is quite literally what you want to consider fake.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Same headline on FOX, so I guess you can pick and choose which one is quite literally what you want to consider fake.

The Fox headline is also fake news, what's your point? Fox and CNN both engaging in clickbait lies doesn't justify the other one doing so.

I referred to the CNN article because that is the one that was included in the OP. I'm not "picking and choosing" anything at all. The OP only shared the CNN article, I didn't even know the Fox article existed until you posted it.

OP: Here's a CNN article.
Me: That's inaccurate.
You: This Fox article is also inaccurate.
Me: Correct.

epcotisbest

The Fox headline is also fake news, what's your point? Fox and CNN both engaging in clickbait doesn't justify the other one doing so.

I referred to the CNN article because that is the one that was included in the OP.

My point is just what I said. You can pick and choose what you want to consider fake news. Do a search of the topic and you will find dozens of news sources from A to Z reporting the same thing.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My point is just what I said. You can pick and choose what you want to consider fake news. Do a search of the topic and you will find dozens of news sources from A to Z reporting the same thing.
I'm not picking and choosing anything, what are you even talking about? Every single news outlet that is reporting on this petition as a petition of "Disney World workers" is fake news. I'm not the one who "picked" the CNN article to share, that was the OP's decision. If he had shared the Fox article, I would have called that fake news too.

epcotisbest

I'm not picking and choosing anything, what are you even talking about? Every single news outlet that is reporting on this petition as a petition of "Disney World workers" is fake news. I'm not the one who "picked" the CNN article to share, that was the OP's decision. If he had shared the Fox article, I would have called that fake news too.

Then thank you for standing up for the truth. The world needs more people like you.

epcotisbest

Since this comment has offended @epcotisbest, it looks like lots of other news outlets are also reporting this BS, and it's not unique to CNN, if that assuages your feelings.

Not offended at all. I am quite happy to know we have a Disney employee representative and fake news expert among us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom