News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Miss Bella

For us it came to space. With just my wife and I we go for POP as we like its location, and we're never there. Add my neice and nephew as teenagers and we need more space. Plus we drive so cases of water for the week, coffee, snacks etc, it adds up for space.

We will be accepting whatever they give us. I did the circuits busy dance alot too. I just kept calling from my cell every few seconds and eventually got in. If anything in persistent!
I hope you get one of those three-bedroom villas. It's just me and my 15 year old son. I just need two beds.

Miss Bella

Not sure if this has been posted but...

I did used to work at Disney and still talk to a few friends that work there, one of them tested positive with 6 other co workers. I honestly don’t think Disney is going to open in July.
My DH works for an airline. They have had an outbreak. Dozens have tested positive, but they are essential and they still go to work. Same goes for me I'm a healthcare worker. There's a lot of essential workers that have worked through this pandemic. We don't have a choice. I really doubt Disney is going to walk this back after putting their guests through hell trying to rebook and make park reservations.

rk03221

My DH works for an airline. They have had an outbreak. Dozens have tested positive, but they are essential and they still go to work. Same goes for me I'm a healthcare worker. There's a lot of essential workers that have worked through this pandemic. We don't have a choice. I really doubt Disney is going to walk this back after putting their guests through hell trying to rebook and make park reservations.

Disney isn’t essential though, it’s a theme park and safety and PR are their top priorities. Don’t be surprised if they don’t reopen and if you are able to get your money back...just get a refund and wait. Not sure why anyone would want to spend full price for the hassle anyways

Miss Bella

Disney isn’t essential though, it’s a theme park and safety and PR are their top priorities. Don’t be surprised if they don’t reopen and if you are able to get your money back...just get a refund and wait. Not sure why anyone would want to spend full price for the hassle anyways
Don't be surprised if they do open. They are going to have a worse PR problem if they don't.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

Don't be surprised if they do open. They are going to have a worse PR problem if they don't.

If it gets to a point where they push this back, Florida would have the PR problem - not Disney, who would look as if they are looking out for guest safety based on the available guidance from health experts.

Disney would have a bad PR problem if a lot of CMs got sick and exposed customers to COVID-19, as has been the case with a number of large restaurants and bars which have closed after reopening for just this reason.

esskay

Really cant see the sense in continuing with the reopening. Floridas cases are out of control, you'd be opening in a worse position than if they'd just kept them open the whole time.

It was far, far too soon but people seem to continue to bury their heads in the sand about this whole thing. Realistically the entire state should've been planning to stay closed until the R rate was below 0.5, and even then with strict social distancing and requiring masks everywhere. It'd have made it so much quicker and easier to get things under control instead of this "La la la I'm not listening everything will be fine" attitude that the government (and state) has.

I know we all want to get back to WDW...but look at the rise in FL:

esskay

A guest who is staying the Poly told the Orlando news that the hotel is open, hardly anyone is staying there and the parking lot is almost empty. To stay there with no parks open and drop a few hundred dollars a night , is not for everyone.
Yep theres a youtuber "4K WDW" who's at the poly at the moment, they posted a video yesterday walking around. It was empty.

DisneyCane

Does anybody think/know if, after the first few weeks of the reservation period, they will be able to upgrade the software to allow park hopping if there is spare capacity?

The main park that I'd hope they do this for is Epcot. There are many occasions where we go to another park for rides/attractions but go to Epcot for an hour or two just to eat (and maybe ride SSE if the standby is short). I understand that they need to give priority to the people that want to go to Epcot for the whole day but, if there is capacity available I don't see why they couldn't let people do a same day reservation.

Obviously, this would only be for Passholders since they aren't selling park hopper tickets right now. From a revenue perspective, I'd think giving Passholders additional dining options would be beneficial

DisneyCane

What?!? Anybody who has an active infection should be isolating until they are confirmed negative. I don't care if they are the most essential worker on earth. I'd love to know what airline to report them to the CDC.

For a healthcare worker, if you have an active infection it is borderline evil to go to work. You will come into contact with people who have medical issues and are putting them at risk.

mhaftman7

Obviously, this would only be for Passholders since they aren't selling park hopper tickets right now. From a Passholder’s perspective, I'd think giving Passholders additional dining options would be beneficial

FTFY, and no you’d have to apply for a second reservation. I don’t believe that is available at this time.

carolina_yankee

Unless centeral Florida (i.e. Universal) starts shutting down, I don‘t see Disney delaying opening. Who is going to go through all of this rigmarole again for a second date that could be canceled or pushed back? “No, this time we really will open!!!” Yeah.

Reality is that Disney is likely to be the *safest* place in Florida.

rk03221

The OP was providing anecdotal evidence why Disneyworld shouldn't open. 6 cast members he/she knew had Novell Covid 19.

Right now they are quarantining her and everyone she’s been in contact with for 14 days, including everyone else who came in contact with the other 6 people. If an attractions cm gets it they are going to have to quarantine all the cms and shut the ride down, they actually don’t have a lot of workers right now because CPs aren’t there. I just don’t see it lasting very long

DisneyCane

FTFY, and no you’d have to apply for a second reservation. I don’t believe that is available at this time.

I don't know what the fix was for. My specific example is that we park hop to Epcot specifically to eat. If we can't park hop, we will eat off site instead of the things we enjoy at Epcot. That's revenue for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom