MLS coming to WDW

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Biff215

We have a Boardwalk DVC reservation for early August. Can anyone think of any concerns having a "locked down" resort next door? I'm not particularly concerned, but this is our first stay at BWV and want to make sure I'm not missing anything as there are still possibilities to move. Thanks!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
We have a Boardwalk DVC reservation for early August. Can anyone think of any concerns having a "locked down" resort next door? I'm not particularly concerned, but this is our first stay at BWV and want to make sure I'm not missing anything as there are still possibilities to move. Thanks!
I mean its next door but its far enough away that I wouldn't expect anything unusual. Beyond all of the unusual that's already happening.

floydbeatle

I can't think of any restrictions that should impact your stay. That being said only time will tell. As much as Disney wants to protect guests and CM's, you can be sure that the security to get anywhere near the MLS/NBA players will be as strict as possible. I would imagine their security plans will ensure that any potential exposure will not have been a result of lax security, or basically anything on Disney's part. Also, I don't really know much about MLS since I don't watch soccer, but I think having the NBA next door would be a bigger issue. I think you should be fine with MLS players at the Swolphin.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
You don’t need to be part of MLS to get photos of the Cove project. It’s bordered by publicly accessible roads on three sides. Anyone who wants to can get better pictures than you can get from the Swan/Dolphin resorts.
One day @jt04 will finally get to visit WDW. I believe @marni1971 has promised him a personal guided tour.

jt04

It's pretty sad when you're looking for daily updates on the construction of a third-party hotel tower. The parks can't open soon enough!

The great part is I will be able to visit soon. Although most likely DL before wdw. 🎬

EricPZ

Guess it's a good thing we ended up canceling out trip next month. I'd have ditched my family and been spending my time trying to get into Wide World of Sport. :cool:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Guess it's a good thing we ended up canceling out trip next month. I'd have ditched my family and been spending my time trying to get into Wide World of Sport. :cool:

Wonder how tight security will be around the Swolphin. You can walk there from Epcot, several ways (front and back entrances) from B&Y, from DHS, and from the minigolf. If they don't block all the paths and just the doors, there's always lying in wait at the bus stop for their transport to WWoS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom