Dining with characters is done

esskay

When you use a term like "coming to an end. For good" you lose all credability.

The term you were actually looking for was "suspended indefinetly".

Of course nobody expects charter dining to be seen any time soon. But in 1, 2, 5, 10 years things can change.

RFM57

To think you’d be able to, like you used to be able to, walk up to the Crystal Palace and have a good breakfast with no reservation for a reasonable cost in the long run is highly unlikely.
Key words being GOOD BREAKFAST snd REASONABLE COST. Highly unlikely, even without any characters (other than the guests).

Disney Crazed

This makes me very sad because my favorite place is The Crystal Palace and seeing Winnie The Pooh and Friends. I am afraid that dining with characters visits will never be the same again. :(

asianway

A great example is Norway. No one was going to the restaurant until they introduced the Princesses - now it is full. You are correct - why would people pay for a so so meal unless the characters were there?
I can’t recall, we’re they even open for breakfast prior to the invasion? I had dinner there in 92, and haven’t been back since

HansGruber

My biggest concern about Disney is that all this will simply end up as higher prices for a diminished vacation. I am not at all saying that I won't go back, but I may retreat to a value resort and greatly lower what I spend there. Disney must find a way to bring everything back eventually or else some Disney nuts like me will likely just stop going. I hope that never happens.

I hope this DOES happen and have been quite adamant about this stance for the longest time. Disney gets away with these prices because people like yourself will simply pay them without recourse. It sucks for people like me who like going to Disney but won't tolerate an absolute gouging on almost every level.

$45 a head for a character breakfast?! Dinner, I get. Breakfast, the simplest meal of the day...forget it.

John park hopper

I hope this DOES happen and have been quite adamant about this stance for the longest time. Disney gets away with these prices because people like yourself will simply pay them without recourse. It sucks for people like me who like going to Disney but won't tolerate an absolute gouging on almost every level.

$45 a head for a character breakfast?! Dinner, I get. Breakfast, the simplest meal of the day...forget it.
I agree with you. We made the mistake of eating at the Garden Grill for lunch( used to be Good Turn restaurant no character meals great food). It cost us 100bucks for the 2 of us and the food was terrible. Never again

HansGruber

I agree with you. We made the mistake of eating at the Garden Grill for lunch( used to be Good Turn restaurant no character meals great food). It cost us 100bucks for the 2 of us and the food was terrible. Never again
Bon Voyage Breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids was like $170.

I have no problem paying such money for unlimited food, booze and a show. I can appreciate the production value of Hoop-Dee or the Luau. But four characters walking around breakfast tables, I can't get my wallet out at that level.

disney4life2008

Man that resturant always smells good. After years I finally ate there for dinner, same I think it was 50 per person. The food was mediocre. I actually don't kmow what I paid for because I think chip and Dale were supposed to be there but I didn't see them.

The buffet at Fort wilderness is well worth it and I would say a hidden gem. But when they got rid of buffet lunch I stopped going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom