News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

TrojanUSC

It's a new system I can't post exact link but this is not the old system

Disney seems to have confirmed on the record there will be no change?

Either way whatever system they have must include some kind of access for people who can't stand in queues, so there will be some similar alternative.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Disney seems to have confirmed on the record there will be no change?

Either way whatever system they have must include some kind of access for people who can't stand in queues, so there will be some similar alternative.
DAS is basically just a virtual queue where you wait around the park for the duration of the posted queue time so that those who can’t do queue lines can just go in the FP line.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I remember giving out two paper fastpasses to a mom and her daughter for Soarin a while back. Our ride broke down so we rode it once and then they gave us those extra ones but didnt feel like riding twice. It felt so good.

TrojanUSC

DAS is basically just a virtual queue where you wait around the park for the duration of the posted queue time so that those who can’t do queue lines can just go in the FP line.

Right, it remains to be seen but all indications are they will be using the full standby queues with social distancing (this is the case in Shanghai). If that is the case, DAS will still need to function to allow those people to bypass that lengthy return queue so there is no reason the system would need to change.

Mainahman

the last two times, I was told it wasn’t allowed. So I would get in line, ask people what they wanted, get it for me, walk 10 feet away, then give it to them. Then get back in line.

they were my snack credits. Nobody’s gonna tell mehow to use them.
That's so awesome, and gives me ideas for future trips!! That or just get like 6 dolewhips and walk around giving out free dolewhips to passing people!

DisneyCane

Adding 10 dollars a day per person isn’t going to sit well with families that already think they’re paying too much. They’re better off leaving it as it is, people feel better about adding a whole park day to their already ticket and getting fastpasses with it. It’s about money not what’s feasible. Less people will buy more ticket days, and less people will pay for fastpass when they’re used to getting it free.
There's no rule that they have to charge for it. Original FP was free. Come up with some perk for on site guests like being allowed to secure two passes upon park entry and be done with it.

The biggest issue with FP+ is that it encourages full FP capacity use on all attractions which makes standby too long on D tickets and below.

With original FP, there were long standby lines for TT and Soarin' but things like Nemo and even SSE were 20 minutes or less most of the time. That's why a visit was so much more enjoyable.

Plus, if you were willing to rope drop you got a benefit because FP return times weren't simultaneous with park opening so standby lines weren't slowed to a crawl for any ride for at least the first half hour.

DisneyCane

My point is when you are going to be using your fastpass during a day in the park for 3 different attractions it makes it much more likely for you to wear the magicband all day in the park. If on the other hand you have no need for the magicband once you enter the park then you have no incentive to keep wearing it. The marketing folk like for you to wear it so that they can collect data on what you do in the parks. Ever notice that your photo gets logged onto your magic band even when you don't push it against any reader, that's because they are tracking you while you are in the park and know when you were in the mine train car that was photographed. They want that data, and the carrot they used to get you to wear the tracking device was the 3 fastpasses a day. WIthout it why would you wear a magic band that is only going to result in a new tan line on your wrist.
Can't they just track people with the MDE app?

rowrbazzle

Plus, if you were willing to rope drop you got a benefit because FP return times weren't simultaneous with park opening so standby lines weren't slowed to a crawl for any ride for at least the first half hour.

I do wish they'd start FP times an hour into park open rather than right when it opens. Outside of a couple rides there's really no need for a fastpass at park open.

Wildstar

I do wish they'd start FP times an hour into park open rather than right when it opens. Outside of a couple rides there's really no need for a fastpass at park open.
Only large rides are soaring love soaring the globe thing never went on it and possibly space mountain at magic kingdom. I'm always all over the park. speaking of CV 19 and star wars storm troopers of 6 feet away someone better inform Disney this is way too close.

Attachments

• IMG_20180914_150324711.jpg
    IMG_20180914_150324711.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 132

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Only large rides are soaring love soaring the globe thing never went on it and possibly space mountain at magic kingdom. I'm always all over the park. speaking of CV 19 and star wars storm troopers of 6 feet away someone better inform Disney this is way too close.
I, too, eat tables while pudding is sitting next to the sink while test track riding. Am right boys I?

ryan1

I'd love for something good to come out of this "reboot" of the parks and eliminate fast pass altogether. As highly unlikely as that might be maybe guest satisfaction will be higher without the use of fastpass and it simply just won't come back at all.

...One can dream.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Um no disability have there own lines...
No they don't. Attractions have two lines -- FP and Stand-by.
Most attractions at WDW are mobility-device accessible, meaning disabled guests use the standard waiting queues unless their disability involves an inability to wait in a queue. If the DAS is continued, they'll likely send those with return times to the exits for expedited entry.

...and Disney got sued before for messing with it.
You can sue anyone for anything regardless of whether you're right or wrong.

Rider

No they don't. Attractions have two lines -- FP and Stand-by.
Most attractions at WDW are mobility-device accessible, meaning disabled guests use the standard waiting queues unless their disability involves an inability to wait in a queue. If the DAS is continued, they'll likely send those with return times to the exits for expedited entry.

I think at this point Small World, Jungle Cruise, and Big Thunder are the only attractions with truly seperate queues for wheelchairs/ecvs. Although unless it's slow you usually need a FP or return time to use them.

Rob562

That's so awesome, and gives me ideas for future trips!! That or just get like 6 dolewhips and walk around giving out free dolewhips to passing people!

A nice thought, but how many people in the parks would actually eat a food item that was randomly handed to them by another guest?

-Rob

jt04

Adding 10 dollars a day per person isn’t going to sit well with families that already think they’re paying too much. They’re better off leaving it as it is, people feel better about adding a whole park day to their already ticket and getting fastpasses with it. It’s about money not what’s feasible. Less people will buy more ticket days, and less people will pay for fastpass when they’re used to getting it free.

Every ticket should provide a full day of experiences. A grouping of rides and shows that can be selected from depending on guest choices. For example thrill rides vs rides for younger families. These tailored experiences could be available through the 'App'. Pre scheduled show times eliminates waits.

This system means only 1 ride per day on any scheduled attraction. However later in the day attractions could open up as a voluntary upcharge through the App.

No more standby lines or lengthy waits.

PS- guests preferring a "spontaneous" experience as part of their day could also have that as an option in the app. Seemingly random but controlled by the app.

Hcalvert

I think at this point Small World, Jungle Cruise, and Big Thunder are the only attractions with truly seperate queues for wheelchairs/ecvs. Although unless it's slow you usually need a FP or return time to use them.
I would think that Splash Mountain would need a separate entrance to avoid the stairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom