The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
On a positive note, a flower on each of my hibiscus trees is now in bloom. :)

View attachment 473940

Garden is completely planted, along with 7 container plants. 6 have already died in the garden. I have to clean up today., while trying to convince myself that it’s really not that bad to go another year without a new deck. #thanksrona

Beautiful flower. I tried growing a hibiscus two different times. It didn’t work out even though some local gardeners said it would. It was beautiful in the summer and my dog liked eating the flowers. She was just a puppy then and I would see little puppy bites taken out of the flowers.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

If only I could wear this at work so when people came up to me asking where to find non essential items, I can just point to the mask and walk away

21stamps

Beautiful flower. I tried growing a hibiscus two different times. It didn’t work out even though some local gardeners said it would. It was beautiful in the summer and my dog liked eating the flowers. She was just a puppy then and I would see little puppy bites taken out of the flowers.

They told me that I can bring them inside for the winter, and they should live.. but I’ve never tried that. I just buy 2-4 plants every year.. this year only did two.

Figgy1

Premium Member

If only I could wear this at work so when people came up to me asking where to find non essential items, I can just point to the mask and walk away
The coffee was moved and it's essential to the health and well being of my children;)

Goofyernmost

Just noticed while shopping over the past few weeks most people have taken to following the arrows on the floors at the stores except for the people over 70. I have no clue why or if it's just a local thing here
I am over 70 and follow the arrows. I'll tell you it is a chore, If I need something and I am on the exit end of the row, I have to go all the way around to get to it which is doubling my walking distance and if someone has arthritis it may mean cutting back on the time in the store. Pain and shopping do not go together well. It's hard for younger folk to understand aging, they will someday, but until then we will just call ourselves senile, shoulders up in bewilderment and making like we didn't know about it. 👵👴

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
They told me that I can bring them inside for the winter, and they should live.. but I’ve never tried that. I just buy 2-4 plants every year.. this year only did two.

I was told that too and a local gardener told me I could put them In the ground and they would come back. Didn’t work for me in the ground. I suppose I could try bringing them in but I think I’ve exhausted my plant budget for the year. Maybe I’ll try next year.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just noticed while shopping over the past few weeks most people have taken to following the arrows on the floors at the stores except for the people over 70. I have no clue why or if it's just a local thing here

Same here. Except it is the people not wearing masks which aren’t following . But most of the people not wearing masks are 60+ or kind of redneck people.

Goofyernmost

Same here. Except it is the people not wearing masks which aren’t following . But most of the people not wearing masks are 60+ or kind of redneck people.
Yea, the lack of the mask is a social thing. Certain societies just think that it is a sign of weakness to wear one and make you look foolish. Classic inability to realize the reality of the situation. But, I wear mine and will continue for awhile. I only had one person so far ask me why I was wearing one in a nasty tone. I answered with a very polite statement that they should mind their own business. If you want to die... be my guest. In spite of what we are told, that mask works in our benefit as much as for others as protection from those that feel to intelligent to wear one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom