News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Pangyal

Has anybody heard any rumblings about how they are going to handle Club Level bookings? I’ve heard the gamut of rumours at this point, from outright cancellation to CM-served food and beverage to room service, so I’m wondering if anybody has a better idea of what we might expect next month?

wannabeBelle

Has anybody heard any rumblings about how they are going to handle Club Level bookings? I’ve heard the gamut of rumours at this point, from outright cancellation to CM-served food and beverage to room service, so I’m wondering if anybody has a better idea of what we might expect next month?
Nothing official as of yet. Marie

zengoth

The passes blocked are Silver. Which are blocked anyway. Gold and above are not blocked out during the summer. Why do you think anything different?
Blackouts are also spring break, presumably because of an uptick in crowds; blackouts are also during xmas new year, presumably because of an uptick in crowds; that’s why i always figured i was blacked out mid summer because of...an uptick in crowds.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Blackouts are also spring break, presumably because of an uptick in crowds; blackouts are also during xmas new year, presumably because of an uptick in crowds; that’s why i always figured i was blacked out mid summer because of...an uptick in crowds.
Wow, so you’re bringing up Gold pass blackouts for Easter ( NOT Spring Break), and Christmas as reason to blackout during the summer????? Never happened and won’t. If you are Silver, then yes, you are blocked out and that certainly isn’t going to change. If you think they are all of a sudden changing the rules, then you are listening way too much to people that have an agenda against Disney.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Received an email not long ago about a special passholder preview.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-210335~2.png
    Screenshot_20200529-210335~2.png
    177 KB · Views: 154

DVCakaCarlF

I agree, it seems greedy to keep the prices the same. And we paid $1100 and then 40 days later Disney closed. Disney just thinks it's fair to extend the days, but it's a little too high risk for us to go.
While I can appreciate your view, it’s not their fault. I think they are being more than fair by simply extending the days of said AP.

DVCakaCarlF

Honestly, CM served food would be an improvement...I can’t stand waiting behind one guy packing plates for eight other people and his daughter touching everything...yes, I have kids, too.

mhaftman7

So I just got the email and it says we are free to cancel, but modifications are suspended. Does this mean I can’t move my reservation to a later date yet?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well of course they won’t work. Why would you think anything different? If they have 100 reservations for a restaurant that now only has 30% capacity, what do you want them to do?

Every single person has to understand that for the foreseeable future, everything is going to be different, and we ALL have to be flexible with everything that is going on.
Wait...are you “shout agreeing” with me now?

It’s been a rough week for us, amigo/amiga

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No character dining.

Any news on when this system is open to regular guest (not AP and DVC)?
If I’m understanding correctly...there are no “regular guests”...

It’s backlog and aps for the time being...then it will be hard ticket purchases for preselected sites when they are ready.

So I would think that question isn’t gonna be answered for awhile. Maybe when things “book up” with park reservations?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Right but if they know the capacity of the restaurants they can still offer it if they wanted to.
I think that’s tied to rides and whatever system they use there...they can’t accurately figure out how that is gonna go...so dining reservations will cause more problems than it solves...

Unless...PRIORITY SEATING. Which should have never gone away.

Pangyal

By removing character dining, do they mean that all of the restaurants offering character dining will be closed for the foreseeable future, or that the restaurants will (possibly) be open minus the character experiences? I suppose that this is probably another wait-and-see scenario, but I’m hoping that somebody has a better idea of how this works than I do.

MickeyCB

Thanks! We're putting off the next edition of the big book, in favor of a smaller book we can update quickly as procedures change.

TP will be fine. The stats team started preparing for something like this as soon as the parks were shut. So that was time well spent.
Love Touring Plans! Just got several updates between yesterday and today. Going to use the info tomorrow to sit down and replan my park requests, my hunger games dining reservation attack, my ride preferences........you get it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom