News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Amused to Death

I mean... that is what we paid for. 365 day access and park hopping.
Exactly. And, when I bought my Platinum AP, I also expected to be able to visit the water parks. There's no other reason to even have a Platinum level AP beyond access to the water parks.

My pass is set to expire on July 29. I'll be going for a partial refund, rather than the extension, as visiting the parks with all of the current rules and restrictions in place sounds like anything but fun to me.

Kman101

Just wanted to point out I always predicted July ... lol.

I'm torn on the reservation system. I'm for it because I don't want the crush of crowds, but I'm against it because it's going to be a pain, if history repeats itself for these kinds of things.

durangojim

Do we think that the reservations for less than 60 days out from now will be done on a day by day basis based on your resort reservation date? So let’s say Disney opens up park reservations for 7/11 a week from now, even if you’re staying at disney 7/11-7/14 you’d have to wait until the next day to make your park and dining reservation for 7/12 or do we think it will be like the arrival day +10 or whatever it was for FPs and ADRs? I think the day by day would probably work better but am torn since we have a 12 night stay starting 7/12.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do we think that the reservations for less than 60 days out from now will be done on a day by day basis based on your resort reservation date? So let’s say Disney opens up park reservations for 7/11 a week from now, even if you’re staying at disney 7/11-7/14 you’d have to wait until the next day to make your park and dining reservation for 7/12 or do we think it will be like the arrival day +10 or whatever it was for FPs and ADRs? I think the day by day would probably work better but am torn since we have a 12 night stay starting 7/12.
I think you’re gonna be disappointed. I think the reason they’re cancelling advance reservations is because they won’t work.

It almost has to be an in park or walk up scenario. The restaurants may not all reopen...and if they do, could be significantly limited. In other words: trained Disney travelers won’t get what they expect and it going to cause problems.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1590797040675.png

WHAT?!

durangojim

I think you’re gonna he disappointed. I think the reason they’re cancelling advance reservations is because they won’t work.

It almost has to be an in park or walk up scenario. The restaurants may not all reopen...and if they do, could be significantly limited. In other words: trained Disney travelers won’t get what they expect and it going to cause problems.
Except they’ve told us we will need a reservation to go to a certain park for a day.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think you’re gonna he disappointed. I think the reason they’re cancelling advance reservations is because they won’t work.

Well of course they won’t work. Why would you think anything different? If they have 100 reservations for a restaurant that now only has 30% capacity, what do you want them to do?

Every single person has to understand that for the foreseeable future, everything is going to be different, and we ALL have to be flexible with everything that is going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom