News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

Gearbm95

Meanwhile, at Universal, resort guests are guaranteed park entry, still get early park admission, and those staying at Hard Rock or Royal Pacific still get Express Pass. 1 temperature check daily with wristbands handed out.

I'm so close to switching our July trip to UO. With only having 1 full day available for the parks, without park hopping, the prices at Disney just don't seem worth it. For the price I'm paying for 2 nights at Dolphin, and a 1 day hopper (if its even available) I can get the same exact stay but at Sapphire Falls and 2-park 1 day passes, with the guarantee of entry, early park access, and transportation...all while, saving close to $175.

I've been wanting to see HP land for awhile, so might just make this switch. It's really shocking to see Disney be either completely unprepared, or just not care enough to share their details, especially when a lot of peoples trips are like 40 days out at this point.

disneygeek90

I'm so close to switching our July trip to UO. With only having 1 full day available for the parks, without park hopping, the prices at Disney just don't seem worth it. For the price I'm paying for 2 nights at Dolphin, and a 1 day hopper (if its even available) I can get the same exact stay but at Sapphire Falls and 2-park 1 day passes, with the guarantee of entry, early park access, and transportation...all while, saving close to $175.

I've been wanting to see HP land for awhile, so might just make this switch. It's really shocking to see Disney be either completely unprepared, or just not care enough to share their details, especially when a lot of peoples trips are like 40 days out at this point.
I don't really think it's Disney being unprepared. Based on the measures we've seen announced over the past 24 hours it's clear that Disney is much more complex due to it's size, dining and fastpass reservations, lack of College Program and International CM's available, and creating/operating 5 temperature check areas rather than one. All of these take time and Disney is acknowledging that, hence the July open.

Mainahman

Meanwhile, at Universal, resort guests are guaranteed park entry, still get early park admission, and those staying at Hard Rock or Royal Pacific still get Express Pass. 1 temperature check daily with wristbands handed out.
And this is why alot of what Disney is doing doesn't make a whole lot of sense quite yet.

thomas998

Silver lining here. Here's hoping that this means an end to Fastpass+ forever.
I don't think that is going to happen. Remember they claimed they had hundreds of millions to create the system. If they did then you can bet they aren't going to want to write it off and if they terminated it then the auditors would probably tell them they had to write down the remaining value of the investment which would now be worth nothing if they gave up on it. For that reason alone I don't think they will want to be throwing it out anytime soon. My guess is as soon as the social distancing nonsense goes away they will bring it back to haunt everyone once again like an evil spirit.

Disney Dad 3000

Already knew this, but I will obviously be one of the few unhappy if FP+ in its current form doesn't come back.

Like the rest, our June, and July FP were wiped out today. Still have some July Dining reservations hanging around oddly enough.

huwar18

I also purchased tickets from undercover tourist and loaded them onto MDE. This morning I got this message from Disney, so it looks like it doesn’t matter where you purchase your tickets from, but it probably helps to load them onto MDE.

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new system.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.
‌​

I received the same message. I am glad they are giving the option of getting a credit because we can't get there before December,.

Kman101

It makes sense to disable FP+ for the time being. I'm thrilled over that. I'm glad Disney is basically telling those who want to game them by saying "I have a FP or dining reservation so I deserve entrance" that it isn't going to happen. Good on them.

As a passholder, I'm also pleased they're limiting reservations. They know full well certain bloggers would be there every day hoarding reservations (and they're already complaining about it on social media, LOLZ). Good on them, again.

I'm also thrilled the 180 day window is going away, that was always ridiculous. They've needed to make some of these changes, IMO. This situation just forced their hand.

Doing all of this cleans the slate for them going forward. It's smart. I know so many are upset and complaining, but why? Because you wanted to get around the restrictions is why and Disney is like "nope, not today".

disney4life2008

It makes sense to disable FP+ for the time being. I'm thrilled over that. I'm glad Disney is basically telling those who want to game them by saying "I have a FP or dining reservation so I deserve entrance" that it isn't going to happen. Good on them.

As a passholder, I'm also pleased they're limiting reservations. They know full well certain bloggers would be there every day hoarding reservations (and they're already complaining about it on social media, LOLZ). Good on them, again.

I'm also thrilled the 180 day window is going away, that was always ridiculous. They've needed to make some of these changes, IMO. This situation just forced their hand.

Doing all of this cleans the slate for them going forward. It's smart. I know so many are upset and complaining, but why? Because you wanted to get around the restrictions is why and Disney is like "nope, not today".

The only way to stop them from being irritating is to only allow them on the preview media day. Otherwise, because they have no real jobs they will be there every day.

Kman101

The only way to stop them from being irritating is to only allow them on the preview media day. Otherwise, because they have no real jobs they will be there every day.

And they are there everyday, lol (remember the day to day, almost hour to hour coverage of the Rise boarding group situation). I mean, I love these parks but don't make it your job to cover them, JMO. They're panicked now because they won't be able to. But I'm sure they'll find a way.

disney4life2008

And they are there everyday, lol (remember the day to day, almost hour to hour coverage of the Rise boarding group situation). I mean, I love these parks but don't make it your job to cover them, JMO. They're panicked now because they won't be able to. But I'm sure they'll find a way.

It's ridiculous and sad. Who cares if you can't get in. It's not the end of the world. All there content is redundant and self promoting.

durangojim

I’m watching my FPs and ADRs disappear as we speak.
43AF98D6-5BC0-422E-9828-C22AB8204962.gif

tomast

I agree with the notion of ending pre-planned FP. I am a pro. I benefit from the system. But it is SO. MUCH. WORK. And it’s stressful. You could hybridize Maxpass with virtual queues to largely avoid super long lines. Return most rides to Stand-By only (looking at you, HM and POTC). At the big tickets, once lines reach some level (an hour?) activate BGs for just those big tickets. End the misery of planning months out AND the misery of arriving at 9 am to a 240-min wait.

If there needs to be a perk for resorts, perhaps you can build in special hints-from-Genie for the most-valued-guests—imagine you get a push notification from Genie to use one of your 3 per day “Wishes”: “Hi there! I see you’re enjoying Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Want to use a wish and have me add you to a Space Mountain or Splash Mountain virtual queue? I will let you know when it’s time to ride!”

All you’d have to do is let Disney know your favorites ahead of time. No scheduling.
So, you think FP+ Is much work... wait until you need a complex printable page with all the convination of activities need to be done for having "Genie" offer you a fast pass to FoP or RoR... I can´t even imagine the ammounts of strategies that you will need to learn to get what you want in Genie, and lets not start talking about how much will an extra wish cost..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom