News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Seanual757

This is how it is in my area. I would say maybe 15%-20% of people are wearing masks. People are going on vacations. The beaches have been packed for the last few weekends. All businesses are open and busy. People are having birthday parties, house parties, etc. Both of my neighbors had to have 20+ people at their houses this weekend. Everything seems like the "old normal" here. I know several families besides my own that have already cancelled their Disney trips or will be cancelling. No one that I know wants to pay thousands of dollars for dystopian Disney.

My area 20 minutes from WDW (NW Orange County) 2 in 10 are wearing masks. I always wear a mask I am used to it so its normal for me. My wife wears one at work and my daughter I let go out with me must wear a mask.

oceanbreeze77

This is how it is in my area. I would say maybe 15%-20% of people are wearing masks. People are going on vacations. The beaches have been packed for the last few weekends. All businesses are open and busy. People are having birthday parties, house parties, etc. Both of my neighbors had to have 20+ people at their houses this weekend. Everything seems like the "old normal" here. I know several families besides my own that have already cancelled their Disney trips or will be cancelling. No one that I know wants to pay thousands of dollars for dystopian Disney.
Or this could be the reason everything shuts down again.

Jennuh13

Well, I don't know that you don't care about other parks. I was assuming you are singling out just Disney when other theme parks are doing the same. This thread was in response to theme parks presenting their reopening strategies earlier and they all got approved.

To be fair - i think universal and sea worlds plans are also stupid lol.

JohnD

About right...and in-line with the concerns I believe Disney already had.

Not rushing into anything.

The mask requirement is the big issue now. Enjoy bastille day in Epcot with a mask in a 115 heat undex.

I’m curious to see what demand will be?

Agree. i couldn’t see them opening before Independence Day. Cant do a phased opening then have a Federal Holiday right in the middle of it. Anyway, about time.

M:SpilotISTC12

We had a trip planned for June 27-30 for Epcot Moonlight Magic. We canceled in April. I'm still glad that we canceled since we can't go to the parks for those dates. Its not worth it for us to leave New Jersey and just go hang out in a hotel when it's summer time. If we were within a reasonable road trip or winter time in NJ to escape the cold, it would be worth it. We'll enjoy the same sun in New Jersey and wait. Also my wife is 4 months pregnant so that probably doesn't make the parks fun either since there a lot of rides she can't ride. Probably won't be going back until our kid is at least a year old. Yikes, how am I going to survive without a WDW trip for at least 18 months?

werwewerwerv sdwf

I completely agree, and Disney is doing a disservice to their cast members by making "mandatory" rules that people are just going to ignore en masse.

Personally, I think the rules are ridiculous but I also believe people should follow the rules that businesses are making if for no other reason than as a courtesy to the employees. "Go but ignore the rules" is not an option for me, and neither is "go and follow the rules," so I won't be gong. Very bummed.
Personally, I think the rules are ridiculous. Why is wearing a mask ridiculous? What epidemiological study supports that?

Flynnwriter

ONE QUESTION: Will World Showcase have cast members form around the world again? I can't imagine World Showcase with Americans working in the country's pavilions.

Giss Neric

We had a trip planned for June 27-30 for Epcot Moonlight Magic. We canceled in April. I'm still glad that we canceled since we can't go to the parks for those dates. Its not worth it for us to leave New Jersey and just go hang out in a hotel when it's summer time. If we were within a reasonable road trip or winter time in NJ to escape the cold, it would be worth it. We'll enjoy the same sun in New Jersey and wait. Also my wife is 4 months pregnant so that probably doesn't make the parks fun either since there a lot of rides she can't ride. Probably won't be going back until our kid is at least a year old. Yikes, how am I going to survive without a WDW trip for at least 18 months?
Kid first before Disney 😁 You have the 50th anniversary next year to look forward to.

jmp85

You can do that, but it's a pain, and if your room balance gets too high before you add the gift card, they charge your credit card. Many other companies' apps have this capability; Disney just needs to catch up to ~2015 technology.

You can't add them proactively, but you can go down the day you checkout and ask them to refund your card and give them the rest of your gift cards. We had a cast member advise us to do this, and we've been doing it for a few years, no issues.

csmat99

You may not want to come here at all.
I'm not talking about if I will go. My first reason for not going is I won't be getting full experience and not worth it. But whole point of wearing them is to avoid spread of virus. The virus isn't going away and experts are predicting will come back strong in fall. So why would a place like Disney decide to not have masks during that time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom